• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

you are ignoring the pacing difference by simplifying it down to "action", effectively- dark souls effectively uses its level design and long haul pacing to create a goal of clearing an area- combat is designed around wearing the players resources down through multiple encounters and limited resources (otherwise you get hoarding as guardian said)

the goal in souls is to create a feeling of exploring and conquering the unknown- kinda like spelunking. sliw, deliberate.

dmc is a short jaunt with high risk encounters- arcade style progression. you are equally expected to make mistakes but the design is about rewarding play so instead of estus and draining resources you get green orbs and white orbs that are rewards for playing and keeping you on a fast pace

I get that but I think this is something DMC can adapt to its genre without actually going full Souls.

I guess you're right that I overlooked the "Arcadey" style of the franchise, but I feel like that's something the game can afford to move away from. Yes there would be some disappointment in the decision, but I think the benefits of a DMC that makes it fun to explore would outweigh keeping Th Arcadey system.

It can't be a one for one adaptation of course.

So have the TGS rumors started yet or nah? Because it's been a long 8 years.
Nah.

This TGS in general has been pretty rumor free thus far. I think we only had that trademark thingy from CC2 about Road to Boruto and even that was just announced as a DLC for Storm 4.
Super lame! I actually wanted a new game for Boruto with reinvented gameplay and all that.

Wagram

Playing through the entire DMC series currently. I haven't played 1-4 in about almost a decade. Some thoughts:

DmC: Devil May Cry was pretty fun. Had a much better story than I expected. Perhaps a bit too linear though and didn't have any puzzle mechanics. Fun though.

Devil May Cry 1 does not hold up as well as I remember. The camera is absolutely atrocious. Missions are really short, and the dialogue is pretty cringe. "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with light!" Difficulty is on point though and the level design is good as well.

Onto the legendarily terrible DMC2.

Just finished DMC2. I don't think i've played a game so unbelievably boring since the last time I played DMC2. The only thing they did was improve the camera and everything else is mediocre. I felt like my soul was slowly being sucked away over the course of the two generic as fuck playthroughs. The story sucks, Dante is silent, the level design makes no sense, bosses are easy. What were they smoking?

Thank god DMC3 is next x.x.

Just finished DMC2. I don't think i've played a game so unbelievably boring since the last time I played DMC2. The only thing they did was improve the camera and everything else is mediocre. I felt like my soul was slowly being sucked away over through the course of the two generic as fuck playthroughs. The story sucks, Dante is silent, the level design makes no sense, bosses are easy. What were they smoking?

Thank god DMC3 is next x.x.
What? You mean you didn't like shooting down infected tanks and helicopters? I can't believe it, you must be joking :p

The biggest only upside of playing DMC2 is that it makes you appreciate DMC3 that much more.

Dahbomb

I thought in over a decade I would see a game series go from being absolute garbage to top tier once again like Capcom pulled with DMC2/DMC3.

I think the closest to it was DA2 to DA:I.

If there was a top 10 list of games that came back in a strong way after a colossal failure... DMC2 -> DMC3 should top the list.

I get that but I think this is something DMC can adapt to its genre without actually going full Souls.

I guess you're right that I overlooked the "Arcadey" style of the franchise, but I feel like that's something the game can afford to move away from. Yes there would be some disappointment in the decision, but I think the benefits of a DMC that makes it fun to explore would outweigh keeping Th Arcadey system.

I think arcade-style score attacking is the entire point of the Style system, though.

I dunno, that's why I remain in favor of *no* level design and just having a series of totally enclosed (artistically beautiful and atmospheric) arenas and a ton of 60-240 second missions taking place in them. The fun part of DMC has never been running down a hallway; I can't see a major disadvantage to stripping it out altogether.

DMC5 should have more "stand on this platform while enemies spawn" levels. Bonus points for an instant death fall off the side.

Capcom if you're reading this, please don't take my advice.

Huh, just realized this from the TGS thread but this year is DMC's 15th anniversary and Capcom hasn't said anything about it.

At least RE series managed to get a logo for its anniversary...

DMC5 should have more "stand on this platform while enemies spawn" levels. Bonus points for an instant death fall off the side.

Capcom if you're reading this, please don't take my advice.
Haha I'd literally rather have that then the even worse thing where falling puts you into a closed battle you have to finish before climbing back up or teleporting out or whatever.

Only version of that I've seen that I actually *liked* is the battle with Nightmare in dmc1.

Kaztinka

Huh, just realized this from the TGS thread but this year is DMC's 15th anniversary and Capcom hasn't said anything about it.

You're really salty about RE aren't you?

latest

WE'RE ALL SALTY ABOUT IT TOO

Dahbomb

They should put out a DMC 15th Anniversary collection for PS4/XB1/PC.

DMC123 in HD + DMC4SE + DmC DE

You're really salty about RE aren't you?

latest

WE'RE ALL SALTY ABOUT IT TOO

I'm actually a RE fan as well. Just recently replayed and loved RE4's re-release on PS4. I'm just salty about how Capcom treats DMC in comparison to RE.

For its 15th anniversary RE got a collection box release on PS3 which included RE1-4 and Code Veronica. Yet here we are, it's DMC's 15th anniversary and Capcom hasn't even acknowledged it.

I know RE is the bigger series, but still.

They should put out a DMC 15th Anniversary collection for PS4/XB1/PC.

DMC123 in HD + DMC4SE + DmC DE

That would be great and I personally would actually buy that to have all the games on one system. But that also means that they'll have to port the HD collection to current gen consoles which is something that I don't see them bothering with.

I think at the very least they could do a trailer/interview with Itsuno for the anniversary with a little DMC5 tease at the end. Or have some sort of sale on DMC HD, DMC4SE and DmC:DE in order to celebrate/promote DMC series 15th anniversary. Though that would too logical for Capcom, so they'll probably do none of those.

But at the end of the day it's Capcom so we can't be sure about anything. Who knows, Devil May Logo.

I think we have to expect Capcom to completely ignore DMC until RE7 is out and about.
Yeah. RE's their biggest franchise right now (I think?) *and* the brand is kinda in crisis - they need to be really smart and focused on what the next game(s) will be like AND on how they're marketed.

Obviously DMC has also been a brand in crisis for a while now, but it makes sense that RE is more of an 'all hands on deck' situation following the negative reception RE6 got. Right the Biohazard boat before it loses its audience and then focus on getting DMC back on track.

That said, a DMC HD collection port to PS4 wouldn't make me mad. Especially since I could just digitally buy 1 and 3. I assume that the code is already fairly ready given the work done for the PS3 remaster. Capcom could even make some easy money including a $1.99 Super Dante unlock for each game or whatever. Make that free money and dump it into the DMC5 budget plz.

Dahbomb

Real tali time:

When would be an appropriate time to remake/reboot DMC?

I know this topic is pretty much taboo here with DmC and DMC5 in the future... but eventually there will be a point where we might be staring down an actual DMC reboot/remake.

Real tali time:

I know this topic is pretty much taboo here with DmC and DMC5 in the future... but eventually there will be a point where we might be staring down an actual DMC reboot/remake.
Honestly, with a sufficiently arcadey series I don't think it's ever strictly necessary. That *does* mean deemphasizing the story eventually, though. Think of the Megaman X series, where the story of each installment largely consists of "Sigma came back somehow and is doing the same shit."

But also, DMC3 and DMC4 were already both sort of trying to be soft reboots.

I think right now would be a good time.

Everybody knows that when it comes to story and world building those are some of the weakest parts of DMC, and a big reason for that is how the series constantly contradicts itself and makes plot holes (Sparda has been dead for a while... you know what? scratch that now he is missing. Vergil was captured by Mundus when he was a child... nah he lost to him after DMC3, etc etc)

I don't think the series needs a *reboot* in the way that DmC tried to drastically change the backstories with the whole Angel thingy that they had. I think what series needs is a proper retelling. They can keep the original series as the base but they need to iron out the plot holes and make some interesting backstory for characters and the world itself. It's not really that hard. Hell they can even do most of that in DMC5 if they are smart about it.

It's definitely true that the timeline is awfully vague. Dante's thirtysomething years old, but Sparda fell in love with Eva and saved the world and died a thousand years ago or something? What.

That said, trying to 'clarify' an intentionally fairly vague/simple backstory would likely just make things worse.

Dahbomb

They should remake the series but of course they should start with DMC3 as the first game in the new reboot. DMC1 probably can benefit the most with a remake, updated game play system with superior controls and cameras.

I am talking about after DMC5 here, maybe even after DMC6 depending on how DMC5 pans out.

TreIII

Would it really be necessary, though?

In a lot of respects, I agree with badcrumble on this aspect: ever since 2, DMC has always tried to reboot itself in reaction to some aspect that people found fault with in the previous game. The lowest hanging fruit would be to put DMC5 as the the proud return of classic Dante, even though it, too, would just be a reaction to DmC creating such a fuss.

But hey, if Itsuno really wanted to do a "reboot"? The only thing I would think would be necessary would be going back to the first game. Remake, remix and re-tell the story so that it flows better with Itsuno and co.'s entire anthology of Dante's life. Add in bonus chapters for Lady and Trish so that they have something to do and give Lady a reason to follow Dante there on the sneak tip. Tell an "after story" that shows what happened to Vergil after the final Nelo Angelo fight, and finally make Cursed!Vergil truly canon. Re-explore how well gothic-inspired spookiness can work with this series well. Revisit more classic enemies and bosses, and add a few more (plus Superbosses), if at all possible. Do away with fixed camera angles. Really make this a refreshing look at a classic.

And hey, anything that gives us a chance to go back to Alastor, Ifrit and whatever else Itsuno and co want to add on top would just be even better.

DMC1 is a classic, but I definitely would think it could benefit from a modern touch that could really help a) remind some people of why they loved this series in the first place and b) really help set the tone for a true "5th" game.

The only that would be lost if this kind of thing came to pass would be that Nero wouldn't be a big part of the story. But hey, maybe they can at least make him a Bloody Palace/EX character with no story, if nothing else.

Seyavesh

reboot when all the old cast is finally too old to do it, voicewise
that's the only term i will accept because literally every game but 1 and 2 are reboots
2 might as well be a reboot too considering it's an entirely different game with dmc pasted onto it near the end
like straight up we don't need a reboot, what we need is a real sequel

when they reboot it, i don't care what they do as long as the spirit of the series is kept alive and not on some FUCK YOU garbage
i assume a reboot would also go hand-in-hand with itsuno not making dmc anymore so yeah

the thing is, you don't need to adapt mechanics or change the pacing for an environment to be interesting- dmc1 and some of dmc3 are pretty good examples of making progression through levels interesting and fun.
the arcade style is literally the entire basis of the series and not understanding that gives you something that removes the heart and soul of the series.
that goal is how you get something more in line with what DmCDmC was attempting to do with their simplification of the game and linear platforming

i think what you really want is a really good campaign again and not something in the vein of dmc4's stale and linear levels.
a big reason why i think badcrumble's idea of a tiny amount of rooms wouldn't work is because that sense of progress is also vital to the series' formula- you get a really large amount of unique places alongside revisiting them in different contexts to change how you approach the encounter. dmc1/3 make such good use of this with the nighttime revisit and the trek back up the tower/little teleportation bits

Golnei

I don't really see how remakes would justify themselves given how the games are designed - ideally the games' stories should be subservient to the gameplay, and remaking prior games to produce a hybrid between the original design and later evolutions seems like an ill-fitting approach for the series. I'd much rather they keep porting the existing games to current systems with QoL touchups and minor graphical tweaks, while the main focus on the series continues to be on new installments. I'm not opposed to legacy bosses and weapons in new main series installments, but remaking entire games is a little limiting for the kind of series DMC is.

Mizerman

But hey, if Itsuno really wanted to do a "reboot"? The only thing I would think would be necessary would be going back to the first game. Remake, remix and re-tell the story so that it flows better with Itsuno and co.'s entire anthology of Dante's life. Add in bonus chapters for Lady and Trish so that they have something to do and give Lady a reason to follow Dante there on the sneak tip. Tell an "after story" that shows what happened to Vergil after the final Nelo Angelo fight, and finally make Cursed!Vergil truly canon. Re-explore how well gothic-inspired spookiness can work with this series well. Revisit more classic enemies and bosses, and add a few more (plus Superbosses), if at all possible. Do away with fixed camera angles. Really make this a refreshing look at a classic.

See, I would've loved a reboot like this.

I can see how a loving remake of the first game (kinda like REMake) would be good stuff and an opportunity to get it in line with the DMC3/4 canon while bringing in more modern iterations on the gameplay but I'm unsure that it'd require a real reboot of the series.

The stage is already pretty well set for DMC5 to have a Vergil rescue/redemption arc (and that'd obviously be an easy way to please the fans and get pretty much wholly positive hype) *and* for the future of the series to be about the whole crew hunting demons for fun and profit. They can kinda transition it away from a model where each game needs to feel like it makes a major impact on the story (one of several reasons DMC4's story kinda fell flat imo) and make it more of a further-adventures-of-these-fun-characters thing. If saving the world becomes a routine thing, it's okay to ham it up a bit and be self-aware about it. (And here I'm picturing a lot of the villains from One Punch Man.)

This series has been too inconsistent to even think about a reboot in the near future. Franchise already changed directors multiple times. Let's first have two consecutive great games before we or Capcom even think about changing stuff yet again.

And they need to just get rid of DMC2 from the timeline

TreIII

I can see how a loving remake of the first game (kinda like REMake) would be good stuff and an opportunity to get it in line with the DMC3/4 canon while bringing in more modern iterations on the gameplay but I'm unsure that it'd require a real reboot of the series.

The stage is already pretty well set for DMC5 to have a Vergil rescue/redemption arc (and that'd obviously be an easy way to please the fans and get pretty much wholly positive hype) *and* for the future of the series to be about the whole crew hunting demons for fun and profit.

The way I see it, it'd be just a nice way to give people a nice "reminder" of why the original series is so loved by remaking and remixing the original, while also giving new players a chance to dive in without telling them to hunt down the HD Collection and play the original game (and third one) if they wanted to see what the fuss was all about. As it is, a fifth DMC game is already going to have to work against the disadvantage of being a numbered sequel to a game that came out almost a decade ago, and also is not a sequel to the game that came out three years ago. Unless Capcom does an extraordinary job with marketing and/or Itsuno's crew goes above and beyond with making this game appeal to a new audience without ostracizing the established, the game will have some hurdles to overcome.

In an ideal setting, DMC would be pretty much like Sega's RGG/Yakuza series, in that you could have time to put out stylish remakes, side-games and prequels on alternating years from main line games. But since that's clearly not the case on this side, we'll have to make do with what we can get.

On that note...I wonder if marketing DMC more to China and other Asian regions would at all help DMC much like it did RGG/Yakuza. Every little bit may help! If you're bothering to give it a Japanese dub, you may as well think about Korean and Chinese localized versions, right?

Dahbomb

Yeah people forget how long DMC (especially the OG series) has been out of the conscience of the general gaming public.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot people knew of Dante and Vergil from MVC3 without actually playing the series at this point.

I think some of you guys misunderstood what I meant. A retelling not a remake. Like in DMC1 Dante beat the main big bad of the universe so they were forced with the whole "foolish human trying to capture Sparda's power" scenario cause he was literally the only more powerful being than Mundus in the original universe.

So, do a retelling and scratch that. Mundus was a powerful being but there were other ancient demons that their powers would far surpass those of Mundus and Sparda. Have a unique vision in regards to Sparda, his love for Eva and what happened to them and stick with it. Get rid of DMC2 all together, etc.

After they've done all of that, they can go back to DMC3. Revisit the series from that game and now do them in a way that is faithful to their new vision for the story and characters. Doing this won't really limit them on what they can with gameplay cause it's a retelling and they can have whatever they want in it as long as it's in line with their vision.

That said, trying to 'clarify' an intentionally fairly vague/simple backstory would likely just make things worse.
That shouldn't necessarily be the case though. First thing they need to do is to flesh out the DMC universe. Give it an actual past, a proper history. Then they can use that to introduce new characters and villains for Dante to fight and be challenged with, all the while expanding on the universe itself and moving story to an interesting direction.

As I've said, it really isn't that hard to do. Give me a week or two and probably even I can come up with a fine/interesting history for the world and I'm not even a writer.

Seyavesh

Yeah people forget how long DMC (especially the OG series) has been out of the conscience of the general gaming public.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot people knew of Dante and Vergil from MVC3 without actually playing the series at this point.

this weekend i ended up playing marvel with a kid and he was like 'oh hey it's dante and vergil from devil may cry!!' when he saw them on the character select screen

this kid was like maybe 9 years old max
as in he might've actually been born after dmc4's release

just a weird related anecdote because it was pretty bizarre to me

TreIII

That shouldn't necessarily be the case though. First thing they need to do is to flesh out the DMC universe. Give it an actual past, a proper history. Then they can use that to introduce new characters and villains for Dante to fight and be challenged with, all the while expanding on the universe itself and moving story to an interesting direction.

As I've said, it really isn't that hard to do. Give me a week or two and probably even I can come up with a fine/interesting history for the world and I'm not even a writer.

What I think badcrumble is getting at is just something we've discussed on here before: you really can't hope to expand on the DMC expanded universe and lore until you do something more with Sparda (and Eva). And up to now, both of those characters really only worked in Kamiya and Itsuno's works because details on them have remained vague on purpose.

But if you want to throw off the veil, how do you do it? Go with the Sparda prequel idea that several proposed? Bring back Sparda into the current day plot somehow, so that we finally get the truth on just what kind of man he is (and maybe get a good fight between him and his sons/grandson)? Either way, special care would have to be taken, because once the mystique is taken away from Sparda, you can't put it back. The one good thing about DmC's attempts is that we can handwave it as taking place solely in that universe, but even that much hurts to think about what they did to both of those characters, and why there's likely so much at stake if Itsuno and crew were to ever visit their own version of the character.

Really, I think the main problem is that I wish that DMC had more outlets to tell stories and expand on the lore without having to try and do everything in the games. RE's gotten stage plays, manga, novels, radio dramas, CG films, Wesker Report-style write-ups, plus the in-game lore entries, which do more to feed into those who want to soak up the lore. But things of that nature for DMC dried up rather quickly after the fourth game.

Even BASARA, as much "story" exists in those titles, has done a decent job of maintaining the lore in this way (manga, few animated adaptations, radio dramas, etc). And that series gets even worse in the way of budget and overall treatment than DMC does, so I can only hope DMC would get its due once it really does come back.

Well, I think giving a history to the world itself can even help with Sparda's characterization and where/why he went away after coming to human world. What if he realized that there is even a bigger threat to the human world than Mundus and demons? What if he went away to neutralize that threat?

I actually have an interesting
or at least I think it is interesting :)
backstory in mind that can explain a few of things about past DMCs while it introduces new big threats to the world for Dante and co to fight against. But writing that down with all the details I have in mind would take a while so I'm being a little bit lazy. (and with my English I'll probably have to edit it at least half dozen times until I can post it, so that even discourages me more)

Basically I think that the place we saw in DMC3/DMC1 shouldn't be the actual demon world and it should be something like a border between the two worlds, called Purgatory.

I already have an idea on why and how the Purgatory was made, why is it so messy/chaotic and why there is such a thing between demon and human world in the first place. I even have an idea demon and human world came to be and why demons try to conquer human world.

That's why I say adding interesting lore and history to DMC's universe wouldn't be that hard. Cause if I can come up with something like this, then it should be much easier for actual writers to do a much better backstory for the series.

Dahbomb

this weekend i ended up playing marvel with a kid and he was like 'oh hey it's dante and vergil from devil may cry!!' when he saw them on the character select screen

this kid was like maybe 9 years old max
as in he might've actually been born after dmc4's release

just a weird related anecdote because it was pretty bizarre to me
Damn I feel old son.

And yeah I have been there too. My younger cousin knows about Dante but has never played a DMC game (well her mom doesn't let her play M rated games).

Like this is what I am saying... these characters at this point are more gaming cultural icons than actual characters people played with back in the PS2 days. While it's way too early to say it.. they are reaching MM level of status (provided we don't see a new DMC game soon).

Jawmuncher

I'm actually a RE fan as well. Just recently replayed and loved RE4's re-release on PS4. I'm just salty about how Capcom treats DMC in comparison to RE.

For its 15th anniversary RE got a collection box release on PS3 which included RE1-4 and Code Veronica. Yet here we are, it's DMC's 15th anniversary and Capcom hasn't even acknowledged it.

I know RE is the bigger series, but still.

At least there's a DMC social account, crossovers, and such so the series exists in the public conscience. Unlike Dino Crisis where it isn't even mentioned ever. They haven't mentioned it since the 5th anniversary officially and the last time capcom used it themselves was in Dead Rising 3 DLC. Though that's besides the point. I have a good feeling about DMC at PSX and i'm betting it'll use the RE engine. Since that supposedly prioritizes 60FPS, which seems like a important thing for DMC to have. I feel like capcom want's to bring up the anniversary with a reveal.

Makes sense to me to Show a teaser of DMC5, show up the DMC 15 anniversary logo, and then as was said earlier get a PC and PS4/XB1 rerelease of all the games again to buy some time until 5 actually comes out. Since even with RE7 being their big boat atm, we know they're finally getting back into the console space with big titles again. Would like to add that I'd like to see a skin for DmC dante in the game. I know that series is more than likely dead and buried, but I don't think there's any reason to sweep it under the rug as having never existed. Since it does have it's fans.

Also when are you all just going to make a DMC Community thread? Squatting in the DMC4 thread is just odd.

At least there's a DMC social account, crossovers, and such so the series exists in the public conscience. Unlike Dino Crisis where it isn't even mentioned ever. They haven't mentioned it since the 5th anniversary officially and the last time capcom used it themselves was in Dead Rising 3 DLC. Though that's besides the point. I have a good feeling about DMC at PSX and i'm betting it'll use the RE engine. Since that supposedly prioritizes 60FPS, which seems like a important thing for DMC to have. I feel like capcom want's to bring up the anniversary with a reveal.

Makes sense to me to Show a teaser of DMC5, show up the DMC 15 anniversary logo, and then as was said earlier get a PC and PS4/XB1 rerelease of all the games again to buy some time until 5 actually comes out. Since even with RE7 being their big boat atm, we know they're finally getting back into the console space with big titles again. Would like to add that I'd like to see a skin for DmC dante in the game. I know that series is more than likely dead and buried, but I don't think there's any reason to sweep it under the rug as having never existed. Since it does have it's fans.

Also when are you all just going to make a DMC Community thread? Squatting in the DMC4 thread is just odd.

I'm sorry Jaw but Dino has been dead for while just like Onimusha, Rival Schools and other Capcom titles. You would at least expect them acknowledge 15th anniversary of one of their best selling series that they even listed in their financial reports.

Also, I kinda agree with you on PSX thingy but at the same time I don't want it to be true. Besides the SFV announcement which happened in the first year of that event, every other title being announced/confirmed there have been relatively niche. So for Capcom to announce DMC5 at that event is pretty much them confirming that they are treating it as a niche title and we shouldn't expect much from it.

I know the series isn't big enough for E3 anymore, but still. Capcom has to treat it as a bigger series than truly niche stuff like Yakuza and indie stuff that are at the center of attention in PSX.

Jawmuncher

I'm sorry Jaw but Dino has been dead for while just like Onimusha, Rival Schools and other Capcom titles. You would at least expect them acknowledge 15th anniversary of one of their best selling series that they even listed in their financial reports.

Also, I kinda agree with you on PSX thingy but at the same time I don't want it to be true. Besides the SFV announcement which happened in the first year of that event, every other title being announced/confirmed there have been relatively niche. So for Capcom to announce DMC5 at that event is pretty much them confirming that they are treating it as a niche title and we shouldn't expect much from it.

I know the series isn't big enough for E3 anymore, but still. Capcom has to treat it as a bigger series than truly niche stuff like Yakuza and indie stuff that are at the center of attention in PSX.

Never really thought of PSX like that, but I see what you mean. Well I guess we can hope for TGS then.
Also Dino Crisis will never be dead to me.

Dahbomb

How hyped would you get if Capcom shows off the DMC 15 Anniversary logo... and then the 1 slowly disappears and we are left with just DMC5....

Man Capcom should just hire me with these brilliant plans.

Always enjoy watching TGS since its at a decent time here in the UK compared to E3 which is always at a ridiculous time.

It would make a lot of sense to acknowledge DMC's anniversary, it would kind of imply that a new DMC is in the works and would make way for current gen remasters as others have already said. It'd build hype and get people invested into the series in the run up to 5.

Real tali time:

Devil May Cry would have to go for more than one entry without Capcom feeling the need to cash in/shake things up to necessitate a reboot. DMC 2 is an infamous example of how not to make a sequel, DMC 3 is a soft reboot and is a famous example of how to rescue a franchise from the clutches of death, DMC 4 tries to shake thing up by introducing a new protagonist and has the infamous backtracking/gimmick sections in the game but still has the best combat system out there, and DmC is a full reboot that was highly controversial. If we do get DMC 5, chances are DMC 6 will be yet another attempt to shake things up despite just getting back.

As much as I've been trying to be rational to make sure I don't get disappointed, I can't help but believe.

This shit gotta go down this week right? RIGHT?!?!?

TreIII

How hyped would you get if Capcom shows off the DMC 15 Anniversary logo... and then the 1 slowly disappears and we are left with just DMC5....

Nah. If anything, the "One" should just turn into a Sword (Rebellion, or even better, Alastor!) that Dante's grabs from off-screen, along with Ebony and Ivory.

You then hear Reuben Langdon's voice say: "Time to go back to work, guys...Vergil's waiting for us."

Devil May Cry 5

Coming Soon

Nah. If anything, the "One" should just turn into a Sword (Rebellion, or even better, Alastor!) that Dante's grabs from off-screen, along with Ebony and Ivory.

You then hear Reuben Langdon's voice say: "Time to go back to work, guys...Vergil's waiting for us."

Devil May Cry 5

Coming Soon

I would stick with a rehash of DMC1's line: "Time to go to work guys"

Never really thought of PSX like that, but I see what you mean. Well I guess we can hope for TGS then.
Also Dino Crisis will never be dead to me.
Sorry man, I know it won't. Hopefully someday people at Capcom come to their senses and bring DC back along with the Onimusha series.

I think I would literally scream if that was to happen. I almost did it when Yakuza 5 localization was announced a couple of years back.

Fun fact about the Y5 announcement: my brother and cousin were in another room when that happened and they say they could hear very loud laughter and the sound of the palm of my hands being slammed on my computer desk at least a half dozen times when that happened. I think my brother even rushed into the room to check on me, lol.
Of course all I remember is that for a minute or two I was really overwhelmed with the feeling of joy and relief.

OniBaka

Just like how they got creative with RE7 logo.
that logo pissed me off when it was revealed

Top Bottom