• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Seyavesh

i keep running into a problem in my play where i just keep doing filler w/ trish, like i'm not actually sure with what to proceed with b/c of her lack of general variety in options, especially in the air

i think both of these combos have a good premise (there's no sound in the vid) but get hampered by having a ton of filler in 'em.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvvVJdRALcA

any ideas on how to get around that kinda block? it's really driving me nuts

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Seems like DMC4SE fell off the Media Create and Famitsu Japanese sales charts for this week, unfortunately. Doesn't mean it isn't selling at all, but it would have to have sold less than 1562 in the past week.

Seems like DMC4SE fell off the Media Create and Famitsu Japanese sales charts for this week, unfortunately. Doesn't mean it isn't selling at all, but it would have to have sold less than 1562 in the past week.

Sales for DMC4 have been fantastic. Taking into consideration unknown digital sales, it's the best selling re-release outside of REmakeHD and DMC3:Special Edition which both sold over a million. DMC4 will likely easily break 500,000.

Capcom is doing a investor relations conference july 30th, they'll likely have updates to the sale of DmC:DE and DMC4:SE

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sales for DMC4 have been fantastic. Taking into consideration unknown digital sales, it's the best selling re-release outside of REmakeHD and DMC3:Special Edition which both sold over a million. DMC4 will likely easily break 500,000.

Capcom is doing a investor relations conference july 30th, they'll likely have updates to the sale of DmC:DE and DMC4:SE

Sales for DMC4 or DMC4SE? We all know DMC4 is a top selling platinum title for Capcom. Nothing can change that 3 million milestone. And I don't doubt that DMC4SE is doing just fine, I just didn't know if you were aware of any specific numbers or statements.

This is where I ask for tips for getting the SSS rank on Credo. He's just being a hassle for me. I've killed him with SS ranks three times now.

It's not to hard. Easiest way is to just use Lady and spam lvl 3 charge Handgun shots and double jump out if he charges towards you. It will keep the style meter going. If you get hit your style meter will go back down to B, so if he has less than half health you might have to restart. You can use this strat for Dante too, except to hit him double jump and shoot your shot at maximum height and 9/10 times he will get hit, unless he is in Royal Guard.

Also I'm going to ask my question from the last page again cause no one answered it and I feel the vets would know.
Are Dante's combo's predetermined or are they randomly generated given the situation. I know you can cheese him but he did the most ridiculous combo to me in BP and killed me by taking nearly half my health off. I have never seen him do it before.

Akiller

Pic from the conference:

060a4905d5.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Is it just me or do they keep delaying Devil May Cry 3142? It's now listed as January 2016.

They do. Or they have. We talked about this on one of the previous pages. The odd thing is, we know they have copies available. They were selling some at a recent convention to get signed by Kobayashi, so if I may wildly speculate, maybe they're holding off on opening pre-orders until there's an announcement of some sort.

Are Dante's combo's predetermined or are they randomly generated given the situation. I know you can cheese him but he did the most ridiculous combo to me in BP and killed me by taking nearly half my health off. I have never seen him do it before.

I don't know what the answer is, but what was the combo? It might help to determine if Dante could coincidentally string those moves together.

I don't know what the answer is, but what was the combo? It might help to determine if Dante could coincidentally string those moves together.

It was something like Gilgamesh Combo (Can't remember the name of it) > Rebellion Combo 2 > Launcher > Grounded Pistol Shots > Rebellion Aerial Rave > Shot Gun blast > Gilgamesh swords pop > Pandora Laser.

It seemed to work a little too perfectly.

Seyavesh

This is where I ask for tips for getting the SSS rank on Credo. He's just being a hassle for me. I've killed him with SS ranks three times now.

pick vergil-> throw round trip
do anything
buffer round trip again, repeat until he's dead

just throw round trip and stand there even for free ranks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYbuF65__ZI#t=20s

also no ideas on gettin' rid of 'filler' in combos? i guess there's a point to where you gotta determine what is filler and what is real so that's subjective? idk

Dahbomb

I think not having to distribute the game at retail for a majority of places allowed them to cut the cost of the game and gain maximum profit from its budget.

I still don't like it but if it gets us a better DMC5 then just bring it already!

In case you haven't heard, the trainer for the PC version has been updated to allow Trick Up and Trick Down to be used in human form, along with some other nice additions. Here's my video on it.

https://youtu.be/hIyK2bqkf5E

Since there's no leaderboards or online functionality in the PC version at all, there's no reason to not try it out if you're bored with the game or just want to play it differently.

nemisis0

I got the asian disc version and playing it on a japanese PS4. The question is the in game text is in japanese when you pick up the orbs the first time and the move list in the shop and when I select subtitles on its only in japanese. The voice acting has both japanese and English with a mix of English and japanese menu text. Where is my option for english subtitles and English in game text as I don't see it in the options screen.

gunbo13

In case you haven't heard, the trainer for the PC version has been updated to allow Trick Up and Trick Down to be used in human form, along with some other nice additions.
Thanks for this. This is super useful and from a training standpoint I totally get it. The previous trainer AFAIK did not have an easy "infinite DT" switch. It still depletes with Vergil. This allows you to practice trick movement without having to fumble around too much.

I'll certainly be turning this on.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DMC HD Collection sold 1 million.

Yooooooooo. Age of DMC. It's comin!

I got the asian disc version and playing it on a japanese PS4. The question is the in game text is in japanese when you pick up the orbs the first time and the move list in the shop and when I select subtitles on its only in japanese. The voice acting has both japanese and English with a mix of English and japanese menu text. Where is my option for english subtitles and English in game text as I don't see it in the options screen.

Change your PS4 's system language to English (US) not UK.

Seyavesh

Thanks for this. This is super useful and from a training standpoint I totally get it. The previous trainer AFAIK did not have an easy "infinite DT" switch. It still depletes with Vergil. This allows you to practice trick movement without having to fumble around too much.

I'll certainly be turning this on.

that got fixed a lil bit back alongside adding a buncha silly shit such as
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXcCt7dCWKg

(this is also what vergil means when he needs more power)

hydris (the dude who makes the cheatengine table) is apparently also workin' on possibly making the teleports mapped to the dpad for maximum control

Seyavesh

yo what the heck is happening in this combo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40g-1w5y9-c#t=31s

did he get the spiral sword surrounding the enemy to pull 'em to vergil...?

edit:
is there like a hub for advanced play discussion? or is it just like pretty nebulous vids and whatnot
just realized that reverse roundtrip as trish causes her to just throw it at nothing, it's mad weird- you can't actually reverse it, but instead the round trip totally ignores any target and zooms off and back to trish as if there were no enemies

Astral

Holy shit do I make Vergil look bad. How do I fight Angelos with him? I always die against Berial with him in Bloody Palace too. I suck.

Holy shit do I make Vergil look bad. How do I fight Angelos with him? I always die against Berial with him in Bloody Palace too. I suck.

For Angelos use rapid slash and cancel with trick to get behind them and go to town. For Berial you can cheese the shit out of him of you have concentration and meter. Right at the the beginning of the fight teleport and charge up dragon breaker. During the charge, hit him with sword rain to keep him stunned. Distort the second hit of dragon breaker. This should do about 50%. Rinse and repeat.

Having not played through this game since originally playing through 80-90% of it on 360, I honestly can't believe how much better the PC version looks. I remember DMC4 looking kind of good and bad at the same time on the 360.

I haven't touched the extra characters but so far I am just breezing through this game, I remember having so much more trouble playing it properly back then. Maybe I'm getting better at character action games in my old age.

Overall, it's mechanically the best in the series but I still love DMC3 way more and the story is even worse than I remembered.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
edit:
is there like a hub for advanced play discussion? or is it just like pretty nebulous vids and whatnot
just realized that reverse roundtrip as trish causes her to just throw it at nothing, it's mad weird- you can't actually reverse it, but instead the round trip totally ignores any target and zooms off and back to trish as if there were no enemies

Maybe either 4chan Cuhrazee General or PhantomBabies.net.

That reverse roundtrip makes perfect sense to me. If you use roundtrip when there aren't any enemies around, it'll go off, hit a wall, and return to Trish. Reverse attacks in general are simply non-locked on attacks, and so roundtrip would also behave in this fashion.

Seyavesh

Maybe either 4chan Cuhrazee General or PhantomBabies.net.

That reverse roundtrip makes perfect sense to me. If you use roundtrip when there aren't any enemies around, it'll go off, hit a wall, and return to Trish. Reverse attacks in general are simply non-locked on attacks, and so roundtrip would also behave in this fashion.

hm, takin' a look at those places and not really feelin' it
oh well, guess i'll stick to here and post my dumb vids here

yeah, the reverse roundtrip makes sense in that manner but it's bizarre that you can't freethrow it in any direction- reversing it still causes trish to throw the thing at the enemy, it's a shame bc that means you can't get weirdo combos where you throw it and do bareknuckle c/d near the wall

i also discovered that trish's roundtrip return is like the only move of hers that carries inertia over that isn't a straight cancel like her lunar phase->pandora rocket one is so i guess there's something to spice up air combos
unfortunately it's just her floatin away so it doesn't even look cool. divekick->return gets you a really strong amount of intertia

Golnei

I threw together an Alucard texture; in case anyone happened to feel their game was unacceptably lacking in erotic violence.

4alu10vxtl.png
4alu2j4yz8.png

I kind of wish Capcom had included more Kyrie costumes, like how Lady's outfit changed in DMC3 based on Dante's costume.

They would have mostly been a waste, regardless of version - the original game could have used alternate costumes for the playable characters far more; and even in SE; I'd easily choose giving Corrupt Vergil his own DT over a second Kyrie outfit. Though it might have been a cute, low-cost idea to give the supporting cast (and/or bosses?) palette swaps when using a corresponding character's alternate costumes.

DMC HD Collection sold 1 million.

Hopefully that gives them an incentive to port it to every platform imaginable, like RE4's remaster - a decent non-emulated version of 1 and 3 would be nice to have on PC.

Top Bottom