• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radec

from Jay Wilson's twitter page.

r600x600.jpg

huge ass box.

Hinomura

Played hundreds hours the beta, preordered the digital version for me, preordered the collector's edition for my half :)

Raide

Complete Diablo noob here. Is it worth playing this game just for single-player? Is there a decent campaign with a story-line?

Never played the old Diablo games?

The story is pretty awesome once you get into it but it still boils down to feeling awesome, making monsters and demons explode and then looting them.

Remember, it is all about finishing on one difficulty, getting to the next one and progressing through that. More challenge and more loot.

ibtiPP10cfochT.png

Just an interesting tidbit, you can see here how I layered all the class crests and character art. If anyone is interested in the cutout classes on the left, I can provide transparencies. The default size for all of those is much larger than shown.

And I really should be getting to sleep.

Wolfie5

So, I wrote a short Diablo III Guide. I thought at least Elective mode would get a mention in the OT, but I didn´t see it. Feel free to add tips.

Diablo III for Dummies ;)

Options
-Go to Gameplay options and make sure Elective mode is ticked. Elective mode enables you to choose whatever skill you want in each slot that is available.
Instead of default mode where you only can choose one skill per category.

Damage
-Even if you are a wizard, wear a crossbow if that weapon is the strongest you have, since weapon damage increases the DPS you make with most of your skills/spells.

-Depending on which class you are, one attribute increases your DPS:
Strength: Barbarian
Dexterity: DH and Monk
Intelligence: WD and Wizard

If you want to increase your DPS, you get gear/skill that increases above attribute depending on class you are playing with.

In-Game
-Always pick up items that are not white/grey since at worst case you can salvage material and craft new items at blacksmith.

-Items you put in chest can be shared by your other characters.

-Items that are dropped are individual, meaning what you see can only be picked up by you.

EDIT: Woohoo, I am a member :)

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I guess it really depends on how well things go in the SP but if I can get 10+ hours out of my first run on Normal, that will be pretty good.

I don´t think you can beat SP normal in 10h.

Skipping random content can drop your playtime but i think you will need to have the appropriate level to fight bosses.

kyubajin

Contributing to Wolfie5.

Don't forget to tick Show Advanced Tooltips as well in order to actually get information on damage/range/etc for your skills.

Raide

Skipping random content can drop your playtime but i think you will need to have the appropriate level to fight bosses.

More time in Diablo is fine with me! 10+ hours and the 10+ years later, all is good!

I get the feeling most of the Diablo Vets here will fire through Normal pretty swiftly. I want to see all the story stuff on the first run, since I won't be thinking about that after the first few runs.

So, I wrote a short Diablo III Guide. I thought at least Elective mode would get a mention in the OT, but I didn't see it. Feel free to add tips.

I cut out the FAQ for the initial post as I wanted to get the OT up. Elective mode probably would have gotten a mention there or in the "Skills" section, which I also cut, and may not add back.

I'll be updating tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week leading up to launch with all the little things I either temporarily cut, forgot, or simply missed.

You'll get patch notes for your OT!

Maybe possible? You may run into some brick walls if you're under-leveled and under-geared. One of my last beta runs was a pretty quick rush and I got to the Skeleton King at level 8 without much in the way of good gear. It was fairly challenging.

Great OT!

Missed out on all the D3 Avatars though. *sadpanda*

More avatars may be on the way - I didn't make any of the ones in the OT myself. Credit goes to ZealousD for that. So if I have some extra time to spare, I'll see what I can do.

I also mentioned in a previous post that I have some plans for some special Diablo avatar flair. We'll see how that works out.

No promises though!

More avatars may be on the way - I didn't make any of the ones in the OT myself. Credit goes to ZealousD for that. So if I have some extra time to spare, I'll see what I can do.

I also mentioned in a previous post that I have some plans for some special Diablo avatar flair. We'll see how that works out.

No promises though!

Thanks! : )

Going to be a loooonnnggg work week! (And the next week as well, but Im off work from May 19 - May 30, sogood.jpg)

I am more than ready. Can we expect some new info/footage in the next few days leading up to the release? I don't know what I can do. :(

Wolfie5

I cut out the FAQ for the initial post as I wanted to get the OT up. Elective mode probably would have gotten a mention there or in the "Skills" section, which I also cut, and may not add back.

I'll be updating tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week leading up to launch with all the little things I either temporarily cut, forgot, or simply missed.

You'll get patch notes for your OT!

Awesome!

Twinduct

Gah. Back to trying to convince my online retailer to send me the Diablo 3 code before 9am on the 15th. What kills me is that they're having a midnight launch at their warehouse. but that's like 60km away from me. I mean I love me Diablo 3, but I hate me some gas prices :<

They could send the code to me before 5 on the 14th. Not like I can use the code until 2 am on the 15th!

LordCanti

I'm glad they've made the wise decision to allow pre-installing and patching on the 14th. This way, I can spam my login credentials like a crazy person as soon as it becomes a minute or two from midnight PDT.

For now...sleep...for the day is long and full of terrors things I have to do in the afternoon.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I'm glad they've made the wise decision to allow pre-installing and patching on the 14th. This way, I can spam my login credentials like a crazy person as soon as it becomes a minute or two from midnight PDT.

For now...sleep...for the day is long and full of terrors things I have to do in the afternoon.

I know myself... i dont know still if i will be playing on 00:01 or let the night pass, get a good sleep and start the maraton in the morning.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I know myself... i dont know still if i will be playing on 00:01 or let the night pass, get a good sleep and start the maraton in the morning.

This is the same spot I am atm, I'd almost rather get up early say 07:00-ish and play for ages instead of trying to allnight it and invariably fail it like I always do.

Robin64

Trying to convince my Warcraft mates to pop over and give Diablo III a go is proving more difficult than I thought it would, so I really hope Blizzard put up a Starter Edition like they have with World of Warcraft and Starcraft II.

Other than that, I personally won't rest until the final boss (Diablo?) is defeated on Inferno level. I'm really hoping that takes me a *long* time, and I expect even then I won't be done with the game.

AllenShrz

Well after all the hype I decided to buy it of from Battle.net

Ive never played the originals, is yet to see if I will like this game, I do hope so if not I just spend my money into nothing.

Twinduct

This is the same spot I am atm, I'd almost rather get up early say 07:00-ish and play for ages instead of trying to allnight at in invariably fail it like I always do.

That's what I'm doing. Not by choice though. Only getting it sometime in the morning.
I do have a meeting with a client in the afternoon. Still trying to figure out how to get that shit moved.

Morokh

I guess it really depends on how well things go in the SP but if I can get 10+ hours out of my first run on Normal, that will be pretty good.

Completing the Beta took 4 hours-ish with one character solo and that is like half, or a third of ACT 1, so you'll definitely get way more than 10 hours from the entire game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom