• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

Audίoboxer;37807615 said:
Ahh interesting to know, for whatever reason I thought I read somewhere that loot drops are tailored to players in co-op - Players will basically all get their own individual loot drops from enemies. Must of dreamed that haha.

I can see how it would be minor however, but it is one less headache for us to be constantly trading gear and deciding who's turn it is for the new loot.

Sorry, I should've been a bit more clear. You do get your own loot--that is, an enemy drops two items then you get two and anyone else in the game also gets two. It's not class specific, though, so your Monk may get a sweet Wizard Orb. Just nice to have a partner that needs vastly different equipment so you basically get twice the chance of sweet items for you.

spirity

Here you go ;)

1q85y.jpg

I said god damn.

Any chance there's a 1680x1050 version knocking about?

nm, scaled it down

Audioboxer

You get individual loot in the sense that no one can ninja your drops. Doesn't mean that you'll get loot for your class, however.

Ah right I understand now. So when she gets STR/DEX drops she could trade them to me if my char was barb/dh, and I INT gear to her.

Hope you guys can help me.

Went on Battle.net which is in portuguese (Brazil), it says my account doesnt have an authenticator.

It says I can get one if I have a smartphone or purchase one from Blizzard Store (North America site).

But when I go there there are 2 authenticators that can be used in Latin America - One for WoW and one for SC2.

Nothing for Diablo 3. Should I wait till they have one or one of these will work with Diablo?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Audίoboxer;37807768 said:
Ah right I understand now. So when she gets STR/DEX drops she could trade them to me if my char was barb/dh, and I INT gear to her.
Yes sir! This includes crafting as-well. If you craft gear and the randomization gives you INT-gear, you can give it to her and vice-versa. So basically, you'll be spending your scraps more efficiently.

Raide

Audίoboxer;37807768 said:

Yeah, just drop on the floor or direct trade them. Or put in your Shared Loot for another character. :D

So I know that it's been talked about but does anyone know if setting your blizz authenticator to only once a week ties it to a single ip or range? So if I try to log in from the same ip that authenticated less than a week ago it won't ask me, but if I try to from another ip it'll ask?

Kiraly

Hope you guys can help me.

Went on Battle.net which is in portuguese (Brazil), it says my account doesnt have an authenticator.

It says I can get one if I have a smartphone or purchase one from Blizzard Store (North America site).

But when I go there there are 2 authenticators that can be used in Latin America - One for WoW and one for SC2.

Nothing for Diablo 3. Should I wait till they have one or one of these will work with Diablo?

They both work for any of Blizzard's games, they are only styled as such.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You only need one authenticator, it works for all three games!

Audioboxer

Sorry, I should've been a bit more clear. You do get your own loot--that is, an enemy drops two items then you get two and anyone else in the game also gets two. It's not class specific, though, so your Monk may get a sweet Wizard Orb. Just nice to have a partner that needs vastly different equipment so you basically get twice the chance of sweet items for you.

Yes sir! This includes crafting as-well. If you craft gear and the randomization gives you INT-gear, you can give it to her and vice-versa. So basically, you'll be spending your scraps more efficiently.

Yeah, just drop on the floor or direct trade them. Or put in your Shared Loot for another character. :D

Good stuff. Will most definitely go a class which I feel complements the Wizard for loot drops/crafting.

Most likely a Barbarian, melee combat looks rather satisfying in D3.

Yoshichan

Audίoboxer;37807830 said:
Good stuff. Will most definitely go a class which I feel complements the Wizard for loot drops/crafting.

Most likely a Barbarian, melee combat looks rather satisfying in D3.
Yes! Did you try out the beta? When you hit stuff as a barbarian, the camera shakes a tiny, tiny bit which helps the attacks look much more powerful! It's small additions like those that make me go WOOOO!

I'll probably put up a spoiler thread on Monday. There are leaks now from the guides and early CEs and such, but it'll probably be worse once the installer unlocks and people start datamining.

Someone else can deal with a review thread.

neoism

guys can you install the game with the disc or just on the internet. if so I will probably not preinstall. It should be really fast with the disc right.

Dispite not getting the CE, I did pick up some new pc goodies. Ordered the Razer Nostromo & the Cyborg RAT 9 mouse. And a spiffy razer mouse pad. And they all comes on Tuesday along with D3 & Max Payne 3

Hype!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Tyreal is the Archangel of Justice. One of the members of Heaven's most powerful angels, the Angiris Council. He's the one that gave the soulstones to the Horadrim.

The fact that he's the only one that helps humans is because he's pretty much the only one that wants to. Humanity is actually the illegitimate spawn of both angels and demons, and so many angels actually want to see humanity destroyed (like Imperius). They perceive us as a threat. Tyreal is essentially alone in how far he's willing to go to protect humanity.
Moved by the sacrifice of Uldyssian (most powerful Nephalem/human) he sees that humans possess the ability to make their own decisions and have a great capacity for compassion as well as will to fight. His new found interest in the humans leads him to pay close attention to Sanctuary and setting up a task force to hunt down the Three Primes when he sees that they have a plan of their own with the newly found world.

In short, he's the only one who gave a damn about Sanctuary. The rest of the archangels didn't care much about the fate of Nephalem (especially Imperius who kinda wanted to just wipe them all out).

So, yes there is lore about him, Book if Cain is a great read to get you into the whole universe. Also diablo wiki has lots of info as well.

EDIT: Beaten :p
Thanks guys, the info is much appreciated.

I will definitely be making a Demon Hunter idolizing Tyrael.

He's always been one of my favorite Diablo characters right next to Cain & Wirt!

neoism

also does anyone know how to make battle.net have white text I can't see shit with a black background, on grey text.....

gaf, I am surely going to be a demon hunter..

I'm currently working on the talent build.

I'm having so many problems picking a build :p

turret or fan of knives?! hungering arrow or grenades?!

Audioboxer

Yes! Did you try out the beta? When you hit stuff as a barbarian, the camera shakes a tiny, tiny bit which helps the attacks look much more powerful! It's small additions like those that make me go WOOOO!

I did, but only had a few hours to play it. Went with the Monk and completed it - Had a blast, but I didn't find the Monk's way of fighting that satisfying.

Although when I say 'that satisfying' I do mean completely preferential, there was nothing wrong with it at all, and as I said I had a blast. Can just see myself playing another class that's all.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
gaf, I am surely going to be a demon hunter..

I'm currently working on the talent build.

I'm having so many problems picking a build :p

turret or fan of knives?! hungering arrow or grenades?!
I can't decide between fan of knives or turret either.

Grenades build more hate especially with tinkering but the potential of hungering arrow to be the most powerful single target skill in the game is staying my hand.

DECISIONS!

neoism

any reason they have a keep me logged in option but it never works, also second time in a row I've have to put my au code in WTF I didn't click the option to do it every loggin :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom