• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

spirity

Hazaro here on GAF :3

b1HlS.png

Ok

Xater

I am really glad I got an authenticator before the game came out. It sucks though that Blizzard had no Diablo themed ones. Having a Starcraft 2 was is cool but having Diablo there would have been cooler.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
On a second though, the whole SC2GAF community takes care of me... I ♥ them!

Hopefully D3GAF will be just as cool :3

scy

No, on 14th you can install the game and download the first patch.

Isn't that what I said?

...maybe I don't know what pre-load means. Right now, we have the installer but can't do anything with it until the 14th. Come the 14th, we can install and then just need to put in our key the 15th to start playing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If you live in Sweden and want a CE (please, this means you couldn't reserve the CE for whatever reason), PM me please :)

Xater

Isn't that what I said?

...maybe I don't know what pre-load means. Right now, we have the installer but can't do anything with it until the 14th. Come the 14th, we can install and then just need to put in our key the 15th to start playing.

Pre-loading means downloading the game, that's what you can already do.

scy

I am really glad I got an authenticator before the game came out. It sucks though that Blizzard had no Diablo themed ones. Having a Starcraft 2 was is cool but having Diablo there would have been cooler.

They've said they plan to have the Diablo III one up for sale on Monday. I'm not quite sure why not before so it can arrive by the 15th but whatever.

Riggs

Banned
You know your really hyped for a game when you start to dream about it!

I had a dream my game shipped on Monday and I was playing that baby all night and there was no server problems~

And then I woke up :(
Dude I know!! I've dreamed about this game 3 nights in a row.

Xater

They've said they plan to have the Diablo III one up for sale on Monday. I'm not quite sure why not before so it can arrive by the 15th but whatever.

That's pretty poor planing on their end. I am not going to get another one.

Xater

I have already read that you can only try to log in every 40 second on launch day, so the servers don't get hammered more than they already will be. I am sure it was already mentioned here though...

Yeah, seems weird. I'm just using the free app one for now. I'll probably grab the physical one just for the sake of having it. Well, if I like the design.

I used the app before but because I had to call them twice already to get my old phone seperated from my account I went with the physical thing. I totally know it's my fault for not thinking about doing it myself, so I payed the price to be on the safe side.

theta11

I was under the assumption it was the actual install and everything so you can be ready to play once the game unlocks :x

They said the installer will unlock 24 hours before the game goes live or something like that.

EDIT: Early Install
We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

zlatko

Banned
I cradle little Yoshi in my arms when I'm on GAF.

I whisper sweet nothings in his ears like, "Stay awhile and listen..."

Hauk

Neo Member
Crap, trolled myself with that updated enGB launcher download, read the first part of the news post and deleted the old folder. As I started the downloader again from 0, I read the rest of the story explaining the 50mb patch. :< (though I'm not sure if I can do anything with the pre-load files if I'm getting the boxed version?)

Oh well, gotta do something while waiting :d

mxgt

Banned
I decided to not take the day off work on Tuesday predicting that there will be server issues.

I'll cry if it everything is smooth.

bengraven

Not sure if posted yet, but here is the Walmart.com item description for Diablo 3:
"The Diablo III PC/Mac Game revolves around an interesting plot which will keep you spell bound. while you are playing. This Strategy Video Game also has some similar setting as the Diablo II like Tristram. The Witch Doctor is a new character in this game, is reminiscent of the Diablo II Necromancer, The Barbarians in this strategy video game have a variety of revamped skills at their disposal on the basis of the use of their incredible physical prowess. Bring home the PC video game to solve the mysteries of the mighty Barbarians."

Is that the new "robot journalism" I keep hearing about?

scy

Nah, preloading means you have the files on your HDD ready for action.

They said the installer will unlock 24 hours before the game goes live or something like that.

EDIT: Early Install
We will be unlocking the game's installer at 8:01 a.m. PDT on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.

Yeah, I was just always working under the impression pre-loading was the actual "game installed and ready to go" and not just having the files. Semantics, I guess? Good to know, anyway!

So, in that case, you can pre-load now, install the 14th, and then just wait for the servers to come up on the 15th so you can put in your key and start playing
for 10 minutes before everything crashes

If it goes down at midnight and doesn't come back up until I get my copy from UPS around 3-5ish PM, that's fine with me.

/selfishdick

I'm with you on this! :)

Yoshichan

Lyonaz

Totally forgot i had this!! look what i found in the storage room :D

1pZ6b.jpg

Holy shit, I totally forgot I still have that poster and the WWI '08 one in their carton tube. I didn't get mine signed though:(, missed out on the signing. I need to buy me a frame to hang it on my wall.

Thanks for reminding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom