• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

As long as the next antagonist isn't another human vying for the power of Sparda, we're on the right track.

I'm an advocate of having an old god from before Mundus who can possess a human like form - someone powerful and charismatic.

The foil can make or break a game. They need to not only create a villain, but a truly marketable character.
As much as Shin Onimusha kinda ruined the gameplay of its franchise, the way it handled its villain in terms of characterization and design was great, although
he turned out not to be a truly new villain

I think if DmC hadn't happened, DMC5 could've gotten one more game of mileage out of Mundus (essentially by saying he's much much stronger in his own realm) but that's likely off the table now.

EquatorialConfusedAmphibian.gif

Vergil is living vicariously through other characters.

Sesha

I'm getting so thirsty for DMC5 that I'm designing new bosses. Well, I have done that before, but now I've taken a step further by planning the AI. I've basically done everything short of actually modelling, coding and animating the damn things. Guess it won't be long until I start trying to do that as well.

EquatorialConfusedAmphibian.gif

Vergil is living vicariously through other characters.

What is that? A new indie game?

BadWolf

Slightly OT but the last time I saw series sales for Dragons Dogma it was at about 2.2 million, it's now at 2.9 million (after the PC port).

Would probably have been well over 3 million by now if Capcom ported it to PS4/X1 as well.

What is that? A new indie game?

Kinda looks like Noctis from FFXV?

He has been giving me Vergil vibes since the re-reveal.

Sesha

Slightly OT but the last time I saw series sales for Dragons Dogma it was at about 2.2 million, it's now at 2.9 million (after the PC port).

Would probably have been well over 3 million by now if Capcom ported it to PS4/X1 as well.

According to Steamspy the PC port has 430k owners. It's probably very close to breaking 3m, if it hasn't already.

If Capcom were smart they'd put DMC HD Collection on Steam as well. They're missing out on a bunch of money because of the broken port as most people either stay away or get refunds.

Kinda looks like Noctis from FFXV?

He has been giving me Vergil vibes since the re-reveal.

It's Noctis from Final Fantasy XV.

:p

Dahbomb

Entire DMC HD collection should be on PS4/XB1/PC already. It might be in the works and they are just waiting to unleash DMC5 on us alongside.

Though that might be giving Capcom too much credit.

Sesha

It's worth noting though, that they've either announced or released remasters before following up with a new major title. RE HD released and RE 0 HD announced before RE2make, RE456 announced and two of them released before RE7 was announced, and they announced the Dead Rising remasters shortly after DR4 was revealed at E3. There's also SB4 Sumeragi which released a few months before Sanada Yukimuda-den was announced, and MH4U which came out a few months before MHX/Generations. It doesn't necessarily mean that a current gen + PC release of DMC HD Collection will follow or precede DMC5's announcement, but I think there is a good chance of such an announcement.

Anyway they're quickly running out of games that are financially worthwhile to remaster. They might as well do it.

IMO they should announce the HD collection for current gen consoles with a little teaser of 5 (nothing too obvious) at PSX.

It's series 15th anniversary. They gotta give us something.

IMO they should announce the HD collection for current gen consoles with a little teaser of 5 (nothing too obvious) at PSX.

It's series 15th anniversary. They gotta give us something.

You know its things like these that make me super hyped because there is the tiniest possibility that it can happen but then our logical brain kicks in and let us know that this is Capcom.

Thanks for the disappointment Son of Sparda lol

It's worth noting though, that they've either announced or released remasters before following up with a new major title. RE HD released and RE 0 HD announced before RE2make, RE456 announced and two of them released before RE7 was announced, and they announced the Dead Rising remasters shortly after DR4 was revealed at E3. There's also SB4 Sumeragi which released a few months before Sanada Yukimuda-den was announced, and MH4U which came out a few months before MHX/Generations. It doesn't necessarily mean that a current gen + PC release of DMC HD Collection will follow or precede DMC5's announcement, but I think there is a good chance of such an announcement.

Anyway they're quickly running out of games that are financially worthwhile to remaster. They might as well do it.

Ehh we already got remasters last year and those added a lot of new content. Itsuno clearly said that DMC4SE should be a sign that 5 is coming and the way he worded it made it seemed like they just put it out because it was going to be awhile before we see it. This wait is just killing us. I just want them to announce it at PSX and say we'll show more at E3 just so we can have our moment finally.

Dahbomb

Made this and posted it in the "what I expected/got" thread on GAF:

keepcalm.jpg

I feel this is pretty accurate. I should honestly have a Phoenix symbol in there but that's way too deep right there.

I might make one for DMC1 too.

Sesha

Let's get our tinfoil hat on. He wrote Devils May Cry. S looks like 5. DMC5 confirmed, and it's either called Devil May Cry 5 or Devils May Cry, reminiscent of Silent Hills' naming scheme. We're through the looking glass here, people. #Believe

TreIII

To expand on what I said in the other topic...

Nolan North being the voice of another new DMC character (or even Dante, himself, if Reuben somehow couldn't, or wouldn't reprise his vocal role) would make perfect sense. He's no stranger to mocap, as well, so he could probably keep up with JYB, Dan and Reuben well enough.

That said, not expecting anything major at PSX. Unless Capcom really felt comfortable finally showing more of what they got in store. By that time, RE7 would be coming out in a month, and we got no other hints of what else Capcom has in store that could be working on.

Mizerman

https://twitter.com/nolan_north/status/786145905212846080

Hmmm
Why bring it up now, huh?
THIS MUST BE A SIGN!

Heh. I wouldn't mind if Nolan North had a role in DMC. He's a good VA.

Let's get our tinfoil hat on. He wrote Devils May Cry. S looks like 5. DMC5 confirmed, and it's either called Devil May Cry 5 or Devils May Cry, reminiscent of Silent Hills' naming scheme. We're through the looking glass here, people. #Believe

...Now I want a future DMC title as Devils May Cry.

TreIII

Very very curious. Nolan North is such a foundational voice actor in the industry, I'd be surprised if he was leaking something, but I'd love to see him as a new character in DMC (maybe as that likeable antagonist?).

Fanfic time~!

Itsuno and the DMC crew got such a kick out of Deadpool acting opposite Dante in MvC3, that they wanted to make their "own" Deadpool-like character that could be a permanent addition into the DMC-verse.

Let's get a rival that could beat up our character with our own Style Meter!

Fanfic time~!

Itsuno and the DMC crew got such a kick out of Deadpool acting opposite Dante in MvC3, that they wanted to make their "own" Deadpool-like character that could be a permanent addition into the DMC-verse.

Let's get a rival that could beat up our character with our own Style Meter!

A Deadpool like antagonist makes too much sense. Dante likes to talk shit. Deadpool likes to talk shit. Let them go at each other.

Clawww

A Deadpool like antagonist makes too much sense. Dante likes to talk shit. Deadpool likes to talk shit. Let them go at each other.

I like the idea of someone one-upping Dante by actually being batshit crazy. Even better if he or she is caught up in the demon-slaying business for personal gain instead of daddy issues.

I have actually seen this movie.

I want to see what gifs people have conjured up for when DMC5 is actually revealed.
Yeah, Mohabbatein. It's a good one.

I actually haven't made one for that myself. I have a few but they are just other people works that has been put here before. Like this one:
HR14X49.gif

I thought that gif was used for profound sadness, like when DMC5 is NOT revealed at E3.

It can be used in that situation, but think about it. After damn near a decade long absence, Dante and friends are back and the game is as over the top as ever. People should be crying tears of joy, catching the holy ghost, etc.

Dahbomb

Are we seriously hyping a bad twitter joke from an VA who has never been associated with the series?
Well the fact that the person has never been associated with DMC but is associated with gaming in general making a cheeky joke about the series... it's not too farfetched to put 2 and 2 together.

At the very least someone like North is putting the DMC name out there. That's still a net positive even if he has nothing to do with DMC5.

I thought that gif was used for profound sadness, like when DMC5 is NOT revealed at E3.
Well, Jason said it. After nearly a decade, DMC5's announcement will surely be emotional. And no one captures emotions like Jensen Ackles.

RBv6GmE.gif

Alternatively this will be pretty good as well. Even has the pizza in it lol

8JoVv6j.gif

Sesha

One thing about Nolan North's twitter post is that DMC1's 15th anniversary in the US is in three days. It's probably just coincidental, but the timing is suspicious.

I have actually seen this movie.

I want to see what gifs people have conjured up for when DMC5 is actually revealed.

We have the one of Vergil DJing a rave, at least.

I think the most we'd likely get for the 15th anniversary with so little fanfare leading up to anything would be an announcement of the DMC123HD collection getting ported to PS4/XBO/Steam. Which would be fucking great, don't get me wrong. I just don't see a new game announcement popping out of nowhere.

TreIII

I think the most we'd likely get for the 15th anniversary with so little fanfare leading up to anything would be an announcement of the DMC123HD collection getting ported to PS4/XBO/Steam. Which would be fucking great, don't get me wrong. I just don't see a new game announcement popping out of nowhere.

Point, but I'm open to other possibilities, on the same token.

DMC is one of those Capcom franchises that I would imagine, at this point, they could drop an announcement at anytime, and they would be able to control the narrative as much as they so desire.

The only sad thing is that there's currently no fan expos for DMC, like some other Capcom brands like MonHun and BASARA have in Japan. Assuming the series is due for a comeback in the near future, I wonder if that would change. It'd be the perfect venue for Style Tournament showcases and the like!

Son Of Sparda just wanted a logo! Just give us a logo Capcom!

Son Of Sparda just wanted a logo! Just give us a logo Capcom!

Hahaha. Yeah, I'm still bitter about that RE logo xD Though to be fair, that would be 15th anniversary logo for the whole series and not the one form DMC5.

Anyway, I don't think anyone actually expects to see anything in PSX/15th anniversary. I mean, yeah. We do #Believe and gifs and all that, but I don't think any of us really expects new announcements to come out of PSX or that Nolan tweet.

Top Bottom