• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

qq, i installed the demo and updated it today, if i buy the game do i preload extra stuff or the full game its already installed?

You can download the files now but cannot install until tomorrow. The beta client is not the same client.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sorry guys, forgot to tell you that those brews are not mine!

Ainaurdur

I think it's just that it's kind of silly to have three internet connections and have planned out meals.

...I mean, that's a little silly.

Edit: Granted, I have planned meals in the sense I know what I'm buying grocery wise so maybe I shouldn't talk.

And as far as it being his job. Many companies have far more redundancy than that to keep things running...

...just like we trust Blizzard has to ensure things run smoothly as we all crush the servers to play on Tuesday.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
More! That's a lot of stuff... they're not gonna buy any more supplies for weeks, I guess :3

RnyGA.jpg

Dineren

Banned
Good luck to him. It's not like a release like this is an everyday occurrence, I'd enjoy giving that a shot if I had the time nowadays. If it leads to additional income for him even better. I'm jealous of the guy.

CSX

Aside from not liking loot, what else do you not like? D3 I'm sure will give you a great story. Great atmosphere. I think your first play through will be fantastic but then afterwards if you're not into killing bosses for better gear, I guess that's where you'd stop.

Sounds like a one playthrough for me then unless DIII just blows me away :)

scy

And as far as it being his job. Many companies have far more redundancy than that to keep things running...

...just like we trust Blizzard has to ensure things run smoothly as we all crush the servers to play on Tuesday.

I actually haven't watched said video yet, just going off comments in the thread. I don't really care and I support esports. I know it's his job. I'm just saying it still sounds a little silly. Like, you hear it and chuckle. Not "OMG THIS GUY CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!" or anything.

I'd love to be in his position by the sound of things. So eh.

So power leveling/rushing won't be possible this time around? What's the level cut off before you dont get any xp?

Can probably still rush through content. As far as the level range for EXP, I don't think anyone knows exacts yet.

Yoshichan

Oh my, bro can I have some drink?
Sorry my man, those are not mine! My fridge looks completely different. I don't plan on drinking any alcohol, monster/redbull/whatever-drinks, no coca-cola, just plain'ol water and orange juice!

The alcohol starts ONE week after launch though! So prepare yourself!

Junie12

I just went through a huge shopping spree to stock up on food because I'm too lazy to shop :p

Only did it because of the game really..

Don't really want to do much but play it this week so I had to do the shopping, don't want to eat ramen during the game since it's very unhealthy..

Yoshichan

All true to the legion join Mumble Diablo 3 room!
I forgot my mic when I took my equipment and left off to the bunker :_: So pissed off about that.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Im not going crazy like you guys with this food provisions stuff. I mean i work a full time job. Ill probably be playing like 3-4 hours a night. WIll still go to gym etc etc. Im super hyped and excited but i simply cant afford to just lose myself in a game for days. I would feel too guilty.

Riggs

Banned
Sorry my man, those are not mine! My fridge looks completely different. I don't plan on drinking any alcohol, monster/redbull/whatever-drinks, no coca-cola, just plain'ol water and orange juice!

The alcohol starts ONE week after launch though! So prepare yourself!

Yep no alcohol here either. I can handle my red bull / coke though so I will be drinking those. But I never crash. Crashing on Diablo 3 is impossible.

Kalnos

Banned
I think I'm only going to rush to get through normal once simply so I can't be spoiled. After that I'm just gonna take it easy so I don't burn out.

GorillaJu

^ believe it or not some people can appreciate and enjoy video games without becoming a hardcore stereotype

Yea I'm real salty about this dudes habits and desire to be world first. I literally cannot understand how people identify with the guy so much that they can't see what it looks like to people who haven't gotten caught up in the Super Hardcore Diablo Fever thing

If I'm a hater for being uncomfortable that peoples discussions and behavior comes off like worship and ridiculous obsession then that's fine

You are not alone. This thread is all kinds of insanity. "You just don't understand what is at stake here."

Yoshichan

Yep no alcohol here either. I can handle my red bull / coke though so I will be drinking those. But I never crash. Crashing on Diablo 3 is impossible.
I didn't think I'd crash when I played Dark Souls... but then I found out the game sucks, so I crashed!
Oh hell yeah, I just said that! Come at me bros!

injurai

Banned
Im not going crazy like you guys with this food provisions stuff. I mean i work a full time job. Ill probably be playing like 3-4 hours a night. WIll still go to gym etc etc. Im super hyped and excited but i simply cant afford to just lose myself in a game for days. I would feel too guilty.

Understandable completely. I am a full time college student so I can't really neglect life either. This weekend though will be insane. I played Skyrim for 40 hours that first weekend.

Svafnir

No alchohal for me either, I end up getting tired after a few drinks ;p Good ol' water and juice for the 24hr launch day marathon.

Yoshichan

You are not alone. This thread is all kinds of insanity. "You just don't understand what is at stake here."
You should read. It's his job and his current economy-problems will be solved if he gets a larger fan-base (subscribers on Youtube). If he manages to get world first HC then he'll get a lot of attention, and that'll make his life easier.

Is that really too hard to understand?

injurai

Banned
^ believe it or not some people can appreciate and enjoy video games without becoming a hardcore stereotype

Yea I'm real salty about this dudes habits and desire to be world first. I literally cannot understand how people identify with the guy so much that they can't see what it looks like to people who haven't gotten caught up in the Super Hardcore Diablo Fever thing

If I'm a hater for being uncomfortable that peoples discussions and behavior comes off like worship and ridiculous obsession then that's fine

In terms of D3 i feel this is a special case for most people compared to a life style. I for one will go back to life as usual in due time. Kripp is an entertainer and is trying to get off the ground. He does have an arrogant demeanor but I wouldn't wish to see him fail because he is very dedicated to his craft.

Magnus

I played Diablo I for a week. I played Diablo II for a few hours. I really didn't get into II, but since it was only last year and so far outside the hype window for the game (off by about a decade, lol), I realized I just couldn't roll with it.

Since then, I've become a rabid Blizzard fanboy (one-time WoW raider, WC3/SC-lover), and am through the roof with hype on this game, despite my tepid experience with its predecessors.

I'm terming this the Diablo effect. It's ok to be this excited about a sequel to games you didn't embrace, right?!

Alright so I don't know yet if my gamestop will allow me to go in tomorrow and pick up the game a day before release since they aren't doing a midnight launch. If not I'll end up buying digital and then probably trading the extra key for a steam game or something.

Yoshichan

I'm terming this the Diablo effect. It's ok to be this excited about a sequel to games you didn't embrace, right?!
Absolutely! Tons of those people in this thread :3

GorillaJu

You should read. It's his job and his current economy-problems will be solved if he gets a larger fan-base (subscribers on Youtube). If he manages to get world first HC then he'll get a lot of attention, and that'll make his life easier.

Is that so hard to understand, really?

It's not hard to understand. People often whore themselves out and put themselves through misery to accomplish meaningless feats in the name of fame and attention.

Svafnir

Also random but is anyone interested in writing articles/guides for my Diablo 3 fansite? You would be compensated financially of course :)

Riggs

Banned
Just realized from Theta on mumble that euro version comes out 9 hours earlier then NA version. I AM SO SAD INSIDE. (missed that in OP)

Happy for you euro bastards though : )

I CAN MAKE IT I CAN MAKE IT

Yoshichan

It's not hard to understand. People often whore themselves out and put themselves through misery to accomplish meaningless feats in the name of fame and attention.
Indeed. We live in tough times :(

injurai

Banned

"whore" is a nasty spin on it. Dedication can come in all shapes and forms. I guess Olympic athletes are whoring themselves out too, but its not called that because physical feats are taken differently.

forrest

formerly nacire
The way I see it, we all have different interests, priorities and goals in our lives. Who is anyone to tell or judge what others should or shouldn't be prioritizing or to what level one should or shouldn't be investing themselves toward said goals.

scy

Pretty much. I mean, I'd love to do something like them and go full out for it since it seems like a fun race (and since I did it for D2 all those years ago) but I just can't :( At most, I may see if I have vacation time and take a day off.

That said, the video isn't even remotely close to that bad. Triple internets sounds odd but uh ... it's a bandwidth issue primarily. The food bit is lol but it's not even that serious of a video! Blown out of proportion guys, I am disappointed :(

Yoshichan

Roast beef sandwiches... I would like to go to the stores after I get some sleep... too bad I'm far, far, far away from civilization right now.

Svafnir

The way I see it, we all have different interests, priorities and goals in our lives. Who is anyone to tell or judge what others should or shouldn't be prioritizing or to what level one should or shouldn't be investing themselves toward said goals.

I can not agree anymore, Video Games are a huge part of my life. Nothing wrong with that! Some people on the other hand it's a minor hobby, everyone is different :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom