• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

Moonlight

Banned
That's exactly where I am.

Speaking of which, how the hell did you all get through the Strange Area? Most confusing map I've encountered :mad:
It's remarkably straightforward so long as you talk to the things. They'll tell you exactly where you should go. Just read what they say from right to left.

Soriku

Just went through the
Amami Float
. It's not wonder this game is pretty easy...for some reason the enemies are really low leveled. They were somewhere in the low-mid 20s, while I'm at 34 lol wat. And I haven't even grinded. I fight most battles though, but it's much easier to fight them instead of hope you manage to run. I don't feel like talking is that reliable for the most part either.

I actually managed to Estoma through a large chunk of the area which was nice...kinda. Unfortunately I forgot to return my demons so I lost some MAG. Plus I missed out on EXP, though I am overleveled at this point.

I got to the boss,
Finnegan
and this was the first pretty tough battle considering
he summons all your demons WTF
! It took me a couple tries to take him down, and since I'm a MAN I
did it without Nemissa
Finnegan
knew he couldn't take me
with Nemissa
LOL. Anyway, because of the difficulty this has been the most fun battle so far. I'm excited to get into the post game for similarly hard fights but it'll be a while before then.

Story stuff: The story has picked up right now.
Six yelling at Yu-ichi
...finally some good interaction with the party. They've been kinda useless for the most part so far. Also, your
ID has been removed
...hmm. Interested to see how this goes. The story's been kinda slow right not honestly, not that much has happened, so hopefully things pick up in full steam now considering this is the first twist.

vall03

I just started New Game+ and according to most people, Yen and Magnetite carry over. So far I got my Yen from the bank. Where can I get the Magnetite?

Soriku

VR Park is just dumb. Super big area but super annoying to traverse. I didn't realize after a while that there are some dead ends which you could just...jump over.

Beat the boss after I found it eventually and then it kicked me out and I didn't even have half the map done, lol. Though I don't know if I would be able to complete it all the way (would've taken a while too). I only went through one of the doors in the beginning but don't know if it both leads to the same area, or the one I didn't go through led to the other half of it (which seems pointless really, unless there's items there but they put a huge half for just items?)

cj_iwakura

VR Park is just dumb. Super big area but super annoying to traverse. I didn't realize after a while that there are some dead ends which you could just...jump over.

Beat the boss after I found it eventually and then it kicked me out and I didn't even have half the map done, lol. Though I don't know if I would be able to complete it all the way (would've taken a while too). I only went through one of the doors in the beginning but don't know if it both leads to the same area, or the one I didn't go through led to the other half of it (which seems pointless really, unless there's items there but they put a huge half for just items?)

I mapped out that entire area more or less. There's some great items in the halls, but you have to be facing the walls. I found a Soma in the area before the boss.

Also, re: VQ 3-
I believe Tiamat gets you the version weak to physical, and the other is the one weak to magical.

The boss at the Primate Lab was ridiculously frustrating. I think people will see why when they get to him.
(Bring Estoma.)

BearChair

When does the Primate lab open up or where is it. I keep hearing about it and want to try it. I am currently at the Amami Monolith and just unlocked the doors there.

vall03

When does the Primate lab open up or where is it. I keep hearing about it and want to try it. I am currently at the Amami Monolith and just unlocked the doors there.

You need to have read a post about in the Summoner Net. Its at Nikamimon, the same area where Amami Monolith is.

Saibastian

Neo Member
I just beat
Beelzebub
yesterday. I'm trying out extra game right now, I have no idea how to fight the Devil Summoner 1 protag though.

GeekyDad

You need to have read a post about in the Summoner Net. Its at Nikamimon, the same area where Amami Monolith is.

And unless I missed something, it was pretty pointless. Some decent XP at the end, I guess, but not much else, really. ALL CAPS means you constantly lose Mag, and if you don't use the app, you're in a battle with po'dunk enemies every two or three steps. Probably my least favorite part of this game thus far.

cj_iwakura

And unless I missed something, it was pretty pointless. Some decent XP at the end, I guess, but not much else, really. ALL CAPS means you constantly lose Mag, and if you don't use the app, you're in a battle with po'dunk enemies every two or three steps. Probably my least favorite part of this game thus far.

Estoma and done.

I'd say that, besides the boss' EXP, the battles are the closest thing to a quest reward, as you can farm a ton of Magnetite from them. Easy low-level enemies, but there's a lot of them in each battle. As long as you have multi-target attacks (Certain swords, Deathbound, Aeon Rain, etc.), the battles are no problem, and they occur with such frequency that you're constantly turning a profit. To illustrate, I walked in there with less than 19000 MAG, and by the time I beat the boss I had over 40000 MAG.

Plus, the location is still available after you beat the boss, which makes it an even better MAG farming point than the Amami Bypass. And it's not a bad place to pick up some low-level enemies for fusion or pet shop purposes.

Also, re: VQ 3-
I believe Tiamat gets you the version weak to physical, and the other is the one weak to magical.

The boss at the Primate Lab was ridiculously frustrating. I think people will see why when they get to him.
(Bring Estoma.)

Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna tackle VQ3 later today.

And yeah, the boss at the primate lab was rough.
It was especially hard since there are like a million riddles that he cycles through. I never got the same pattern twice. Would've been a little easier if they at least told you the right one when you guessed wrong, but I managed. It was entertaining at least.

ohlawd

beat the game yay. Took longer than I thought.

but I'm not really that vested into the game to tackle the postgame content. Maybe some time in the future I will.

Roubjon

Getting a game over and being greeted by a floating talking fox makes death a surreal experience every time. And goddammit my two pixies left me, I feel like I'm missing something regarding the demon relationship stuff.

Saibastian

Neo Member
Getting a game over and being greeted by a floating talking fox makes death a surreal experience every time. And goddammit my two pixies left me, I feel like I'm missing something regarding the demon relationship stuff.
Isn't Pixie Kind? Kind is that they like using healing and buff spells. Always look at the type of personality demons are before using them, its in the stats.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do the demons you purchase from Nemichi have different designs from in-game counterparts? Bought Pixie last night and it looks different from the other pixies.

Do the demons you purchase from Nemichi have different designs from in-game counterparts? Bought Pixie last night and it looks different from the other pixies.

Yes. The demons you can buy from Nemechi will have different designs, stats and skills than the ones you can encounter in-game. (However not all Nemechi demons have in-game counterparts)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

cj_iwakura

Figures.

I find the original cover slightly better though...
cover.jpg

How do I beat the
Dolphin in the painting
? Do I just keep getting demons that are powerful enough attack wise with two that know attack up for party and defense down for the boss?

It sure makes me happy to see this game getting such positive reception here :')

I took a few days break from the game and now that I'm back and I now got
Izanami, THE Megami Tensei and another role which she is known more for these days ;)
on my Nemechi. I have 2185 d souls saved up, with some having been spent.

cj_iwakura

When it absorbs too much it dies. (Remember how the boy in front of the painting said dolphins lie?) Just keep wailing away at him with magic till he dies.

Funny, I figured it was some joke about Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Nemechi basically gives you rare demons, some only available through him. I figured he was someone you could use in battle like the Zoma, but I guess not.

Soriku

Naomi Battle Theme
This is one is probably my favorite of all the vision quests. The first devil summoner has some rocking music as well.

ahh so that's how the whole song sounds like.

Naomi kills things way too fast so I didn't get a chance earlier.

Listen to the Raidou 2 version if you haven't. It's amazing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMtqWs9c7yU

The El115 song is BOSS.

lol yeah. It's too bad the way the game handles background music and how it lowers it when someone is talking. Which is OK, but when they stop talking it doesn't get higher...

Also, Amami Airport (Vision Quest) >>>>>>>>> (Reality) thanks to the piano.

Top Bottom