• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Completing the Beta took 4 hours-ish with one character solo and that is like half, or a third of ACT 1, so you'll definitely get way more than 10 hours from the entire game.

And you need like level 30 to pass to Nightmare.

That's what I'm doing. Not by choice though. Only getting it sometime in the morning.
I do have a meeting with a client in the afternoon. Still trying to figure out how to get that shit moved.

You can talk about diablo III :D

Anustart

Omg finally. I've been waiting for this game for over a decade or do. I look forward to farming Meph for some sweet loot with my GAF teammates!

Rokk

Neo Member
Okay so I've just found out about elective mode. Wow, not sure how I missed that - it's a bit of a game changer.

oh, man, OT time!

going to be claiming this avatar:

fx0D0.jpg

hope nobody else called dibs.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
My first playthrough will be Singleplayer so that i can stay a while and listen without people skipping the dialogues.

Private game here too.

I will be doing normal alone, and will join GAF crew on nightmare.

So, I wrote a short Diablo III Guide. I thought at least Elective mode would get a mention in the OT, but I didn´t see it. Feel free to add tips.

Diablo III for Dummies ;)

Options
-Go to Gameplay options and make sure Elective mode is ticked. Elective mode enables you to choose whatever skill you want in each slot that is available.
Instead of default mode where you only can choose one skill per category.

Damage
-Even if you are a wizard, wear a crossbow if that weapon is the strongest you have, since weapon damage increases the DPS you make with most of your skills/spells.

-Depending on which class you are, one attribute increases your DPS:
Strength: Barbarian
Dexterity: DH and Monk
Intelligence: WD and Wizard

If you want to increase your DPS, you get gear/skill that increases above attribute depending on class you are playing with.

In-Game
-Always pick up items that are not white/grey since at worst case you can salvage material and craft new items at blacksmith.

-Items you put in chest can be shared by your other characters.

-Items that are dropped are individual, meaning what you see can only be picked up by you.

EDIT: Woohoo, I am a member :)

About the elective mode, the default setting restricts what skills you're allowed to level up? I haven't played D3 yet, I couldn't get the installer to work for open beta, but from a D2 vet stand point this seems really odd.

Is the official Blizzard site the best place to read up on how the skill system works exactly?

Robin64

Was the chaining-elites-for-loot mechanic working in beta? That and unique-loot-per-player are the two most awesome additions to the loot grind aspect.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
There's no separation between "SP" and "MP" characters like in D2 in D3 right?

FtHTiny

Was the chaining-elites-for-loot mechanic working in beta? That and unique-loot-per-player are the two most awesome additions to the loot grind aspect.

if i remember correctly this will only work with a max level character. In the beta this couldn´t be tested at any point.

y, i found the bluepost:
Link

Twinduct

You can talk about diablo III :D

heh I would like to see the look on his face as I explain to him the fundamentals that makes a Crit built DH :p

But no rush with the game I guess. As long as I can get past the SK on the 15th, I'll be happy.

Ryan_

kjSPJ.jpg

My first post in this legendary thread! I'll be claiming this if noone else has?

My craving and longing for this game is just crazy, I'm even dreaming about it.

JonCha

Fear not! There are more than enough Diablo Vets here that will happily fill this thread with crazy, random goodness.

Good, because I'm watching a beta playthrough and it look sort of hardcore. To be honest it looks a bit boring watching someone play, though the area looks pretty early.

Raide

Good, because I'm watching a beta playthrough and it look sort of hardcore. To be honest it looks a bit boring watching someone play, though the area looks pretty early.

Most Diablo clones start you off being pretty weak, taking several hits and misses to kill simple monsters and it takes a while to ramp up to the point where you feel pretty powerful. Diablo 3 actually starts you off being pretty powerful and it just goes up. :D

Of course the added difficulties do make things harder. More monsters with more abilities and more to think about as you kill and loot everything. The added co-op does make things more difficult but more rewarding.

FoxSpirit

Will be interesting to see how it holds up. Been playing a ton of LoL, Let's see if there is kind of zoning, tanking and diving gameplay or it's mostly "kite mob and kill".
The merc hopefully will help out nicely in SP.

SteveWD40

I am seriously at the point of rage regarding the downloader / installer. I know it's an issue with Win7 64bit (at least that seems to be the common denominator with me and others on the fourms) but I downloaded the beta just fine back in Novemeber.

Now I can't DL the beta client, the full client or the WoW client (to test if it was Blizzard) without the downloader running at sub 50kbs then crashing. I can dl from Steam and others at 1.5 mbs easily.

Tried disabling p2p, tried deleting the "agent" thing, running as admin. It bothers me more that it worked fine before as nothing has changed at my end...

Might try this port forwarding thing before I start cutting myself.

Bru

Just six days of torture and hype to go before my social life goes down the toilet.

Bring it on Blizzard, bring it on.

FoxSpirit

I am seriously at the point of rage regarding the downloader / installer. I know it's an issue with Win7 64bit (at least that seems to be the common denominator with me and others on the fourms) but I downloaded the beta just fine back in Novemeber.

Now I can't DL the beta client, the full client or the WoW client (to test if it was Blizzard) without the downloader running at sub 50kbs then crashing. I can dl from Steam and others at 1.5 mbs easily.

Tried disabling p2p, tried deleting the "agent" thing, running as admin. It bothers me more that it worked fine before as nothing has changed at my end...

Might try this port forwarding thing before I start cutting myself.
Win 7/64 here and preloading worked without a hitch, then again I wasn't in the beta so maybe the problem comes from there?

Punisher

Neo Member
I'm glad they've made the wise decision to allow pre-installing and patching on the 14th. This way, I can spam my login credentials like a crazy person as soon as it becomes a minute or two from midnight PDT.

This is nice as I'm planning on playing on an Asian server (Korean one would probably be best from Japan). And if I'm right, the Asian servers will be up earlier than the NA one or?

I read this somewhere...

Finally updated to release date shipping on my Amazon CE.

Unfortunately I have a court date that day (not a criminal!).

Then I graduate later that week.

And I have family in town for two weeks starting on the 13.

And then I start a summer course the Monday after.

I'll be playing for like an hour a day for the first two months. Well, there are always weekends!

Mulligan

Banned
I've been waiting for this for 4 years, was so hyped. But, alas.. i won't be getting the game now after weeks of torment from telling myself how addicted i will be and i just can't let that happen. Have fun guys..

colinp

Banned
Was OS X performance of the weekend beta a reliable indication of how the final game will run? Because for some reason it ran TERRIBLY on my MacBook even on the lowest settings, despite being (marginally) above the system requirements.

sazzy

This is one damn fine OT man....also this many pages overnight? I said gotdamn
KuGsj.gif

this OT is going to grow exponentially as the launch date nears.

kinda glad i can quarantine my inner geek freak out in this one thread away from irl people who would probably think i'm insane if i geek out in front of them lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I've been waiting for this for 4 years, was so hyped. But, alas.. i won't be getting the game now after weeks of torment from telling myself how addicted i will be and i just can't let that happen. Have fun guys..

I know what you mean and i'm a little bit worried too. I played World of Warcraft for 2 years or so and fell in a pretty deep hole. I said to myself never again.

But D3 is different. It's not like you need 40 people to clear a freakin dungeon. But on the other hand, yeah sure "addicted" is a good word combined with Diablo.

Naeblish

Wow, how do you even do that? I waited 4 years for this too, but there is no way in hell i'm skipping this one, probably couldn't even restrain myself from buying it for one day, waited too long for that.

Goon Boon

Banned
Did blizzard change their minds on no 8-player multiplayer? That's sort of the breaking point for me and I hope they did. :/

The_Monk

Great OT!

Now, who's going to play on a Mac...anyone?

On the recommended specs it says this:

√NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better.

I have an Intel HD graphics 3000 Card. The 30 minutes beta I played runned fine, but not with High settings. However my Laptop (it's a 2011 MacBook Pro btw) seemed like a dishwasher regarding noise... A little loud... So I'm a little worried since these Laptops don't have anywhere so the air can flow better!

I just don't want to kill it with fire for playing Diablo III in it.

Any kind fellow GAFfer mind to give me an opinion please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom