• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
1462.jpg

Be a tragedy if Yoshi was grounded and couldn't play D3.

I will ban everyone in this thread if Yoshi cant play D3 :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1462.jpg

Be a tragedy if Yoshi was grounded and couldn't play D3.
A meteor could land in my house and it wouldn't stop me from playing :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
iUpGA.gif

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

Junie12

You know your really hyped for a game when you start to dream about it!

I had a dream my game shipped on Monday and I was playing that baby all night and there was no server problems~

And then I woke up :(

Yoshichan

Yes, normal is the only difficulty that is unlocked at start. At level 10, hardcore unlocks. You progress from normal -> nightmare -> hell -> inferno with one character. If you create a new character, you have to go through the same procedure again.

The level cap is 60. It doesn't get above that, ever. You'll get like 1-30 on normal, 30-45 on nightmare and 45-60 on hell. And you play inferno at level 60, for the loot.

awesome

this got me so much more hyped

question

can my multiplayer character be my singleplayer character and vice versa vice ?!

scy

Anyone else always carefully analyze these desk photos for something embarrassing? A used tissue, a half-opened can of petroleum jelly, anything really.

I cleaned my desk before my shot :x Only thing besides my PC stuff (and Vita) in it was a giant beer mug
of water T.T

To be fair, I'd be too busy playing to even notice. Until work, anyway.

Yoshichan

can my multiplayer character be my singleplayer character and vice versa vice ?!
There's no singleplayer in Diablo 3, you always have to log in to your Battle.net account. But yes, you can create your own game and make it private if you want to play solo (and then make it public whenever you want people to join you).

RPGCrazied

I got it signed on WWI'08 (had to track down a few different people on the floor, but still worth it :p)

Also this:

http://i.imgur.com/aeN78.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

Very cool. I don't have any autographs. The only one I have is from Q from Star Trek, when I went to a Star Trek convention years ago. :P

zlatko

Banned
Wait so what's this of having to redownload the whole client 8GB's ?

I definitely got the digitial "global" version before today. Do I have to uninstall all of what was downloaded and go all over again? :(

scy

All characters are multiplayer, technically. To play by yourself you just host a private game and don't invite anyone :x

I definitely got the digitial "global" version before today. Do I have to uninstall all of what was downloaded and go all over again? :(

Think it's just the EU installer and if you point the download to the directory, you just download the missing bits and not the whole thing.

Yoshichan

Whats the deal with this ingame sigil stuff that you can claim? Are they not present if you dont do this stuff?
They're exclusive, so yeah you won't be able to get them any other way.
It will probably slow down when the game is out. At least at first =P
I for one will completely stop posting once it's out. I will probably post once every 24 hours, and that'll be an "update" post that explains what level I am, how I'm enjoying the game etc.

Avellon

Whats the deal with this ingame sigil stuff that you can claim? Are they not present if you dont do this stuff?

They're simply for unlocking more cosmetic options for customizing your banner in-game.

You unlock a sigil for each class that you can decorate the middle of your banner with.

If you don't unlock them you won't have them in game, but you will still have all the default customization options

Yoshichan

Only if you had enGB or German-version.
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

lordy88

Does it bother anyone else how the legendary items are being handled?

- Some unique stats + random affixes for every legendary item
- Random amount of legendary items per item type (2 mighty weapons, 7 quivers, 4 orbs, etc.)
- Less total than LoD even though there are more item types.

I personally absolutely loved uniques from the previous game, and I think they are what made the game incredibly interesting. You would make entire builds around certain items, and knowing instantly what it meant getting that item was a cool feeling.

There's no singleplayer in Diablo 3, you always have to log in to your Battle.net account. But yes, you can create your own game and make it private if you want to play solo (and then make it public whenever you want people to join you).

There is no offline singleplayer, so yeah.

To be more specific, any character you make can play co-op online, or solo online.

ah yes! I forgot about that!

see, playing d2 confused me because of the singleplayer / multiplayer :p

chris-013

Do i have to post it to facebook? nothing happens when i click on finish.

No, you just receive one email per class.

You just need to launch the new downloader then select the same directory and download about 50 Mb ! I have done it on my PC and MBA !

Tacitus_

Does it bother anyone else how the legendary items are being handled?

- Some unique stats + random affixes for every legendary item
- Random amount of legendary items per item type (2 mighty weapons, 7 quivers, 4 orbs, etc.)
- Less total than LoD even though there are more item types.

I personally absolutely loved uniques from the previous game, and I think they are what made the game incredibly interesting. You would make entire builds around certain items, and knowing instantly what it meant getting that item was a cool feeling.

Are you speaking about the items on the official site? They are very place holder-y. Not to mention that D3 will have an expansion in the pipe which will add loads of items - LoD was an expansion so comparing D2 + LoD to baseline D3 is not completely fair.

zlatko

Banned
Okay good don't have to redownload and install.

I just got up from 12 glorious hours of sleep. I haven't slept that long in months. Feel soooo gooooood.

More game of thrones today to help time flow. Hopefully my new keyboard and mouse shows up before Tuesday even though it's mentioned both show up Tuesday. :(

I have 2 copies of the game paid off for. Digitial copy and my gamestop version since I want the box so bad. Extra key is being sold to a fellow GAFfer.

Stay awhile...and go broke for Diablo.

BigFwoosh

This may have been answered already, but what's up with the "you have to delete some beta files manually" thing? I mean, how would anyone even know that having those files will be a problem if the game isn't even installable yet?

scy

Another question:

Is there a legitimate/legal way for those of us who ordered physical copies to pre-load the client?

It'll be available for pre-loading on the 14th. You'll just need to put in your key when your copy arrives.

This may have been answered already, but what's up with the "you have to delete some beta files manually" thing? I mean, how would anyone even know that having those files will be a problem if the game isn't even installable yet?

Blizzard told us to do it, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom