• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

Artemisia

Banned
How should I spend my level up skill points? I read somewhere that the MC can't use magic so there's no point in allocating to Mag.

Weiss

Banned
Man, I am consistently failing in demon negotiations.

Either they join up with me right away, or they ask me for weapons/armor/MAG and then leave.

image.php
Nobody's using this, right?

Varna

I like that you can somewhat resume Demon conversations. I've had one just join me since I didn't have the space earlier and another one just resume from the gimme stuff segment until he agreed to join me. Did any of the other games have this feature?

Also anything that can be done to avoid freezing? Or is it random?

I see, thank you.

Is there any point to the black panel app outside of making everyone's portrait turn into
Black Frost
?

Nope, it's just an aesthetic thing. There's a couple more apps like this, but it's kind of a waste since you have such a limited space for them.

No, it's been stuck at just over 2 forever.
It was below 2, but I gave it an Amethyst.

I had trouble with Acheri when her personality was Sly too. Try changing her personality to Kind and have her Guard til it maxes out. Then have Victor Mystic Change her into a knife for Nemissa.

BearChair

Alright, I have to be doing something wrong. How do you make money (yen) in this game. I'm just past the second vision quest and only have about 234 yen and haven't gotten any since you are given the 10000 at the beginning of the game. Do I have to exchange MAG for yen?

cj_iwakura

Alright, I have to be doing something wrong. How do you make money (yen) in this game. I'm just past the second vision quest and only have about 234 yen and haven't gotten any since you are given the 10000 at the beginning of the game. Do I have to exchange MAG for yen?

Yep. And you'll be swimming in it afterward.

cj_iwakura

What's a good amount of MAG to maintain going into the airport then?

I'd say no less than 1k, but if you have a full party you'll drain that real fast. I'm there as well, and it seems like everyone wants to be my friend.

Also, I got some awesome demons from the pet store on the Saturn version, keep that in mind.

Should I focus on helping the requests in the Paradigm X Pet Store? Are there some great missable items here?

Nothing really missable, but some will offer some neat information on how to fuse special races of demons and you can be rewarded with demons that are higher level than what you can summon. I'd definitely do the ones that give you information on Mystic Change, because like all of the demons it rewards you with can be turned into baller equipment.

BearChair

I'd say no less than 1k, but if you have a full party you'll drain that real fast. I'm there as well, and it seems like everyone wants to be my friend.

Also, I got some awesome demons from the pet store on the Saturn version, keep that in mind.

Thanks for the help. I have about 5,500 MAG so that should fund some upgrades.

I found the hotel area really helpful. I was having problems getting some demons to join me and was able to get them there quickly.

vall03

Nothing really missable, but some will offer some neat information on how to fuse special races of demons and you can be rewarded with demons that are higher level than what you can summon. I'd definitely do the ones that give you information on Mystic Change, because like all of the demons it rewards you with can be turned into baller equipment.

Oh, I see. I do remember doing a few that mentioned those 'Mystic Change' in the rewards. I'll look more into those later. Anyway, when can I do sword fusion? I just finished the airport btw.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Some people on Gamefaqs mentioned another bug. Let's say that you have been playing for a while and saved in Save Slot one. You start a new game and use slot 2 for this new game while keeping your save 01. The users say that the chests you've opened in Save 01 will remain empty in Save 02 even though they're two separate game saves that should have nothing to do with each other :0...

Can anyone verify this?

EDIT: I got it wrong. The glitch happens if you start a new game and save over the previous one.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm ashamed to say I'm playing this game on easy.

Eirikr

How?
I couldn't do anything when my game froze.

Oh, as far as freezing goes, then no. My mistake.

Another freezing anecdote, playing the Japanese version I had the game freeze on me multiple times when trying to enter the final dungeon. Definitely save before you go somewhere new! It honestly wasn't very common, but it'll knock the wind out of your sails if it happens.

Im underwater looking at a dolphin this is some strong stuff im on im a bird and the walls are dripping and i just dropped my wallet oh god im melting im meeeeeeeeeeeelting wat

WHY IS THIS JUGGLER TALKING ALL FUNNY WHO-HOA BROTHER I LOVE COCAINE

The VA in this game is perfect, it's really making me enjoy the game even more than I expected to. When the security guard goes "MONSTErrr---eeerrrs" in the first vision quest, I was sold. That wouldn't have read the same way or been as funny.

The battles also move ridiculously fast, which is nice.

StatsChu

Neo Member
The VA in this game is perfect, it's really making me enjoy the game even more than I expected to. When the security guard goes "MONSTErrr---eeerrrs" in the first vision quest, I was sold. That wouldn't have read the same way or been as funny.

The battles also move ridiculously fast, which is nice.

Only started playing today, and I agree, it totally does add to the game. I do hate how magnetite affects monsters, but then I guess its pointless to carry them around if they don't level up. Also the story is far more enjoyable than Strange Journey, and I'm kinda liking it more than Devil Survivor Overclocked and Persona 3 (well, of what I played in Persona 3).

This being released around the time when final projects and final exams begin =oh im not gonna get much sleep.

Top Bottom