• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

cjkeats

BestBuy.ca is telling me that my local retailers already have it? Have any Canadians already picked this up? I feel like the website has let me down before.

Mine says it's not. I'd say go check it out, but they still might not sell it. I almost got Gravity Rush early until the POS told him it wasn't out yet.

cj_iwakura

One more batch.

mYoNjcw.png
8XYRDUf.png
uQRYsUT.png
DGc0Hdp.png
EVVB7O8.png

hsqkrxc.png
uiFLFD8.png
yUjG5O4.png
dbxVK3q.png
Zdj6aKC.png

BI07lxH.png
79sL4vz.png
tT21V3J.png
MrE9xhC.png

Sorry, didn't have very high res for the shopkeeps.

cj_iwakura

omggggg it's so close.

Bizarre in a good way? Frankly, the story in Persona 4 was quite bizarre but it didn't stop it from being engaging and at times quite somber.

It's certainly unique. And yeah, I'd say so. It's sort of like P4 in that each segment of the plot focuses around a key character.

Another random question that just popped into my head. Does this game have save point or can you save at anytime? That's kind of a pet peeve of mine, especially when it comes to portable games. Because of this thread I've been trying to finish up my play through of SJ and I forgot how annoying it was to only be able to save at save points.

I realize that some of that is due to it's dungeon crawler nature, but still I enjoy being able to stop the game at any point and save my progress. Granted I realize I could close the lid and put the 3DS in it's sleep mode and, at least with SH being a 3DS game, still have the benefits of Street Pass / Coins from walking. With SJ I can't do the same.

Also it's different in my mind when it comes to the Vita's suspend function. Playing through P4G I had no problems with it having save points because the Vita has a much more robust suspend option than the 3DS does in my mind.

Argh. Friggin' Frys. (And of course as I type this there's a Fry's AD right above).

So I had Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Soul Hackers pre-ordered from Frys as part of a week long special Frys had running in February. Well, I ended up cancelling my preorder for MH3U as they didn't have them in stock to ship out on pre-order day and I didn't want to wait potentially a couple of weeks and ended up getting it elsewhere on release day.

At the time I thought about cancelling my pre-order for Soul Hackers too but I figured with the game being released an entire month after MH3U, Frys was bound to receive plenty of shipment to meet preorder demand for something they themselves advertised in February right? RIGHT???

Well, apparently not. And they can't commit now to even getting the game at all (and it is now mysteriously not searchable on their online store). So I ended up cancelling the Frys pre-order and ordering from NewEgg instead (mainly because Texas is now one of the states that makes Amazon pay sales tax on purchases - why?).

So I may be a couple of days late getting this but for anyone else who may have pre-ordered through Frys may want to cancel and order somewhere else. Don't think I'm ever going to pre-order from Frys again - the whole experience felt too much like a bait & switch to me.

EDIT: GREAT great OT by the way! It is making me even more excited for this release (if that is even possible).

Artemisia

Banned
Argh. Friggin' Frys. (And of course as I type this there's a Fry's AD right above).

So I had Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Soul Hackers pre-ordered from Frys as part of a week long special Frys had running in February. Well, I ended up cancelling my preorder for MH3U as they didn't have them in stock to ship out on pre-order day and I didn't want to wait potentially a couple of weeks and ended up getting it elsewhere on release day.

At the time I thought about cancelling my pre-order for Soul Hackers too but I figured with the game being released an entire month after MH3U, Frys was bound to receive plenty of shipment to meet preorder demand for something they themselves advertised in February right? RIGHT???

Well, apparently not. And they can't commit now to even getting the game at all (and it is now mysteriously not searchable on their online store). So I ended up cancelling the Frys pre-order and ordering from NewEgg instead (mainly because Texas is now one of the states that makes Amazon pay sales tax on purchases - why?).

So I may be a couple of days late getting this but for anyone else who may have pre-ordered through Frys may want to cancel and order somewhere else. Don't think I'm ever going to pre-order from Frys again - the whole experience felt too much like a bait & switch to me.

EDIT: GREAT great OT by the way! It is making me even more excited for this release (if that is even possible).

oop

If you order from amazon within 2 hours and choose free two day shipping you can get it on release day.

oop

If you order from amazon within 2 hours and choose free two day shipping you can get it on release day.

But then I get to pay sales tax, and if I did that then I might as well just pick it up on release day from a brick & mortar store nearby and I will then feel like I'm rewarding the Texas legislature for suing Amazon for their greed. And yes I do realize I'm probably wierd and its only a few dollars. :)

But its cool - I have a backlog I'm trying to finish up for Soul Hackers (P4G!) so waiting a couple of days more after release won't kill me. Thanks for the tip though!

EDIT: Ultimately the whole thing is silly and many retailers who sell on the Amazon marketplace don't charge for sales tax so its only certain items sold specifically by Amazon. All that the great state of Texas did was to simply reward Amazon's competitors with this move. Makes no sense to me to have individual online businesses charging sales tax where others are not required. Anyway, enough out of me on this as it may derail this thread more - I mostly wanted to warn anyone reading that may have pre-ordered through Fry's to reevaluate their decision and possibly look into pre-ordering elsewhere.

Tiktaalik

BestBuy.ca is telling me that my local retailers already have it? Have any Canadians already picked this up? I feel like the website has let me down before.

Yeah they didn't have it in stock (on the shelves) even though their website still says it's "in stock." Welp! They pointed out the release date on the website when I mentioned their site said it was in stock. Fix your website best buy. Don't be such a tease!

cjkeats

Yeah they didn't have it in stock (on the shelves) even though their website still says it's "in stock." Welp! They pointed out the release date on the website when I mentioned their site said it was in stock. Fix your website best buy. Don't be such a tease!

Should've tried an instore pickup if the site would let you. I've heard of that working sometimes. Like the Wii U guy.

CSX

Wait so they wont even get the game??!! Did you call them about that?

Wait so they wont even get the game??!! Did you call them about that?

EDIT: I'm not saying they aren't getting the game but I am simply suspicious that it would be a long wait (as in weeks) for them to finally decide to ship it, and I was afraid they might end up cancelling anyway, plus I wanted to make sure I got the pre-order goodies and I want the game soon after release.
EDIT2: Don't take my word on it but if you pre-ordered from them I would definitely recommend you look into this. Good luck.

I called them to cancel my order but did not ask about whether they were receiving them or not because by that time I decided to go with NewEgg instead due to these reasons:

1) My order shows up as "Back ordered" meaning that they haven't received stock yet (my understanding anyway). My MH3U order showed up as "Back ordered" up until the day before release and when I called on the day before release customer service said they didn't have any in stock and couldn't tell me when they would receive them. I was told that it should show up as "Pre ordered" or something other than "Back ordered" if they have them in stock and will be shipping them out.

2) The 3DS Soul Hackers game no longer shows up anywhere on the frys.com website.

3) I had received an email on March 26th (that I didn't read until today because its a dump email account I don't keep track with on a daily basis) that stated the following (I stripped out my own name and order # from below):

Dear <name> ,
Thank you for your order <order #>.

We apologize but the item(s) you ordered are still out of stock and we are unable to provide a definite ship date.

Please let us know if you would like to keep your order active by calling us at 1-(877)688-7678 (Int'l customers, please call 1-408-350-1484) or e-mailing us at service@cs.frys.com. If you elect to keep your order active and agree to an indefinite ship date, you may cancel your order any time prior to shipment. If we do not hear from you within 30 business days, your order will be cancelled automatically, and we will provide a full and prompt refund of any charges which you may have incurred for unshipped items.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Dept

Nags

Banned
So any retailers break street date?

My local shady game shop here that tends to do that has not for Soul Hackers but hey are doing it for Injustice! I think their priorities are skewed, but whatever... :p
Two pre-orders here, GS and Amazon so one of them has to come through release day.

cj_iwakura

My local shady game shop here that tends to do that has not for Soul Hackers but hey are doing it for Injustice! I think their priorities are skewed, but whatever... :p
Two pre-orders here, GS and Amazon so one of them has to come through release day.

GameStop confirmed they have it in stock. Anyone confirms a SoFla sighting, I'll go running. :p

Setting up the Saturn now, I'll post when live, just making sure I'm not in any major dungeons or anything.

cj_iwakura

Small delay, as it turns out I'm in the final dungeon. :/ I have no intention of spoiling that, but I should be out of it in a few minutes.

wrowa

Did something happen at HG101? When trying to open the first page of this thread, Chrome shows me a malware warning, telling me the site I requested links to content from HG101 which is supposed to be a known source of malware...

Is Chrome overly sensitive for whatever reason or got hardcore gaming hacked?

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
Did something happen at HG101? When trying to open the first page of this thread, Chrome shows me a malware warning, telling me the site I requested links to content from HG101 which is supposed to be a known source of malware...

Is Chrome overly sensitive for whatever reason or got hardcore gaming hacked?

We got hacked. :( It's clean now but Google will still register it as dangerous until it rescans it. Give it a day or so and it should be back in order.

cj_iwakura

Rumor has it HG101 got hacked. (Irony!)

I'll see if I can remove the stuff from the OP. It's the Devil Summoner 1 stuff, I'm pretty sure.

Anywho: Soul Hackers going live.

No spoilers as promised, unless you consider demons and the world map as such, so be wary if you're sensitive.

This is the endgame, so as is SMT tradition, the overworld BGM is (sadly) not as good.

CSX

Just got off the phone from Fry's. Lady had to go talk to the supervisor about this. The reason why its not on the website is because they were getting a really limited amount of copies from their vendor and you MegaTen fans went all HAM on the $10 off deal.

They WILL get the game. Question of whether or not the Fry's slow ass shipping curse will happen though will be unanswered till release day. Though I bet it's going to happen :p

Game is comint out close to exam time so fine by me :)

cj_iwakura

Showed all I could without spoiling anything, but the recording should be there if anyone missed it. Just did some wandering through assorted areas, a few battles, and a fusion.

Should hold me over for the next three days!

Young Magus

Rumor has it HG101 got hacked. (Irony!)

I'll see if I can remove the stuff from the OP. It's the Devil Summoner 1 stuff, I'm pretty sure.

Anywho: Soul Hackers going live.

No spoilers as promised, unless you consider demons and the world map as such, so be wary if you're sensitive.

This is the endgame, so as is SMT tradition, the overworld BGM is (sadly) not as good.

Everybody get it here now, cj is playing Raidou!!!!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I got a call today from the local store I preordered it from saying I could come pick it up. I went and now I have the game, and didn't even realize I got it early until I came in this thread. I think it was an employee mix up since it was a new employee, but I'm not sure. Haven't opened it yet and I'm so busy that I wont be able to get around to it until after Tuesday anyways haha.

I got a call today from the local store I preordered it from saying I could come pick it up. I went and now I have the game, and didn't even realize I got it early until I came in this thread. I think it was an employee mix up since it was a new employee, but I'm not sure. Haven't opened it yet and I'm so busy that I wont be able to get around to it until after Tuesday anyways haha.

What store? What city?

Finally broke out my JP version of Soul Hackers. The wait for SMTIV was killing me, and I remembered I didn't even touch the copy of SH I bought at launch. Derp.

I'm only an hour in, so I'm still in the intro stuff, but I'm really digging the atmosphere and the premise so far.

GeekyDad

Well, though I got a message from BB two days ago saying it had shipped, UPS is giving me an ETA of the 18th.

/sad face

Top Bottom