• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

vall03

So I finally beat the
VR Museum boss Snappy
which was a huge pain in the ass because it seemed to
be absorbing all of my magic attacks and had crazy high defense, so I was only able to hit him for like 5 or so damage with my physical attacks
it literally took me 30 minutes to finish.

Wasn't sure if I should spoiler that or not, but figured better safe than sorry.

You're supposed to let him absorb magic and he'll die from that, didn't notice this at first since I just kept on Auto-Attacking and I had no idea how I killed him after that

You're supposed to let him absorb magic and he'll die from that, didn't notice this at first since I just kept on Auto-Attacking and I had no idea how I killed him after that

Man, I feel so stupid now! Thanks for the heads up!

I literally just kept hitting with
my physical attacks which took forever to kill him

Anyone wanna give me answers to the Astro Museum quiz? :)

I honestly googled them :). I would hit the home button to suspend the game while I looked up the answers.

But you can learn the answers by walking around the floor there and reading all the exhibits, which I definitely did not do.

Soriku

AWWW SHIEEEEEEET

Just checked Amazon and it seems the game's delivered. Bad part is that I won't go home till later tonight. Was expecting it tomorrow though. Based Amazon.

GeekyDad

This. Anyone?

Google is failing me arm. Abd gamefaqs is no help.

Well, the questions are given in a different order each time, so there's no pattern of answers to offer. But do it once or twice and remember the answers, and you'll do fine. Though the pattern is different, the five questions seem to be the same each time.

cjkeats

Talked to a demon, pissed it off and got slaughtered.
Reloaded, starting going over what progress I lost, got jumped by a surprise attack not even a minute in, died again.

Time for a break I think. I'm holding off lowering the difficulty as long as I can.

This. Anyone?

I can only remember a few of the questions and answers. I'll do spoilers and I hope this helps!

there's one about a constellation between virgo and something else I think, the answer is libra; there's one about which is the first ecliptic or something the answer is pisces,

OK, so turns out I can only remember two of them. If you guys could post the questions maybe it could jog my memory a bit. Either way best of luck!

Anyone wanna give me answers to the Astro Museum quiz? :)

This. Anyone?

The questions are in a random order, but there's only five of them:
Sagittarius is a Summer sign.
Virgo is east of Leo.
Libra is between Scorpius and whatever.
There are 12 signs.
Pisces is the first sign.

(I am not spoilering this because this is a dumb "puzzle" that feeds you far too much information in the hallway)

Well, the questions are given in a different order each time, so there's no pattern of answers to offer. But do it once or twice and remember the answers, and you'll do fine. Though the pattern is different, the five questions seem to be the same each time.

Also when you get a question wrong it will place you in fron to the correct constellation in the hallway outside.

BearChair

Can someone tell me what the Zoma option at the bottom of the fuse menu is. I've gone to it, and it will fuse a demon, but I do not know why it is a separate option from regular fusing.

GeekyDad

The number for my Agi stat is blue, but I can still raise the stat. What's up with that? All the other stats are colored white.

The number for my Agi stat is blue, but I can still raise the stat. What's up with that? All the other stats are colored white.

Don't know for sure, but maybe it's some kind of armor or weapon that you have equipped? Some of them alter your Main Character or Nemissa's stats.

Edit:

So beaten :(

GeekyDad

I believe it means you're wearing gear that has modified your Agility stat.

EDIT: I just checked and that's exactly the cause.

Aha! That makes sense. Sorry I missed that. Thanks.

By the way, the digital instruction manual is pretty friggin' awesome. They cover almost everything, including the Zoma thing someone else asked about earlier.

Esura

Banned
Which choice for Hitomi in the beginning is the most recommended to start with?

"She's more upbeat"
"She's a calm one"
"Sexy defines her"

I heard these tie into some future skills for the silver haired bombshell.

Which choice for Hitomi in the beginning is the most recommended to start with?

"She's more upbeat"
"She's a calm one"
"Sexy defines her"

I heard these tie into some future skills for the silver haired bombshell.

Upbeat is fire and expel magic.
Calm is ice and death magic.
Sexy is lightning and no instant kill magic, but megidola eventually.

Sexy and Upbeat are good. Calm is not.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Question for the art museum boss:
Is there any hints that overloading that dolphin with magic would kill him? Is his magic absorb visual different? It just seems so out of place.

Question for the art museum boss:
Is there any hints that overloading that dolphin with magic would kill him? Is his magic absorb visual different? It just seems so out of place.

Looking back on it
I guess it was a bit of a different kind of animation, but certainly wasn't enough to tip me off that my magic use was going to be an effective strategy for dealing with him

brinstar

Okay I am at the boss of the planetarium and its maragi wiped all my demons out and took out like 75% of my health in one turn, what level am I supposed to be at? D:

Success! I got the male Nemechi that looks like food, this one.

FTwrbBd.jpg

These badasses are now on my list:

Level 49 Reaper DB Busters.

Aeana

Okay I am at the boss of the planetarium and its maragi wiped all my demons out and took out like 75% of my health in one turn, what level am I supposed to be at? D:
Have you been upgrading your demons? Remember that they don't level up in this game, so keeping any demons around for long is going to put you very behind. As for hero level, 13+ I guess?

I am curious, what Nemechi path is everyone going down currently, male or female, what Nemechi do you currently have, and what demons are on your list right now?

I went down Male path, with the food Nemechi, currently I am level 27, and on my list is:

Lvl 21 Element Sylph, Lvl 41 Lady Kushinada, Lvl 3 Fairy Pixie, Lvl 10 Fairy Goblin, Lvl 29 Beast Nekomata, Lvl 9 UMA Oliver Zero, Lvl 4 Knocker, Lvl 35 Black Frost, Lvl 16 Raptor Moh Shovuu, Lvl 49 Reaper DB Busters, Lvl 26 Foul Douman

stuminus3

You know you're old school when you spend ages walking around looking for an NPC you're sure mentioned some tutorial information you're desperately looking for, when the smart thing to do would just be to press the home button and RTF(digital)M. #derp

Eyothrie

Noob question.. What's with the colored numbers in battle when attacking? Can't find any info on what they mean. I've seen red, yellow, and I think white?

I am curious, what Nemechi path is everyone going down currently, male or female, what Nemechi do you currently have, and what demons are on your list right now?

I went down Male path, with the food Nemechi, currently I am level 27, and on my list is:

Lvl 21 Element Sylph, Lvl 41 Lady Kushinada, Lvl 3 Fairy Pixie, Lvl 10 Fairy Goblin, Lvl 29 Beast Nekomata, Lvl 9 UMA Oliver Zero, Lvl 4 Knocker, Lvl 35 Black Frost, Lvl 16 Raptor Moh Shovuu, Lvl 49 Reaper DB Busters, Lvl 26 Foul Douman

I'm only lv.16, and my nemichi looks like a snake.

Noob question.. What's with the colored numbers in battle when attacking? Can't find any info on what they mean. I've seen red, yellow, and I think white?

How close the enemy is to death. White = has most of it's HP, yellow = some other percentage (don't know for sure), red = very close to death, low hp.

It gauges how much HP the target has left. If the damage is White, it means the target has over 50% of their HP remaining, if it's yellow it means they've between like 50% and 25% and if it's red it means they're under 25%. Or something like that. I'm not sure on the actual percentages.

brinstar

Have you been upgrading your demons? Remember that they don't level up in this game, so keeping any demons around for long is going to put you very behind. As for hero level, 13+ I guess?

My hero is level 16 so I guess I will go see what new demons I can make at this point

Riposte

No one really answered my question the last time I asked it and I don't feel like making a thread over it. I'm trying to figure out whether I should play this or SMT4. Which game is more mechanically sound/deep?

EDIT: I just realized how stupid my last question is. How about... traditionally speaking?

Soriku

No one really answered my question the last time I asked it and I don't feel like making a thread over it. I'm trying to figure out whether I should play this or SMT4. Which game is more mechanically sound/deep?

1. Get Soul Hackers now.

2. Get SMT IV later.

Anyway, SMT IV is going to be better mechanically because the game won't be a Saturn/PS1 port with some improvements.

EDIT: I just realized how stupid my last question is. How about... traditionally speaking?

it is difficult to answer because one game is from 1997 and the other has not been released yet.
although i guess you can assume that they've learned a thing or two in the last sixteen years so.

Top Bottom