• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today my brother and I on our way to my mother's house stopped by Tim Horton's to grab some treats. I dared him to use the quick chat sounds from Diablo 2 when he ordered.

I'm not sure if the drive-thru lady knew that, "Thanks. Thank you. Thanks." was ever so funny. He even passed over my Iced Capp. and said, "This is for you."

Good times in Diablo hype land.

LordCanti

The instanced loot is why I'm not going barb. Everyone gets their own loot you say? No reason for me to be standing next to the boss then.

Today my brother and I on our way to my mother's house stopped by Tim Horton's to grab some treats. I dared him to use the quick chat sounds from Diablo 2 when he ordered.

I'm not sure if the drive-thru lady knew that, "Thanks. Thank you. Thanks." was ever so funny. He even passed over my Iced Capp. and said, "This is for you."

DIE! Time to die!

Junie12

oh, and me when Diablo III launches
cN1i3.gif

Edit: wooo 10000! Called it!

Soooo close....

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

This is great, ha ha. I imagined it in the Barbarian's voice.

LordCanti

Guaranteed someone in this thread is going to accidentally drop something good thinking nobody else can see it and get it stolen.

Happened in the beta to someone I was co-opping with. He dropped an item, and someone else snatched it up. Not one second later "GIVE ME BACK MY ITEM MAN!"

Other guy just laughed and logged out.

Number45

Happened in the beta to someone I was co-opping with. He dropped an item, and someone else snatched it up. Not one second later "GIVE ME BACK MY ITEM MAN!"

Other guy just laughed and logged out.
What happens if you're overburdened and you try and pick it up? Does the action of automatically dropping it (because it doesn't fit in your inventory) means it's shown to others?

Rokam

Speaking of losing items, did they ever fix body popping? Basically if you died people would just go throw random items all over your corpse and if you picked up one of the items and then clicked your corpse all your items would pop out. Shit was annoying :(.

scy

Speaking of losing items, did they ever fix body popping? Basically if you died people would just go throw random items all over your corpse and if you picked up one of the items and then clicked your corpse all your items would pop out. Shit was annoying :(.

You don't leave a corpse in Diablo 3.

if i'm level 10 playing with a level 60 will the drops be skewed more toward me or him? or is it based on who ends up killing the monster?

Drops are dependent on the enemy killed, not the levels of people involved.

Edit: Though I suppose killing blow determines who's Magic Find% is used.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Do more total items drop when in a party than when solo? So for instance, if four items drop when you are solo, would each player get four items in the same instance in a group or would they each get one item?

injurai

Banned
Do more total items drop when in a party than when solo? So for instance, if four items drop when you are solo, would each player get four items in the same instance in a group or would they each get one item?

Well more drops but what you yourself end up seeing should be about the same. I think your magic drop rate is increased however.

scy

I assume that an enemy that drops four items drops four items for each person in the game.

One more question, are mobs going to have resistances or can I focus on a certain type of damage?

They still have resistances.

LordCanti

Mass raid wipes leading to huge corpse runs for hours were the best part of vanilla EQ raiding!

hahahahaha fuck you PoH/PoF

I used to play an MMO that had timed D-Pile exclusivity. After like 10 minutes, anyone could pick your crap up. This led to people aggroing mobs and letting them kill you, then coming back to stand on your corpse pile until the ten minutes had transpired, while you stood right next to them begging for them to get off your d-pile.

Shit was jokes.

SHIT WAS NOT JOKES

Raide

One more question, are mobs going to have resistances or can I focus on a certain type of damage?

At low levels? Probably not. Maybe a few in the higher acts. The higher difficulty you get more abilities and stuff will be added to monsters, especially the Rare and Champion packs.

Fortunately resistances won't be like d2 where monsters are completely immune to damage from that element, which was a dumb mechanic and prevented some builds from even playing chaos sanc (unless you had a godly merc). They're just going to be resistant but you can still do dmg to them.

LordCanti

Fortunately resistances won't be like d2 where monsters are completely immune to damage from that element, which was a dumb mechanic. They're just going to be resistant but you can still do dmg to them.

I think some will be resistant to the point that damage done via that resistance will be futile. In Hell/Inferno anyway. If something is 90% resistant to fire, and you're doing fire damage, 10% damage isn't going to be enough DPS to survive.

Sothpaw

Fortunately resistances won't be like d2 where monsters are completely immune to damage from that element, which was a dumb mechanic and prevented some builds from even playing chaos sanc (unless you had a godly merc). They're just going to be resistant but you can still do dmg to them.

That and permanent stats/skills were my two least favorite parts about D2.

Raide

right, but what about MF? i guess i should have included that in my question >_< whewps.

Well, if you are with someone 60 and you know them, they will probably just trade you the items they get. I dunno if Blizzard will prevent 60's meeting with low level and just boosting them through the levels. Probably the xp won't share over a certain amount. Not sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom