• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

I've been waiting for this for 4 years, was so hyped. But, alas.. i won't be getting the game now after weeks of torment from telling myself how addicted i will be and i just can't let that happen. Have fun guys..

I will game with extra vigour knowing we have lost a brother :(

Mulligan

Banned
I know what you mean and i'm a little bit worried too. I played World of Warcraft for 2 years or so and fell in a pretty deep hole. I said to myself never again.

But D3 is different. It's not like you need 40 people to clear a freakin dungeon. But on the other hand, yeah sure "addicted" is a good word combined with Diablo.

Well truth is, it was either Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2 for me. I've been hyped as fuck for both for around 4 years now and did plan on picking up both. With a high chance that GW2 will be out next month, i came to the realisation that there is no way i could play both and retain my social life at the same time, which is pretty important to me right now. That, and all my friends will be buying GW2 and only one was going to buy D3, so for the reasons above i had to go with GW2. It really sucks that i won't get to play a game that i've been waiting for all this time, seeing as the beta lived up to all my expectations.. maybe in a few years i'll have the chance to give it a go.

Soule

Well truth is, it was either Diablo 3 or Guild Wars 2 for me. I've been hyped as fuck for both for around 4 years now and did plan on picking up both. With a high chance that GW2 will be out next month, i came to the realisation that there is no way i could play both and retain my social life at the same time, which is pretty important to me right now. That, and all my friends will be buying GW2 and only one was going to buy D3, so for the reasons above i had to go with GW2. It really sucks that i won't get to play a game that i've been waiting for all this time, seeing as the beta lived up to all my expectations.. maybe in a few years i'll have the chance to give it a go.

I'll still be there dawg.

Number45

I won't be building pre planned builds for my first hero. I want to get to the end of Nightmare by experimenting with skills and runes of my first Witch Doctor class. I want to discover strategies myself and not be tainted with builds of other people. That's why I haven't looked at skills or runes beyond level 20 or so for any class.

I can't be the only one right?

I guess it will take longer but it doesn't matter to me coz I don't plan to rush through.

This is a gourmet meal I will be nibbling on for a long long time.
I want to do this as well. It'll be my first time in on the ground floor for something like this, and the game seems designed to allow you to tinker. I'm sure in later life I'll look to more optimised builds though.

I've been waiting for this for 4 years, was so hyped. But, alas.. i won't be getting the game now after weeks of torment from telling myself how addicted i will be and i just can't let that happen. Have fun guys..
Learn some self control, you shouldn't have to miss out.

Twinduct

No go on convincing the retailer to get the serial key earlier. I just have to keep it together come 15th. Maybe take a long bath with some oils and play some Enya in the background.

Sail away

Soule

No go on convincing the retailer to get the serial key earlier. I just have to keep it together come 15th. Maybe take a long bath with some oils and play some Enya in the background.

Sail away

image.php

Devastating.

At first I was really annoyed that servers go up at 5pm local time but now I'm pretty happy it gives me a chance to check out shops for cheaper deals and I might maybe have a chance to snag a CE and still get home install it all and get stocked up for a good nights worth of clicking.

Cirdan

Neo Member
That, and all my friends will be buying GW2 and only one was going to buy D3, so for the reasons above i had to go with GW2.

GW2 won't most likely be out for months so there is plenty of time for both. You should convince your friends that Diablo 3 is perfect for spending time between the Beta Weekend Events and actually waiting for the release. That's what I'm doing at least.

Also for the battletag list:

Cirdan
Heimdallr#2220
Europe
Barbarian

Twinduct

image.php

Devastating.

At first I was really annoyed that servers go up at 5pm local time but now I'm pretty happy it gives me a chance to check out shops for cheaper deals and I might maybe have a chance to snag a CE and still get home install it all and get stocked up for a good nights worth of clicking.

Nah I'm just spoiled :<
I asked the online retailer if they could email me the key on the 14th. They said they could only email it me in the morning of the 15th.

I was ok with this, since I didn't plan to start playing in the wee hours of the 15th anyway. But somewhere between then and now the hype got to me, so I pushed my luck to see if I could budge them on the date, which failed. But that's ok. At least I 'reminded' them to send me the key come opening time on the 15th :)

KaYotiX

Banned
Wife and I can't wait!! Each of us have a CE paid for already :)

We also took vacation next week. Going to be awesome!!!

Was barely thinking about this game lately with Guild Wars 2, but all of a sudden I am hyped to hell for this game. Can't wait for the 15th! Is three days off work enough? Nehhh better go 5.

Why are there 14 pages? It hasn't even been 12 hours! The game isn't out for another 6 days!

I'm annoyed that I have 3 projects due on the 17th and a final on the 21st, so I'm going to have to delay my enjoyment.

Completing the Beta took 4 hours-ish with one character solo and that is like half, or a third of ACT 1, so you'll definitely get way more than 10 hours from the entire game.

Is it really half/a third of ACT 1? I thought it was the whole act, which would be rather short.

Excellent OT. Was originally going to wait for my $50 Newegg copy to arrive late next week but all this hype has made me cancel that preorder and get it on amazon so i can play day 1. Sigh, damn you guys...

ShaneB

Jesus this thread moves fast, I want to read every post, but it's daunting! :p

Also... man... the more I think about Barbarian, that's what I'm drawn too for a first run.

Just realized as well that the weekend after release is a long weekend for us Canucks, great timing :D Thanks Queen Victoria!

Tacitus_

Bah, the shop I bough my copy from won't be able to hold a midnight sale since they moved to a new place. Oh well, at least this means I'll go to school that day >_>

Also... man... the more I think about Barbarian, that's what I'm drawn too for a first run.

Just realized as well that the weekend after release is a long weekend for us Canucks, great timing :D Thanks Queen Victoria!

I was completely surprised by how much fun I had playing a Barb in the beta. I usually hate warrior/melee type classes, and it ended up jumping up to my second character type after Wizard.

Serious. The funny thing is I finally had a chance to talk to all my friends last night and like a third or more are rolling barbs first. Difference is, I know I'm going to be playing barb more, so the loot still goes to me first! Then when they catch up, I'll roll DH, because NOBODY wants to roll a DH. :p

sazzy

We might get to OT2 before the game launches. That will be a first, no?

HYPE!

I have the next 2 days off as I worked the last 12 days without a break. Now I'm regretting it coz I'll probably just sit at home all day and be in this thread :|

Tacitus_

Hmm, could you rebind the actionbar keys to a mouse button in the beta? Just ordered a new mouse since my current one is dying and it'll have a couple of thumb buttons I could use...

This will be my first Diablo experience. Can't wait!

This is going to be my fiancee's first diablo game as well, and I'll tell you what I told her: you couldn't have picked a better time to start. The game system is so much more elegant, the game is so much clearer than d2 that it's not even funny. You're going to have a blast :D

Tunic

Great job with the OT! The release is finally getting close to being a reality. The 15th cannot come soon enough!

This is going to be my fiancee's first diablo game as well, and I'll tell you what I told her: you couldn't have picked a better time to start. The game system is so much more elegant, the game is so much clearer than d2 that it's not even funny. You're going to have a blast :D
Glad to hear it man, I'm pretty excited to jump in head first. Do you have any tips for a Diablo noob? I haven't settled on a class yet...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Hey guys what's going on in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom