• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valnen

Wait, can someone explain how excatly that works please?

When a mob drops loot in multiplayer, it drops individually for each person. You cannot see their loot and they cannot see yours. This is to encourage strangers to play together.

It also means if you're playing with friends, more loot for everyone if your friends are the type to share :D.

Edit: The other angel beat me. >.>

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think loot drops just for you on bosses, and the others can't even see it. So you can pick it up without worry.

# players, everyone sees own loot. No ninja-ing.

When a mob drops loot in multiplayer, it drops individually for each person. You cannot see their loot and they cannot see yours. This is to encourage strangers to play together.

It also means if you're playing with friends, more loot for everyone if your friends are the type to share :D.

All of the loot you see on the ground can only be looted by you, essentially. Everyone gets their own drops so there is no way to steal loot. You can still trade, of course.

AWESOME!

Thanks guys.

All of the loot you see on the ground can only be looted by you, essentially. Everyone gets their own drops so there is no way to steal loot. You can still trade, of course.

yep, this. If something drops for you that someone else can use you can pick it up and trade it or drop it, but you dont' have to worry about anyone taking your stuff, so you can concentrate on the fun part: clicking on baddies. :D

red731

Nice. Hated that from D2, I never got any items from games cause I was way to slow in clicking on the loot. :p

This is why I love blizzard.
They took away speed clicking and made it more like single D2 experience where no one can steal anything.

ed: except your life

kyubajin

Great OT!

Now, who's going to play on a Mac...anyone?

On the recommended specs it says this:

√NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better.

I have an Intel HD graphics 3000 Card. The 30 minutes beta I played runned fine, but not with High settings. However my Laptop (it's a 2011 MacBook Pro btw) seemed like a dishwasher regarding noise... A little loud... So I'm a little worried since these Laptops don't have anywhere so the air can flow better!

I just don't want to kill it with fire for playing Diablo III in it.

Any kind fellow GAFfer mind to give me an opinion please?
I'm playing on a late 2009 27-inch iMac and during the beta everything went smooth at medium settings.

If you're going to have long sessios on that MBP what I recommend is getting a laptop cooler or something.

scy

I'm just happy I don't have to click every single pile of gold. Saw that when I played the beta and I'm pretty sure I started to weep.

red731

I played a trapsin, so I always got shit for drops. D3 fixes that and makes my life more enjoyable. :)

Imagine ranged character and seven melee ones.
You could just pretend you aren't there
KuGsj.gif

Island

First OT that I am really hyped to be a part of. (By part of I mean, posting in, I had no hand in creating it)

Great job on creating it, cant wait for launch now!

Sn4ke_911

and the loot is for everyone always different? is it completely random? or does the skeleton king let's say drop a ring, a sword and a bow, like in WoW.

Player 1 gets the bow

Player 2 gets the ring

or is it always completely random like you never know what the mob is dropping?

In the beta I used Cleave and Heroic Leap on my mouse. Both such good skills I can't imagine a build without them.

Cleave is kind of a no brainer, indeed. I'd replace it with Bash for bossfights I think, the rune that has a (30%?) chance to stun is pretty good for boss encounters. The SK stood no chance.

Nice to login this morning and see the OT up... took long enough (I kid)

Still not sure on which class I'll main. I'm thinking either Witch Doctor or Demon Hunter - I was leaning toward Witch Doctor but I falling back into Demon Hunter territory now. Honestly I'll probably end up playing both, plus the other characters, rather equally for a few hours until I finally make up my mind.

red731

and the loot is for everyone always different? is it completely random? or does the skeleton king let's say drop a ring, a sword and a bow, like in WoW.

Player 1 gets the bow

Player 2 gets the ring

Dude, yes
KuGsj.gif

Everything is different for everyone.

edit: I LOST IT :lol
Effin LotR
and my axe

Valnen

So who was everyone's favorite angel from the Wrath video?

I really liked Itherael. Teleporting around like a boss.

FtHTiny

Player 1 gets the bow

Player 2 gets the ring

it´s always random. You can totally end up with a bow and a wizard orb as barbarian after a boss dies. And the other player with you gets his own 2+ loots, if it fits your class or not.

Sn4ke_911

Dude, yes
KuGsj.gif

Everything is different for everyone.

edit: I LOST IT :lol
Effin LotR
and my axe

it´s always random. You can totally end up with a bow and a wizard orb as barbarian after a boss dies. And the other player with you gets his own 2+ loots, if it fits your class or not.

Holy fuck now i know why we're so hyped for this.

red731

I like the wisdom one - taking those spinning sickles and throwing them back like a boss.
You can tell he is wise.

Was that the fate one? Yeah, he was kind of a baller.

Personally I kick it OG style with Tyrael. Even without his sword, total baller. Also, gives 2 shits about mortals, so, even better.

Ezio

Was that the fate one? Yeah, he was kind of a baller.

Personally I kick it OG style with Tyrael. Even without his sword, total baller. Also, gives 2 shits about mortals, so, even better.

Tyrael ++ so bamf and his "wings" are by far the best.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Imagine ranged character and seven melee ones.
You could just pretend you aren't there
KuGsj.gif

When we played MedianXL and he played a summon Necro, I DID just stand there a good chunk of the time on the crazy hard secret areas. His summons took care of everything.

Also, I'm surprised some people didn't know about loot in D3. That was like, the BIGGEST thing they changed about multiplayer. And as it was already put, your class does not influence what drops from monsters.

can we have some baseless speculation about some of the bosses we're gonna fight? I don't wanna scare off people in the OT (or get shunned), but I think it'd be neat to discuss.

forrest

formerly nacire
Okay the Battletag list has been updated to this point in the thread. If you've posted your battletag already and it's not in the list shoot me a pm. Otherwise, continue posting them here. Thanks!

The OT looks great Carbon! I can't believe it's almost time now!!! So fucking hyped! Time to bring my avatar up to speed I think!!!

red731

can we have some baseless speculation about some of the bosses we're gonna fight? I don't wanna scare off people in the OT (or get shunned), but I think it'd be neat to discuss.

Most of us will fight more or less with our real lives, so...

Also spoiler tag your speculations, please.

Aesthet1c

Does anyone know if followers are still going to be active in multiplayer? Or are they only active when you solo? I always noticed my follower in the beta when I was playing solo, but never noticed any when I played multiplayer.

Also, amazing job on the OT Falcon, we really appreciate your hard work (and everyone else that was involved).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom