• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, a rather touchy subject. Well you'll be off to a brave new world, adieu!

I can't wait to see everyone's screenys of the first good drops they find :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They aren't playing Diablo?
While we were raiding two weeks ago, I asked everyone if they were hyped for Diablo.

One person asked what Diablo was.
One person said he played the beta and it was boring.
One person asked if it's like WoW, in that case he's gonna be playing it.
One person think it's a kiddies game.

You see, I am (basically) the GM. After our Diablo-discussion, I had to replace these four unfortunate people.

sazzy

wooooooooooot

Just got confirmation that my CE is coming tomorrow morning/early afternoon.

Servers open at 5pm so I'll have time to pore over the contents. Planning on taking sneak peaks at the art book and Blu Ray.

Today (its noon here) I'll be poring over Book of Cain in my free time, and then install the game and check everything is working on my laptop. Doing a system maintenance today (backing up, full virus scans, defrag, reg clean, disk checks, clean up hard drive etc.)

Getting my body ready

Vodh

I worked 43hrs last week so I'm leaving at like 2pm on Tues. fuckyeah

One thing that's great about working pre-release is that it actually makes the time fly faster. I haven't noticed any difference in how the time passes between today and any other random workday. And working tomorrow too =)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RealID man. I still talk to my friends all the time from my 2005 WoW raiding guild.
You'll definitely see me spamming real id with item drops ;p
The first thing I'm gonna do when I log into the servers is put everyone on ignore... it's for the better good, I'm sorry T_T

edit: the ignore won't last long though, probably a week or two until things calm down a bit.

how HYPE is everyone feeling this eve? man, one more sleep (maybe one and a half if I can manage a nap) and it's straight up dawg time. GAAAAH, I can't take it! *goes to play some other game for like an hour before bed*

injurai

Banned
Tuesday at work will be the longest day since I started anticipating D3 :|

I will be busy tuesday so the day should go by fairly fast, monday will be awful though.

how HYPE is everyone feeling this eve? man, one more sleep (maybe one and a half if I can manage a nap) and it's straight up dawg time. GAAAAH, I can't take it! *goes to play some other game for like an hour before bed*

So hype! I will eat a bowl of hype tomorrow and go hunting for some hype.

TheYanger

The first thing I'm gonna do when I log into the servers is put everyone on ignore... it's for the better good, I'm sorry T_T

edit: the ignore won't last long though, probably a week or two until things calm down a bit.

Cold blooded! :( Now I feel like you deserved what Mario gave to you!

injurai

Banned
Damn yoshi, you are serious about dropping off the face of the earth. I'll have to make an EU character to play with all your EuroGaffers.

Ainaurdur

While we were raiding two weeks ago, I asked everyone if they were hyped for Diablo.

You see, I am (basically) the GM. After our Diablo-discussion, I had to replace these four unfortunate people.

What the HELL? "Kiddies"? That guy...

LowParry

I'm with Yoshi on this with my first play through. It's me time. Once I beat the game, then I'll be full on with friends and community.

Yoshichan

Damn yoshi, you are serious about dropping off the face of the earth. I'll have to make an EU character to play with all your EuroGaffers.
Of course I'm serious about it!

l9kxQ.jpg

Look at how close my head is to the roof. Just look at it! I'm literally in a bunker, far and far away from civilization.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Seriously did you buy a little rented room or something? Or is it just a hiding spot in your building?

Also, why would you buy a room? Do you live with annoying roomates or something?

TxdoHawk

So what are the odds that the servers crash within the first 24 hours due to the obvious overabundance of people? I hope Zero. Up side, I have Monday and Tuesday off this week. Downside, my next day off is Saturday.

I would hope unlikely, since unlike say the WoW launch Blizzard has some idea of the insane demand they can be expecting. In reality? Who knows.

I have to be in at 6am Tuesday for a project at work, so I don't anticipate hitting the game until I get home around 4pm. It'll be interesting to read the initial response during the day, unless the launch goes smoothly and everybody is too busy playing to post.

Yoshichan

injurai

Banned
Seriously did you buy a little rented room or something? Or is it just a hiding spot in your building?

Also, why would you buy a room? Do you live with annoying roomates or something?

My theory is that it is one of those finished crawl spaces. Probably at a friends house or something.

Fugu

Wish me luck, guys. This is probably going to be my last stretch of intense baaling ever, and it's going to be a big one. 94 > 95 in one night gogogo

haikira

Anyone heard, of any keys not working on battlenet? Me and one friend, stuck our keys on out battlenet accounts, without any trouble. But another friend, is getting an error.

lz7I1.jpg

He's double and triple checked it.

Yoshichan

Umbasa, Fugu! Good luck! Hopefully you win the race~

lmfao.

Claims Diablo III is kiddy. Continues to play WoW.

zlatko

Banned
Okay gang. I need an undercore time wizard among you to help me out.

It's 4 minutes to 8PM on a Sunday evening. I get to play Diablo 3 5PM Tuesday evening.

How much time must I wait to let the game wash over me?

Yoshichan

lmfao.

Claims Diablo III is kiddy. Continues to play WoW.
Well to his defense, he did say that during Cataclysm and not Mists of Pandaria :3
That almost excuses him. His brain is not fully developed. Heheh.
Mine's not fully developed either... can you imagine the power I'll get with a fully developed brain? *tihi*

Fugu

It's 4 minutes to 8PM on a Sunday evening. I get to play Diablo 3 5PM Tuesday evening.

45 hours.

The guy who said that is 16 years old. I think you might want to add that to your calculations!
I started playing Diablo when I was seven, that's hardly an excuse.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The guy who said that is 16 years old. I think you might want to add that to your calculations!

This is why I institute a strict age limit upon who I talk to in video games.

scy

Could've sworn I answered that last time you asked :x 45 hours now.

Agonizing, huh? Thankfully, my wait is only 44 hours!

Ainaurdur

Well to his defense, he did say that during Cataclysm and not Mists of Pandaria :3

Mine's not fully developed either... can you imagine the power I'll get with a fully developed brain? *tihi*

I hope my comment did not offend anyone.

And curse Dreamworks and Jack Black for skewing everyone's perceptions of the Pandaren race. Samwise drew first! *shakes fist*

Yoshichan

This is why I institute a strict age limit upon who I talk to in video games.
How does that work anyway :3?

[PM from random guy] Hi!
[You] Age?
[PM from random guy] 14, why?
[PM from random guy] Hello, are you there?
*The person you are trying to whisper is ignoring you.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom