• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers |OT| New World Order, Old World Chaos

Will probably be fake, but here you could pre-order a pal version? Would be due at 20th of September... Distributor would be Namco Bandai?

http://www.xtralife.es/nintendo-3ds/shin-megami-tensei-devil-summoner-soul-hackers/13103

portada13103.jpeg

If it is really true, then it is good news for us...

But I will only believe it if there is really a press release...

cjkeats

Will probably be fake, but here you could pre-order a pal version? Would be due at 20th of September... Distributor would be Namco Bandai?

http://www.xtralife.es/nintendo-3ds/shin-megami-tensei-devil-summoner-soul-hackers/13103

portada13103.jpeg

If it is really true, then it is good news for us...

But I will only believe it if there is really a press release...

That is some lovley box art. Much better than ours.

I started this on Saturday. If you all would like, I will chip in with my opinions periodically.
Please do.

GeekyDad

I started this on Saturday. If you all would like, I will chip in with my opinions periodically.

No spoilers please, but yeah.

Also, has anyone been able to find a link/info on this wink wink person(s) who sings the opening theme. Tell me that shit's not mesmerizing.

cj_iwakura

If there's any interest, at some point during the week I plan on firing up my Saturn copy on the stream to show off some of the game.

No spoilers, just the opening and walking around town, as well as gameplay in the optional dungeon.

I'm leaning towards Friday unless there's a preference.

And I'm pretty sure that PAL cover is fake, I've seen it around for a while.

cjkeats

If there's any interest, at some point during the week I plan on firing up my Saturn copy on the stream to show off some of the game.

No spoilers, just the opening and walking around town, as well as gameplay in the optional dungeon.

And I'm pretty sure that PAL cover is fake, I've seen it around for a while.

I'll watch. It'll be a nice study break. Will it be archived if I can't catch it live?

I'd like that, yeah. Friday would
NOT
be fine.
IT MUST BE NAO
And I've been curious, are the sprites that Strange Journey, DeSu, and SMT4 use from this game? They look like it.

cj_iwakura

NOT
be fine.
IT MUST BE NAO
And I've been curious, are the sprites that Strange Journey, DeSu, and SMT4 use from this game? They look like it.

Very similar. SJ/IV's are more animated. I think these are larger res than DeSu, but beyond that they're basically the same, but they have some visual effects(i.e. swaying and limited movement).

Weiss

Banned
NOT
be fine.
IT MUST BE NAO

More or less. Most of the sprites used in the later games have been from Soul Hackers.

kunonabi

All this Persona talk has reminded me of something: I've never played Persona 1 at all. There's some cheap copies of it on Amazon.ca; is it worth playing through? For reference, I really enjoyed Innocent Sin, though mostly for the story. I had no problem with the combat and mechanics, but the random encounter rate drove me mad.

it's my favorite game in the series. the gameplay isn't as good as EP, nothing really is to be honest, but the atmosphere and the story made up for it. i can't speak for the psp version though since i refuse to play it.

Very similar. SJ/IV's are more animated. I think these are larger res than DeSu, but beyond that they're basically the same, but they have some visual effects(i.e. swaying and limited movement).

More or less. Most of the sprites used in the later games have been from Soul Hackers.

Pretty much. The menagerie in this game is so huge, the 'new' demons in SJ were really from this.
I was right, ha! It is slightly disappointing that the animated sprites from SJ/SMT4 aren't in use here also, but it honestly won't bother me when I'm waist deep in dungeon crawling.
So this game is the Rondo of Blood of Atlus?
That... is a really great way to put it! :)
Has Atlus released anything with English footage?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_pvbmw5oJI

Man, I would snag one of those Soul Hackers avatars but I FINALLY have this awesome Shadow Maya picture, it would be a waste not to use it as an avatar.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I am more excited for this than i am for SMTIV. And i am very

very

very excited for SMTIV.

cj_iwakura

Man, I would snag one of those Soul Hackers avatars but I FINALLY have this awesome Shadow Maya picture, it would be a waste not to use it as an avatar.

You can always go back.

And oi, don't ask me to choose between this and SMTIV.

whynotboth.jpg

cj_iwakura

Wow, sounds like Nemissa has a different VA than Hitomi.

I thought it was that Laura Bailey range at work. The plot thickens?

Wow, sounds like Nemissa has a different VA than Hitomi.

I thought it was that Laura Bailey range at work. The plot thickens?
From the short snippet in the story trailer I would have guessed it was Laura Bailey for both. Any clue who else it would be that could sound so similar?

EDIT: It really does sound like her as Nemissa as well. I'M SO CONFUSED.

Hope this avatar is available, if someone else has it I'll change it back!

aFiK7fR.png
Looks like it was taken already, and you switched to something else. But if you wanted a Nemissa one I just threw this one together.
nDkCX8T.jpg

But if you don't want it then maybe it can get added to the OP or something, dunno.

Top Bottom