• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

profit

Our cat is pretty hype about D3 aswell. Watching some D2 videos with me on the laptop
lsAfr.jpg

scy

Well, if you are with someone 60 and you know them, they will probably just trade you the items they get. I dunno if Blizzard will prevent 60's meeting with low level and just boosting them through the levels. Probably the xp won't share over a certain amount. Not sure!

I remember people mentioning no EXP on characters during the beta at stuff like 10 or so levels apart. Don't know exactly how it'll function come launch though.

LordCanti

Well, if you are with someone 60 and you know them, they will probably just trade you the items they get. I dunno if Blizzard will prevent 60's meeting with low level and just boosting them through the levels. Probably the xp won't share over a certain amount. Not sure!

I don't think the low level player would get any experience at all. Certainly not enough to progress.

The level 60 could bring the low level character along, but without the leveling that they'd normally be doing, the low level character won't be viable. The level 60 can't keep monsters from hitting the low level forever, and the first time it happens will be instant death.

Raide

I remember people mentioning no EXP on characters during the beta at stuff like 10 or so levels apart. Don't know exactly how it'll function come launch though.

Makes sense. If they have a matchmaking thing in the game, I expect them to stick to level ranges.

zlatko

Banned
So I went out to eat and did some quick shopping. Now I got to return to all those spectacular .gifs of excitement.

Carry on GAF...carry on!

LordCanti

No MF is shared among players.

Player 1 = 50% MF
Player 2 = 100% MF
Player 3 = 0% MF
Player 4 = 0% MF

Party mf = 37,5% MF

I wonder if the in game stat screen will reflect group MF, or just your own.

It would suck to think you had high MF, when really everyone else was dragging you down.

SyNapSe

Pre-boughtid. Can't wait the stress test demo while frustrating due to inability to play was really fun. They did a seemingly good job of taking the gains from years of working and balancing WoW to make a Diablo that is very similar in base skills/execution.

SyNapSe

Still torn between DH and Monk.

Which one do you think I could get faster and higher damage output with?

If your only goal is total DPS, I'm sure the DH will win in the end. In groups in particular.. Monk is a bit more versatile as it can fill a lot of roles potentially all at once.

Gotchaye

I wonder if the in game stat screen will reflect group MF, or just your own.

It would suck to think you had high MF, when really everyone else was dragging you down.

This may have changed, but I'm pretty sure that shortly after they made this change to the beta (when everyone was in an uproar over the no-good dirty leechers stealing all of their MF) Blizzard people said that there were no plans to ever let you see your real MF in a party, otherwise you'd have people quitting any game where the party average was lower than their own MF.

scy

Still torn between DH and Monk.

Which one do you think I could get faster and higher damage output with?

I'm a bit biased but I think Monk. They have better Spirit Generation than DH Hatred so they should have better options for spamming skills. It'll come down to equipment options probably due to the whole Weapon Damage% reliance and all.

DH is safer damage, though.

LordCanti

This may have changed, but I'm pretty sure that shortly after they made this change to the beta (when everyone was in an uproar over the no-good dirty leechers stealing all of their MF) Blizzard people said that there were no plans to ever let you see your real MF in a party, otherwise you'd have people quitting any game where the party average was lower than their own MF.

That's...disappointing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Also you can't exchange gear between HC (hardcore mode) and SC (regular). So anyone hoping to make money that way is out of luck.

So you can level up the Blacksmith to craft new items. But will I have to level him up for each character I play? Or will he start at level 1 every time?

scy

So you can level up the Blacksmith to craft new items. But will I have to level him up for each character I play? Or will he start at level 1 every time?

It's shared between all your characters, though separate between regular and hardcore, I believe.

Hauk

Neo Member
Holy shit at the speed of this thread.

Been checking in occasionally throughout the day and it's always 5-30 new pages :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom