• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Whining about other people being too hardcore for you is just pathetic. Racing other hardcore players for a world's first is sad? How the fuck is any of this sad?

And what have you acomplished in your lives to say that this kind of thing is sad? And no, being acomplished doesn't automatically validate those opinions, far from it - just draws the line between being a hateful loser and a person incapable of appreciating some of the awesome stuff that's going on in some people's lives which is not as bad, but still pityful.

I have accomplished a level of rationality that allows me to see the silliness in this whole thing.

Svafnir

It's like being proud of being the first person to watch a movie. I'm not even judging the dude who's doing it. It's that people actually care that boggles the mind.

Well it takes a lot more dedicated/planning to become world first in a video game than passively watching a movie. It's neat, and I love speed runs in games and seeing how people optimize things. Sure it's a "big deal" Just like the world record run for SM64 isnt a big deal, it's just cool to watch. Regardless everyone lives there lives differently and values different things. Some people spend there whole lives in solitude being monks, some people spend it studying animals or building model airplanes. Nothing is the same for anyone, an "accomplishment" is different from person to person.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Whining about other people being too hardcore for you is just pathetic. Racing other hardcore players for a world's first is sad? How the fuck is any of this sad?

And what have you acomplished in your lives to say that this kind of thing is sad? And no, being acomplished doesn't automatically validate those opinions, far from it - just draws the line between being a hateful loser and a person incapable of appreciating some of the awesome stuff that's going on in some people's lives which is not as bad, but still pityful.

I dont actively hate on these folk, so you wont see any posts from me complaining or whining, but i certainly don't envy them. I kinda view the whole "job" of playing games as an act of desperation honestly. I think people are free to do as they will but if they are going to put there faces everywhere on the internet then they better brace for the impact from the people that are gonna hate. No need to defend these guys. If they cant handle they dont belong doing it.

Dresden

That said if I really was doing that stuff I'd stock up on the following:

-pemmican
-almonds
-beef jerky
-carrot sticks
-carrot sticks
-carrot sticks
-cheese

-whole milk
-bottled water
-beer
-redbull sugarfree

(all eatable with one hand)

I'd also get some vitamin supplements along with a thing of, say, citruscel for extra fiber intake.

spk

Yeah, that's what it came across as once I finally watched it. He spends half the video kind of half-smirking and being less than serious.

The contents of the video kind of work against any playful intentions, imo. Either way this isn't worth dragging out. I plan to enjoy and spend a lot of time with the game just like everyone else. Sorry for bringing it up

What do you mean? This thread has been "I'M CUMMING!@!~~~ DIABLO 3 IN 24HRS UGUU!!!" for like 60 pages. :p
Yeah tell me about it lol

GorillaJu

Well it takes a lot more dedicated/planning to become world first in a video game than passively watching a movie. It's neat, and I love speed runs in games and seeing how people optimize things. Sure it's a "big deal" Just like the world record run for SM64 isnt a big deal, it's just cool to watch.

I watched this guy's video about optimizing controls where he went off about graphic settings he doesn't understand, then said how anyone would be INSANE not to bind some action to space bar. He seemed to be physically in pain trying to rationalize why someone wouldn't have an action on their space bar. This is entertaining? He's just an arrogant goof with a camera.

sazzy

Coronal mass ejection from monster sunspot AR 1476 due May 14

UPDATE MAY 12, 2012 1:15 P.M. CDT (18:15 UTC) Spaceweather.com is reporting that a coronal mass ejection, or CME, began racing away from the sun’s surface yesterday evening, according to U.S. clocks (May 11 at 6:54 p.m. CDT or 23:54 UTC). Moving at some 1,000 kilometers per second (600 miles per second), the fast-moving cloud of high energy solar particles will arrive in Earth’s vicinity on May 14 around 9:30 a.m. CDT (14:30 UTC). No ill effects to humans or Earth will occur, but satellites in orbit, telecommunications, and GPS, might be affected.

http://earthsky.org/space/huge-sunspot-ar1476-turned-our-way-might-produce-x-flare

Dresden

UPDATE MAY 12, 2012 1:15 P.M. CDT (18:15 UTC) Spaceweather.com is reporting that a coronal mass ejection, or CME, began racing away from the sun’s surface yesterday evening, according to U.S. clocks (May 11 at 6:54 p.m. CDT or 23:54 UTC). Moving at some 1,000 kilometers per second (600 miles per second), the fast-moving cloud of high energy solar particles will arrive in Earth’s vicinity on May 14 around 9:30 a.m. CDT (14:30 UTC). No ill effects to humans or Earth will occur, but satellites in orbit, telecommunications, and GPS, might be affected.

http://earthsky.org/space/huge-sunspot-ar1476-turned-our-way-might-produce-x-flare

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCJKASGVPOASIVHGAWO9EGB2qwpg-]0

Junie12

Man I've really been sick lately, I might be able to take a day off from work to play the game but with this stupid cold I'll probably not enjoy it as much :(

I'll just play by myself when the game comes..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I watched this guy's video about optimizing controls where he went off about graphic settings he doesn't understand, then said how anyone would be INSANE not to bind some action to space bar. He seemed to be physically in pain trying to rationalize why someone wouldn't have an action on their space bar. This is entertaining? He's just an arrogant goof with a camera.
You should calm down. You don't seem so rational after all.

IMPORTANT INFO!
If you've pre-downloaded the digital version of the game in EU English or German before 10:00 AM CEST (9:00 AM GMT) on Saturday May 12, you must obtain the new downloaders to be able to install properly once the game is released on May 15. We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please let friends and acquaintances know so they can begin downloading the working installer that's now available.
(installers in the link) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4410912/

Just another reminder for anyone who wants to avoid getting spoiled (it's getting worse the closer we get to the launch day)!
^This script hides all Youtube-comments. There will be spoilers on Youtube so you better to install this script!

This needs to be quotes as-well!
Apparently it's important for people that were in the beta to manually remove some files from their system before installing the full game.

http://blues.incgamers.com/Posts/11/1/47/877/160963/important-uninstall-the-beta

And this!
Just another warning/reminder.

You should really have a blizzard authenticator for this game. Either an IOS/Android version, or the actual physical generator. There's going to be *alot* of hacked accounts, and you don't want to be one of them. Your password, no matter how complex it is, isn't safe.

HenryHSH

Just inject caffeine straight into your bloodstream for house lifting powers.

What was his rationale? Is it speed? If he's worried about these milliseconds, why doesn't he use a mechanical keyboard and a 5kdpi mouse instead of the junk he showed. Oh wait, his mousepad is the shits, that's what matters!

Einbroch

Banned
Just got a call. I'm not going to be playing Diablo 3 at all Tuesday.

Fishing then LAN LoL. I'll be checking in on the thread to make sure Yoshi's still alive though.

Riggs

Banned

if3hNvfbmNv4N.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just got a call. I'm not going to be playing Diablo 3 at all Tuesday.

Fishing then LAN LoL. I'll be checking in on the thread to make sure Yoshi's still alive though.
I won't be posting anything at all though, so don't think I'm dead just because I'm not posting :3

~Kinggi~

Banned

lol, things are heating up!

Yoshichan

TiVqv.jpg

Seems like a fallen star or something... Hmmm...

Yoshichan

You have posted over 1000 times in this thread.
Tell me when I said I was being rational when it comes to hype. Unlike you, I don't say thing about being rational and then proceed on telling someone (you've never heard of until just recently) that he's an arrogant goof.

HenryHSH

Easy to use against you in such arguments. :(

Tell me when I said I was being rational when it comes to hype. Unlike you, I don't say thing about being rational and then proceed on telling someone (you've never heard of until just recently) that he's an arrogant goof.

But when he acts like an arrogant goof it makes him an arrogant goof. You don't need to know someone all that long to get that impression.

taoofjord

Well, it's probably official now. I'm more hyped for this than I was for GTAIV and Red Dead Redemption. That means I haven't been this hyped for a game since Half-Life 2. Wshew.

Can't wait to sink a billion hours into this.

Yoshichan

I plan to be wealthier than a Lanecster in Diablo 3.

Where I go, gold will flow like wine.
Lannister btw! ♥

Syrionus

Neo Member
So how the hell do you get the Diablo II digital copy to work?

It says ensure the Diablo II play disc is inserted. (which it obviously isn't.)

Windows 8 running in Win XP compatibility.

Tried reinstalling, and the game comes patched to the latest version...

Microsoft isn't supporting that Operating System. Maybe that's the issue?

injurai

Banned
In my defense, I get to post from work!

...doesn't really excuse this weekend but whatever!

ya most of my posts have been coming from the campus computer labs while I working on homework and such. Just a way to pass the time really.

Yoshichan

When can we actually install the game?
You're in Europe IIRC?

Iceland, Azores: 14th May, 22:01 (install: 14th May, 15:01)

UK, Ireland, Portugal: 14th May, 23:01 (install: 14th May, 16:01)

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Norway, Sweden: 15th May, 00:01 (install: 14th May, 17:01)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus: 15th May, 01:01 (install: 14th May, 18:01)

Fugu

I dont actively hate on these folk, so you wont see any posts from me complaining or whining, but i certainly don't envy them. I kinda view the whole "job" of playing games as an act of desperation honestly. I think people are free to do as they will but if they are going to put there faces everywhere on the internet then they better brace for the impact from the people that are gonna hate. No need to defend these guys. If they cant handle they dont belong doing it.
Do you view athletes or dedicated artists as acting in desperation? What makes video game players so special?

If there's anything I despise, it's nerd-on-nerd hate.

Yoshichan

Spelling is not for the undercore.

We say what we mean and others automatically know the meaning.
You're absolutely right about that! Btw send me a PM when you've reached season 2. DON'T FORGET ABOUT THAT!

Yoshichan

I mostly post from my phone, so I get really lazy with my posts. But I always do have a tab on here just to see what's up.
I posted thrice on GAF yesterday when I took a bath. It's actually good entertainment!

Kalnos

Banned
Do you view athletes or dedicated artists as acting in desperation? What makes video game players so special?

Honestly, sometimes yes. Some people really aren't cut for it and they try for a long time before failing out of professional leagues. Even if it's something you truly love sometimes it's better left a hobby.

Yoshichan

I think I'm going to pop out of this thread until things cool down. Might even go to bed early.
This. I'm going to bed in a matter of minutes... I love these 8 hour time-travels!.

forrest

formerly nacire
You guys crack me up. I didn't bring up the sports vs eSports thing - I was responding to explain why the comparison is inappropriate.

The point I was trying to make wasn't even about the fact that sports are physical. The fact that chess isn't about running and jumping doesn't make it less of a competition. However, chess is a competitive game.

The point was that Diablo 3 is a non-competitive action RPG. It's like being proud of being the first person to watch a movie. I'm not even judging the dude who's doing it. It's that people actually care that boggles the mind.

Your missing the point. The guy is an accomplished MMO raider with some serious feats under his belt over the years. There are many other accomplished gamers that want to be the first to beat Diablo 3 on Inferno. I'm sure they all have their own personal reasons, but the thing is, they are all making it a competitive game by vying for that world first.

I'll repeat my opinion, one more time. Kripp is a bit arrogant, but it's all in good fun. He a top tier player from World of Warcraft and has proven himself multiple times in world rankings. He's methodical, precise, prepared and enjoys what he does. Many people have enjoyed the videos he has made over the years. He is trying to step it up a notch with the release of D3 and become a much larger part in the gaming public's eye as it's what he loves. I'm assuming he is looking to make a bit of a career out of it as he is now sponsored by curse and partnered with youtube and Diablo 3 will probably be a large stepping stone into making that happen.

That's all. The guy wants to be the best and believes in knowledge and preparation. It's certainly at a much higher level that I would or could ever try at this point in my life, but I certainly don't begrudge the guy for trying to achieve his goals. Even if those goals align or don't align with what I deem appropriate life goals for myself.

*Sorry wasn't trying to drag this out, took me a bit to type it and the thread is moving quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom