• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Hey guys what's going on in this thread?

conanglowsticks.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So does anyone here who's playing a Barbarian have any tips regarding builds? What are your two mouse skills?

Since i didn't had the time to play the beta i'd like to know the same for Wizards please.

TheExodu5

Banned
image.php

Devastating.

At first I was really annoyed that servers go up at 5pm local time but now I'm pretty happy it gives me a chance to check out shops for cheaper deals and I might maybe have a chance to snag a CE and still get home install it all and get stocked up for a good nights worth of clicking.

What? Servers only go up at 5pm?

edit: oh, depends on the region. My server goes up at 3:00 AM? ;_;

RPGCrazied

My PC is ready. My 6 core is going to have fun with this game, should be able to max it out with everything as high as it'll go.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I never played a Diablo game before.

Hit me with everything you've got!

I'll still get Diablo III next week, so be nice.

ShaneB

I was completely surprised by how much fun I had playing a Barb in the beta. I usually hate warrior/melee type classes, and it ended up jumping up to my second character type after Wizard.

I've always loved melee classes, smashing things, getting the big weapons, etc, but I did want to try and switch it up for this, and I had a blast playing Wizard and WD in the beta, and there are some terrific spells and effects to play with, but it's the draw of my roots and being up close and personal and swinging sick weapons.

Serious. The funny thing is I finally had a chance to talk to all my friends last night and like a third or more are rolling barbs first. Difference is, I know I'm going to be playing barb more, so the loot still goes to me first! Then when they catch up, I'll roll DH, because NOBODY wants to roll a DH. :p

Yeah, Barbarian feels like the sort of introduction class, easy to learn, tough to master. You can say that for all classes, but Barbarian, you click on stuff, it dies. That's Diablo in a nut shell.

And I'm guilty, of all the classes, the Demon Hunter interests me the least :(

Glad to hear it man, I'm pretty excited to jump in head first. Do you have any tips for a Diablo noob? I haven't settled on a class yet...

What I did for my fiancee was I went to the reveal.diablo3.com site and went through all the class videos one by one, then asked her which one looked the coolest and that she wanted to play (originally she thought DH, but settled on Wizard). After that, well, on launch day?

1. Click baddies 'til they die.
2. Ignore white/grey items, pick up gold and Blues/Yellows/Etc. The only exception to this is when you FIRST start your character, equip whatever you can, even if it's white. When you get a blue to replace it though...
3. Equip what you can, Sell or Salvage the rest. You'll be able to salvage gear once you get an artisan that allows it (Blacksmith, first couple hours of the game).
4. Experiment. Whenever you level up, you'll get a new skill or something, pop open your page and equip it! who knows, you might love it. If you don't, you can switch back just as easily.
5. Group up. I'm positive there's some GAFfers here who will want to go through and see the story, not skip cutscenes, but Diablo is -way- more fun in a group than it is solo, trust me on that one. Also if you have questions about stuff, having other people around to ask said questions helps.

Those are my basic tips. They really went out of their way to make a game that (finally!) doesn't require outside research. You really can just jump in and pick it up as you go.

Yeah, Barbarian feels like the sort of introduction class, easy to learn, tough to master. You can say that for all classes, but Barbarian, you click on stuff, it dies. That's Diablo in a nut shell.

And I'm guilty, of all the classes, the Demon Hunter interests me the least :(

I meant out of my group of friends, but yeah DH is really more of a finesse class, and her skills lack a bit of the "oomph" that some of the other classes have by virtue of many of them being arrow strikes. Being more restricted on weapon types (pretty much bow types only, unlike the casters who get a benefit but ultiamtely don't care about their weapon so much) and having to juggle two different resources probably doesn't sound too enticing either.

Bullza2o

I cannot wait! I don't know which character to use though, since I only had time to play as Barbarian in the open beta. Are there any Undecided-GAF as well?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Waking up to this ot was like christmas morning...

I cant believe its actually happening. This is real folks.

Thanks CF for the OT

Valnen

If anyone is looking for a collector's edition and is willing to drive to the Sacramento area, the Fry's Electronics on Northgate Blvd and the one on North Sunrise will both be open from midnight to 1 for people who want to buy at midnight. I'm not sure they take preorders so this may be an opportunity for people in the Northern California area who haven't preordered for whatever reason. I just saw an ad for this in the corner of the Fry's ad in the newspaper today.

I've never seen them do this for any other video game, kinda cool.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I cannot wait! I don't know which character to use though, since I only had time to play as Barbarian in the open beta. Are there any Undecided-GAF as well?

I have same issue. Was only able to play dh and like 5 levels of wiz. Not sure who i want start play

mother of OT god.jpg

yeah. I managed to see the OT before I went to work this morning (work blocks all the images) and it is gorgeous. I gotta give props to CarbonatedFalcon. Definitely worth the wait, in true blizzard fashion. :)

In the beta I used Cleave and Heroic Leap on my mouse. Both such good skills I can't imagine a build without them.

I used Cleave for left click and Hammer of Ancients on right click. Heroic Leap as 1 on the keyboard.

Why can't we install and patch up early? I understand keeping the servers offline until Tuesday though.

we can, on monday.

Sweet! Less then a week to go and the OT is here. :)

Thanks CarbonatedFalcon for the awesome job with it! :D

You did those banners? If it was you or not, they look fantastic!

PS - Im playing a Barbarian. I loved the feel of each hit on the beta. do you guys ave tips on a good build? Could be a link too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
5. Group up. I'm positive there's some GAFfers here who will want to go through and see the story, not skip cutscenes, but Diablo is -way- more fun in a group than it is solo, trust me on that one. Also if you have questions about stuff, having other people around to ask said questions helps.

With the way loot works in D3 now, you'd be silly NOT to play with a group. The only thing that's selling me on the new Diablo is that loot is per user and not ninja-style. I wasn't blown away by the beta, but the fact that Diablo 3 has taken a proactive step towards loot and party mechanics is my <3

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
With the way loot works in D3 now, you'd be silly NOT to play with a group. The only thing that's selling me on the new Diablo is that loot is per user and not ninja-style. I wasn't blown away by the beta, but the fact that Diablo 3 has taken a proactive step towards loot and party mechanics is my <3

Wait, can someone explain how excatly that works please?

MajorPain

Why do they call it Diablo III and not Diablo 3?

Nice OT! I cannot wait to play this game this will be my first Diablo game. So for me this will be Diablo I or Diablo 1.

What I did for my fiancee was I went to the reveal.diablo3.com site and went through all the class videos one by one, then asked her which one looked the coolest and that she wanted to play (originally she thought DH, but settled on Wizard). After that, well, on launch day?

1. Click baddies 'til they die.
2. Ignore white/grey items, pick up gold and Blues/Yellows/Etc. The only exception to this is when you FIRST start your character, equip whatever you can, even if it's white. When you get a blue to replace it though...
3. Equip what you can, Sell or Salvage the rest. You'll be able to salvage gear once you get an artisan that allows it (Blacksmith, first couple hours of the game).
4. Experiment. Whenever you level up, you'll get a new skill or something, pop open your page and equip it! who knows, you might love it. If you don't, you can switch back just as easily.

Those are my basic tips. They really went out of their way to make a game that (finally!) doesn't require outside research. You really can just jump in and pick it up as you go.
Sounds great, it doesn't seem like it will be too hard to get into. I'm definitely looking forward to playing some co-op, a few of my friends are hardcore Diablo II fans so they are part of what got me interested in III. Time to see what all the hype is about.

well for your first time going through, people are probably hesitant to group up because you want to go more slowly, experience the story, not skip cutscenes, etc. But what's why I said to find a group of likeminded GAFfers or RL friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom