• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Um...I will probably chnge it to Cleave with Broad Sweep then.

Will it work then?
It's looking better and better, for sure! But I can't really see the "focus" of this build. Can you explain to me how you want to play? Most skills are "charges" and buffs. I'm also interesting to know why you chose "Tough as Nails" as a passive! Berserker Rage means that you're most of the time gonna be running around with full fury as-well. Is this your plan?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Wow, the account authenticator is incredibly annoying. It forces me to authenticate every single time I login, even though the site said it's only gonna do it once a week for the same browser. Sure, it's better than risking my account being hacked, but seriously...

Also, I'm not sure I completely get how it's supposed to work. When the bar fills up and a new code is displayed (in the app), shouldn't the previous code stop working? It doesn't. I can type the code in that's showing, wait for it to be replaced, and the "expired" one will be accepted. So yeah, not really getting it.

It's looking better and better, for sure! But I can't really see the "focus" of this build. Can you explain to me how you want to play? Most skills are "charges" and buffs. I'm also interesting to know why you chose "Tough as Nails" as a passive! Berserker Rage means that you're most of the time gonna be running around with full fury as-well. Is this your plan?

Yeah, I want maximum damage. With the buffs and passives, I should be handing out massive damage fast. I think.

Junie12

Wow, the account authenticator is incredibly annoying. It forces me to authenticate every single time I login, even though the site said it's only gonna do it once a week for the same browser. Sure, it's better than risking my account being hacked, but seriously...

Yeah it really is annoying but you'll get used to it eventually. Rather go through this than getting my account hacked so I believe it's worth it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Um... are you sure you've done it right :3?

lQ5RC.png

Yoshichan

Yeah, I want maximum damage. With the buffs and passives, I should be handing out massive damage fast. I think.
Perhaps not fast, but maybe effiecently! You should roll with this build and see how it works out for you... there's nothing wrong with adapting to the difficulty, so feel free to change stuff as they fit you :3

Curious, I tried to run the setup for D3 and I get an error message about failing to extract files from the archive(blzpts00008). Now I expected it to spit out an error since, of course the game isn't out yet. But is that the right error? Because if I have to download the game again I need to start now.

Nevermind, figured it out, apparently I wasn't even finished downloading the thing! lol

Guys, as far as the dying potions in the CE are concerned, does anyone have more specific info? Do they just dye things one color, one time? Are they multi-use items?

Yoshichan

scy

Every login will ask for it if you're access your B.net account. At least, that's my assumption of how it works for that.

Perhaps not fast, but maybe effiecently! You should roll with this build and see how it works out for you... there's nothing wrong with adapting to the difficulty, so feel free to change stuff as they fit you :3

Yeah, thinking of changing Tough as Nails with Brawler.

So with everything on I should be doing at least +85% damage (and for around 30 secs too).

Thanks for the tips Yoshi. Its making me think more strategically.

Yoshichan

(This is when logging into battle.net though, not the game. Obviously.)
Oooh! I completely missed this... yeah I think it's good that they ask you to do it for the website since, well, all your personal info is there!

Lexxon

I'm using the Android app, but yeah, I didn't check that box. Still asks for authentication code on every login.

(This is when logging into battle.net though, not the game. Obviously.)

I have the same setup, same thing happens to me. WoW and D3 don't ask very often, but the website does it every single time. Sucks that the Android widget doesn't seem to update fast enough, so I just use an icon.

Curious, I tried to run the setup for D3 and I get an error message about failing to extract files from the archive(blzpts00008). Now I expected it to spit out an error since, of course the game isn't out yet. But is that the right error? Because if I have to download the game again I need to start now.

What region are you? In the US I believe everyone is supposed to just get the standard 'The fire from the sky still falls.' (which is eerily true given the solar flare....) until probably 3AM EST/midnight PST?

Yoshichan

Thanks Yoshi! :)

I can see that now. Alright I'll have to think of another big Fury cost skill.
Now don't get me wrong! I haven't theorycrafted enough to know if that'll be the case, it's just my prediction. If you feel that you can kill an enemy to reproc frenzy right after ww then you should be safe with that build!

Can I ask you why you chose Dust Devil and not Volcanic Eruption though? Out of curiosity!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Oooh! I completely missed this... yeah I think it's good that they ask you to do it for the website since, well, all your personal info is there!

Well, sure, but even there it would surely be enough if you had to do it once in awhile. Nobody else is gonna be trying to login to my account using my computer/browser from my IP.

Ainaurdur

I was under the impression that you always have to use the authenticator for accessing battle.net and it is only for games that you can limit it to about once a week.

edit: Beaten of course...

scy

Seems so weird to me that people are worrying about builds for this game. Old habits die hard?

Infinite changes doesn't mean there's no build planning. It just removes the cost of making a mistake. I'd plan builds regardless of how the system works. That's how I approach "skill tree" systems.

Yoshichan

Seems so weird to me that people are worrying about builds for this game. Old habits die hard?
I think it's about a person wanting to be more "mentally" prepared - aka not wanting to spend time with a build when they could be killing shit instead!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Death of penalties for experimentation, not the death of builds in general.

Either way. I liked building up new characters to test out new builds and challenge yourself to make them work. Inferno Sorcs, Chargeadins, Leap Attack based Barbs, stuff like that. If you can always just switch around, it takes a lot of that fun out of it for me.

Dresden

Either way. I liked building up new characters to test out new builds and challenge yourself to make them work. Inferno Sorcs, Chargeadins, Leap Attack based Barbs, stuff like that. If you can always just switch around, it takes a lot of that fun out of it for me.

You can still do that . . . it just means you won't be spending hours getting runs by your buddies to speed level you just so you can test something out.

Yoshichan

I was under the impression that you always have to use the authenticator for accessing battle.net and it is only for games that you can limit it to about once a week.
Yep, this is correct.
I think so yea. I will surely have less ping on it (though I got like 220 on the beta :()
The beta was a mess though! You should be fine :3
And we're going to have "optimal" builds soon, that'll keep changing as people flock to the latest FOTM set.
I love this word "optimal". I hate cookie-cutting builds (WoW: "YOU PUT ONE POINT IN WHAT?! BANNED!) - I do prefer "optimal builds" though.

scy

So make a new character to play through new content like that. I enjoyed doing that as well but, honestly, I'd rather have more freedom in trying out builds rather than purely theorycrafting things. I think it's worth the tradeoff.

Now don't get me wrong! I haven't theorycrafted enough to know if that'll be the case, it's just my prediction. If you feel that you can kill an enemy to reproc frenzy right after ww then you should be safe with that build!

Can I ask you why you chose Dust Devil and not Volcanic Eruption though? Out of curiosity!
Kk. Yeah we won't know until trial I guess.
Oh, because this build is for when I get around lv.30 haha.

Also, I thought about Volcanic Eruption being Fire dmg and Dust Devil's Tornados being

physical dmg (like Druid's).

RoadHazard

Gold Member

edit: Beaten of course...

Seems to be that way, yeah. Kinda unnecessary, I'd say, but oh well.

However: Why does it accept "expired" codes? Shouldn't it not do that? I just typed in a code from the authenticator, waited long enough for a few new ones to be displayed before submitting, and the old one was still accepted. Weird.

I'm watching this show called Duck Dynasty to pass some time. It is amazing. This was an actual line on it:

"Ducts are like women in that they don't like mud on their butts."

I don't even know what that means.

maharg

idspispopd
I didn't really mean to start that whole thing up again. :p

Just seems like the best way to 'build' now is to just do it. Especially since most of the people doing it will probably have a lvl 60 character inside a week.

scy

Seems to be that way, yeah. Kinda unnecessary, I'd say, but oh well.

However: Why does it accept "expired" codes? Shouldn't it not do that? I just typed in a code from the authenticator, waited long enough for a few new ones to be displayed before submitting, and the old one was still accepted. Weird.

How long did you wait? I'll give it a try myself so I'm willing to say that the code on your side refreshes before it actually expires rather than the other way.

I didn't really mean to start that whole thing up again. :p

Just seems like the best way to 'build' now is to just do it. Especially since most of the people doing it will probably have a lvl 60 character inside a week.

Oh of course! Just try things out instead. I'm still a theorycrafter and number cruncher at heart, though :x

Yoshichan

Kk. Yeah we won't know until trial I guess.
Oh, because this build is for when I get around lv.30 haha.

Also, I thought about Volcanic Eruption being Fire dmg and Dust Devil's Tornados being

physical dmg (like Druid's)
Actually, Devil Tornado-rune makes it spawn small (RNG, randomly moving) tornadoes all over the place while Volcanic Eruption-rune is exactly like you're saying (no additional hitbox, just extra raw damage on the target)!
How many guest pass do you get with the CE?
Hmm, I think it's four. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong?

Actually, Devil Tornado-rune makes it spawn small (RNG, randomly moving) tornadoes all over the place while Volcanic Eruption-rune is exactly like you're saying (no additional hitbox, just extra raw damage on the target)!

Hoho. I see... so Volcanic Eruption should be much more reliable and powerful.

If tornadoes work like in D2, they were quite hard to hit people with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom