• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are there any videos of the collector's edition items? The wings and dyes I'd like to see in action.
No actual video footage of the content yet, unfortunately.

Syrionus

Neo Member
Your missing the point. The guy is an accomplished MMO raider with some serious feats under his belt over the years. There are many other accomplished gamers that want to be the first to beat Diablo 3 on Inferno. I'm sure they all have their own personal reasons, but the thing is, they are all making it a competitive game by vying for that world first.

I'll repeat my opinion, one more time. Kripp is a bit arrogant, but it's all in good fun. He a top tier player from World of Warcraft and has proven himself multiple times in world rankings. He's methodical, precise, prepared and enjoys what he does. Many people have enjoyed the videos he has made over the years. He is trying to step it up a notch with the release of D3 and become a much larger part in the gaming public's eye as it's what he loves. I'm assuming he is looking to make a bit of a career out of it as he is now sponsored by curse and partnered with youtube and Diablo 3 will probably be a large stepping stone into making that happen.

That's all. The guy wants to be the best and believes in knowledge and preparation. It's certainly at a much higher level that I would or could ever try at this point in my life, but I certainly don't begrudge the guy for trying to achieve his goals. Even if those goals align or don't align with what I deem appropriate life goals for myself.

*Sorry wasn't trying to drag this out, took me a bit to type it and the thread is moving quick!

That makes a difference with everything in life.

TheYanger

While we were raiding two weeks ago, I asked everyone if they were hyped for Diablo.

One person asked what Diablo was.
One person said he played the beta and it was boring.
One person asked if it's like WoW, in that case he's gonna be playing it.
One person think it's a kiddies game.

You see, I am (basically) the GM. After our Diablo-discussion, I had to replace these four unfortunate people.

Seriously? This is why you should've joined my guild ages ago Yoshi :p We're not raiding cause of Diablo.

Your missing the point. The guy is an accomplished MMO raider with some serious feats under his belt over the years. There are many other accomplished gamers that want to be the first to beat Diablo 3 on Inferno. I'm sure they all have their own personal reasons, but the thing is, they are all making it a competitive game by vying for that world first.

I'll repeat my opinion, one more time. Kripp is a bit arrogant, but it's all in good fun. He a top tier player from World of Warcraft and has proven himself multiple times in world rankings. He's methodical, precise, prepared and enjoys what he does. Many people have enjoyed the videos he has made over the years. He is trying to step it up a notch with the release of D3 and become a much larger part in the gaming public's eye as it's what he loves. I'm assuming he is looking to make a bit of a career out of it as he is now sponsored by curse and partnered with youtube and Diablo 3 will probably be a large stepping stone into making that happen.

That's all. The guy wants to be the best and believes in knowledge and preparation. It's certainly at a much higher level that I would or could ever try at this point in my life, but I certainly don't begrudge the guy for trying to achieve his goals. Even if those goals align or don't align with what I deem appropriate life goals for myself.

*Sorry wasn't trying to drag this out, took me a bit to type it and the thread is moving quick!

Kripp is also mildly retarded. <3 if he reads this.

Tess3ract

Banned
You're in Europe IIRC?

Iceland, Azores: 14th May, 22:01 (install: 14th May, 15:01)

UK, Ireland, Portugal: 14th May, 23:01 (install: 14th May, 16:01)

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Andorra, Spain, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, San Marino, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, FYR Macedonia, Albania, Norway, Sweden: 15th May, 00:01 (install: 14th May, 17:01)

Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Romania, Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus: 15th May, 01:01 (install: 14th May, 18:01)

I'm from boston, no :(

Huzzah! Got my daughter's computer set up. So now we have a four PC LAN going so our entire family can be playing (Blizzard better be happy with all my dollars! Also bought two other copies for my brothers...sheesh!) My 680 gets here tomorrow too. Time to finish The Book of Cain!

And Yoshi, I see how it is. Undercore GAF Dad of the Year, but not good enough for the rallying speech pic.

/single tear
/sad hulk walking away music

Huzzah! Got my daughter's computer set up. So now we have a four PC LAN going so our entire family can be playing (Blizzard better be happy with all my dollars! Also bought two other copies for my brothers...sheesh!) My 680 gets here tomorrow too. Time to finish The Book of Cain!

And Yoshi, I see how it is. Undercore GAF Dad of the Year, but not good enough for the rallying speech pic.

/single tear

What a great friggin' family. *tear*

Too bad North American servers aren't coming online 12:00 EDT. It's probably for the best though. I would probably do something stupid and play until 4:00 am and really suffer through work on Tuesday.

Gav47

P0l86.jpg

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Too bad North American servers aren't coming online 12:00 EDT. It's probably for the best though. I would probably do something stupid and play until 4:00 am and really suffer through work on Tuesday.
Why are you working on Tuesday? Or Wednesday for that matter?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Got Diablo II to work in Windows 8!

Unfortunately, it works without sound only.

So I have the soundtrack playing on youtube...

That's what I'm going to be doing and I have a staff meeting 9AM Tuesday morning. After waiting 12 years it'll be worth it.

What I wouldn't give for Blizz to launch the game a few hours early here in the US.

Why are you working on Tuesday? Or Wednesday for that matter?

If only I could take off but there's just too much going on for me at work to ask off. Maybe if I asked off weeks or months ago but not now. I'm taking off some extra time after memorial day, so there's that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

/single tear
I knew I was missing someone! (actually I've missed like 10 people :_:) You will be in my next update, I promise!
I think i'll just play like normal, and if anyone on my friend list ends up joining while i'm playing, fine by me.
Teknoman, I just want you to know that it would be an honor to play with you. I admire you actually :3
Ok that's it, night guys. I always stay up way later than what I plan to.
G'night soldier!

Kalnos

Banned
Oh man. I didn't know about the gem randomizing builds at the bottom of that page.

We could have fun challenges where everyone has to use a build that the gem generates.

scy

Oh man. I didn't know about the gem randomizing builds at the bottom of that page.

We could have fun challenges where everyone has to use a build that the gem generates.

Come on, it's Blizzard related and you weren't suspicious of every gem? For shame!

Yoshichan

I do plan to, but I have to say I wasnt thinking ot it while doing this build.

Would it work here or it better something else?
I really have a problem with 2H Frenzy >_< especially with that rune. If you're gonna health steal then you need to hit fast!

Question time! Okay so we know that this button randomizes your skills and runes:

NGlCk.png

But what does clicking the thing at the top do?!

F0Io2.png

I really have a problem with 2H Frenzy >_< especially with that rune. If you're gonna health steal then you need to hit fast!

Question time! Okay so we know that this button randomizes your skills and runes:

NGlCk.png

But what does clicking the thing at the top do?!

F0Io2.png

Um...I will probably chnge it to Cleave with Broad Sweep then.

Will it work then?

The skill calculator is such a tease. Input a a build. Check the level requirement. Become saddened.

Anyone else going Hardcore? I'm gonna run through each Act on my normal character then run through it on a HC so there are no surprises.

Yoshichan

Every time you click the skull a Yoshi dies.
Open that link.

Done? Ok. Now increase the volume.

Done? Ok. Now listen carefully...

Look... look at my balls!
Look... look at my balls!

Junie12

The skill calculator is such a tease. Input a a build. Check the level requirement. Become saddened.

Anyone else going Hardcore? I'm gonna run through each Act on my normal character then run through it on a HC so there are no surprises.

Doing the same, I want to experience the lore first and then after that, I'll play the game seriously and begin my journey into madness.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

I am going HC right away I think (well, as right away as possible anyway). Surprises in HC are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom