• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I completely forgot about drinking water, thanks for the tip! Pollen isn't helping me either, it's especially extremely powerful in Sweden right now :_:

edit: filled a bottle with water! Sooo good.
Sometimes I think you're a little child.

I mean, goddamn.

RPGCrazied

Windows

Windows® Vista/7 (latest service packs)
Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 5600+ 2.8 GHz
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce® 260 or ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 or better

Nice. Should be able to max it then. I knew we were posting set up pics earlier, and here is mine. Messy desks ftw. :p

100_0406.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sometimes I think you're a little child.

I mean, goddamn.
But I am a child
vYAQK.gif

wat

Drinking water is like the most important thing to do if you plan on playing this game for a shitload of time, don't forget it man. Unless you want to be pissing stones later or even worse.
It's not about me not wanting to drink water. I just don't go and drink unless I'm eating, and since I'm never eating, I'm never drinking.

Kiraly

But I am a child
vYAQK.gif

It's not about me not wanting to drink water. I just don't go and drink unless I'm eating, and since I'm never eating, I'm never drinking.

Best to keep a large bottle of water filled next to you at all times when on the pc. Sippin' on dat shit all day like jenever you know

RPGCrazied

Anyone else always carefully analyze these desk photos for something embarrassing? A used tissue, a half-opened can of petroleum jelly, anything really.

FYI, the small blue cloth is for my e-reader screen. The big blue one is my micro fiber cloth to get dust off my computer monitor screen and desk. :p

Island

AAAAAAAANNNNND work is done! Off for 4 days yeaaahhh!

So now it is just an horrible wait until the 15th, at least cutting the grass and Mother's Day will take up some of that time....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No? I'm thinking they are following the WoW CE and offer one. I guess I'll have to keep using Deathwing then.
The CE-content is in the OP :)

Yoshichan

Not sure, but guess these dudes never heard of electronic copies or amazon. Seriously I have no idea why people would do that nowadays...
It's Sweden bro, they're all vikings!

#1 in the line: You get the Diablo III CE for free
#2-3 in the line: You get the regular version for free
#1-10 in the line: You get a free D3 t-shirt
#1-15 in the line: You get a secret bonus PC game
#1-100 in the line: You get a free D3 poster

Wow, that is awesome! I would kill a yoshi for even a poster.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore

U got me at vikings... the rest I couldn't care less :).

I'm going to feel like Samwise in Fellowship Of The Ring when I finally open that cemetery gate after the Skeleton King.

"This is it. If I take one more step, I'll be the farthest away from home I've ever been."

Yoshichan

Wow, that is awesome! I would kill a yoshi for even a poster.
Both Blizzard and Steelseries took notice of this early line, so they gave them a bunch of stuff (mousepads, headphones, posters etc).

Yoshichan

Einbroch

Banned
Sadly I won't be playing this until Tuesday afternoon. I go out of town every week and don't have a laptop.

Ah well. Sleep sounds good anyway.

Yoshichan

no way...! mousepads and headphones would be god-like giveaways!
Steelseries and Blizzard are awesome like that! (Well, Steelseries latest mice sucks ass, but other than that, they are my ♥)

I've literally been complaining about this for days.

Welcome to the "CE purchasing underclass"

It really is terrible. I don't understand how this isn't a huge deal with lots of publicity. Considering you need an online connection to play this game there's no reason for them to not simply ship the CE's out early. I mean WTF?

This is un-fucking-believable... and no, I don't give a shit about WoW anymore so the annual subscription is just a waste of money to me.

UGH

LordCanti

It really is terrible. I don't understand how this isn't a huge deal with lots of publicity. Considering you need an online connection to play this game there's no reason for them to not simply ship the CE's out early. I mean WTF?

This is un-fucking-believable... and no, I don't give a shit about WoW anymore so the annual subscription is just a waste of money to me.

UGH

Believe me, I know.

Raide

UGH

I am surprised they did not sort out to send out the Keys for those that had ordered them. They have a list, so they know who has it. I guess they might be worried about security but they.

What they should do it auto add the CD-Key to people's Battle.net account.

oneils

Anyone know if I will be able to play this in windowed mode?

I am assuming so. If so does anyone know to get the window border to disappear? Sometimes there is a "hack" you can do to the shortcut to do this.

Yoshichan

Anyone know if I will be able to play this in windowed mode?

I am assuming so. If so does anyone know to get the window border to disappear? Sometimes there is a "hack" you can do to the shortcut to do this.
You can choose between fullscreen, windows and fullscreen (windowed). The latter means that you see everything in fullscreen, but when you alt tab it goes out instantly as if you were playing the game windowed.

The internet is not safe anymore :(

that's why I love GAF... I know (FOR THE MOST PART) that gaf is safe :)

and if someone messes up.. the banhammer is droppped ! (or was dumb enough to look at a spoiler tag..)

however, AFTER the game releases, and a TON of new people join the thread for the release... I will be exiting and won't return till my normal run is over

QUESTION FOLKS

Okay, I have a question about how the difficulties work..

at first, is only normal unlocked? I know you have to get to level 10 and that's when hardcore is unlocked..

but after that, how do you unlock nightmare / inferno?

do you play normal - > nightmare - > inferno?

can you use the same character on different difficulties?

is the level cap 60?

if so 60, then after switching to a higher difficulty, does the level cap increase (new game + ?) ?

Look when I preordered it... and now there might not be supplies.

ibwvmyv531BBMJ.jpg

Yeah, that's the rumour going around at the moment. Amazon EU/UK have messed up and have mistakenly 'skipped' over the people who preordered it at £22 and shipped out to people who have ordered within the last week at £35...

Yoshichan

at first, is only normal unlocked? I know you have to get to level 10 and that's when hardcore is unlocked..

is the level cap 60?

if so 60, then after switching to a higher difficulty, does the level cap increase (new game + ?) ?
Yes, normal is the only difficulty that is unlocked at start. At level 10, hardcore unlocks. You progress from normal -> nightmare -> hell -> inferno with one character. If you create a new character, you have to go through the same procedure again.

The level cap is 60. It doesn't get above that, ever. You'll get like 1-30 on normal, 30-45 on nightmare and 45-60 on hell. And you play inferno at level 60, for the loot.

oneils

You can choose between fullscreen, windows and fullscreen (windowed). The latter means that you see everything in fullscreen, but when you alt tab it goes out instantly as if you were playing the game windowed.

Thanks man. I Have two monitors and hoping I can play on the one and move over to the other without alt tabbing.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
QUESTION FOLKS

Okay, I have a question about how the difficulties work..

is the level cap 60?

You start on normal, and unlock nightmare then hell and finally inferno.

Yes, you can use the same char.

Inferno is only level 60 starting with mobs at level 61, and should be very very hard.

Yeah, that's the rumour going around at the moment. Amazon EU/UK have messed up and have mistakenly 'skipped' over the people who preordered it at £22 and shipped out to people who have ordered within the last week at £35...

That would be very low.

I hope it gets dispatched on Monday as it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom