• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? The regular edition or the CE? My store had the game, but none in 150 miles had the CE.

The CE. It was outside of Pittsburgh in a Walmart located near a decent sized mall/restaurant area.

The person behind of me said he called a bunch of Walmarts in advance and they told him they didn't have anything. He was just going for the standard edition.

There was also some 60 year old lady ahead of me buying it for herself. She got some high fives.

ascully

Again, since no replied to my post about the USB key, be careful as the magnet that holds the USB key in place could? damage the data on it?

I think magnets only damage data on mechanical hard drives. USB drives are safe, I have a magnet and a USB drive on my keyring that has been in my pockets for years never had an issue.

Seth C

The CE. It was outside of Pittsburgh in a Walmart located near a decent sized mall/restaurant area.

The person behind of me said he called a bunch of Walmarts in advance and they told him they didn't have anything. He was just going for the standard edition.

There was also some 60 year old lady ahead of me buying it for herself. She got some high fives.

Nice. You must have been quite lucky then, as it seems none in Lexington, Louisville, or Cincinnati got any in. At least, they certainly weren't in the computer. the guy at the local store spent quite a lot of time checking stores based on UPC out to 150 miles.

mandiller

I just got my boxed copy in the mail I'm installing it now but it's going really, really slowly. It's been on 5 or 6% for a while now. Are there any issues with the installer? My dvd drive isn't this slow.

Noirulus

GAF: Noirulus
Battle Tag: CityOfNoir#1212
Region: North America
Class: Demon Hunter

Only 25% of the game has finished DLing. Not sure if I should wait for the whole thing to finish before playing because i'm on a laptop. :(

Edit: Seems that offline isn't available either? 2 hours left til I can play then!

JJD

So whats one more week?

Right now 1 week will feel like 4 years man...

It was getting unbearable a month ago when I downloaded the installer.

I doubt I will be able to concentrate on work...
Well I guess if offline was available I would concentrate even less!
:-(

JYgLx.jpg

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The Target CEs are saying out of stock now, pretty sure they never were in.

I think magnets only damage data on mechanical hard drives. USB drives are safe, I have a magnet and a USB drive on my keyring that has been in my pockets for years never had an issue.

and the magnet needs to be very strong to have an effect on a mechanical drive.

Zertez

If the previous WoW CEs are anything to go buy, the Diablo CE will be difficult to find at launch but the market will be flooded with them for a long time after launch.

You can buy a World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition for $40 at Gamestop right now. So don't flip out if Target cancels your order or gets sold out or something. I think the days of truly limited Collector's Editions are long over, for any major franchise.
I wouldnt go by the past WoW expansion. They printed a lot of Cata CE, coupled with it being a disappointment to some people and WoW not being as popular as it once was, the demand wasnt as high as they expected. I would go by the CE of SC2 more. It was more limited and it still goes for 120 dollars new. After release you could still find a copy here and there, but you had to look hard for it and I dont think I ever saw it for less than the initial 100 price tag. It was probably pretty tough for them to guess the demand for the CE, so more than likely they went conservative with the printing like SC2 and vanilla WoW. Blizzard games, barring WoW expansions, hold their value for a long time outside of a special promotion or Christmas sales. Who knows though, maybe the D3 CE will drop in price, but I wouldnt bet on it personally.

Carm

Looks like Wal-Mart finally started shipping out the CE's while I was playing Titan Quest, didn't even receive an email. Wonder which one will get here first Amazon or Wal-Mart.

I'm still stuck on what to name male and female Witch Doctors. Less than two hours to decide.

Regarding post a couple above mine. The SC2 CE was available, at least from Wal-Mart.com, months after release. Who knows how D3 CE will turn out.

I just got my boxed copy in the mail I'm installing it now but it's going really, really slowly. It's been on 5 or 6% for a while now. Are there any issues with the installer? My dvd drive isn't this slow.
The installer took forever for me and I installed from my hard drive. It's just slow.

Nirran

Picked up the Collector's Edition as well tonight. Called around to all the Walmarts around me but not a single one had any CEs. Called the local Meijers and they had two. me and a buddy showed up around 9pm and waited three hours. Amazing only one other guy showed up and he only wanted a Standard edition.

hlhbk

I have been pc gaming since 1993 and wierdly enough I never played either of the first 2 Diablo games. I really play games mainly for the story now, but do love some games without story that have great gameplay.

Gaf can you sell me why I should drop my hard earned cash on this game? Is there a demo of any kind, and if its private is there a way to get in? If I haven't played the first 2 games will I not undedrstand what is going on story wise?

Anyone?

cripterion

Maybe late for the party too but I confirm that can play the game on EU servers even though my account is set in the americas area (Playing from Japan).

Unfortunately have to go to work in a couple of minutes :(

Juice

I'm still annoyed that "midnight launch" === 3am eastern. Bought the game not realizing that an was really excited to play tonight. Sigh.

What class should I do? I generally like simpler classes (no pets or complex magic); in WoW, I think I preferred rogues and paladins.

Fugu

Play Diablo 2. I'm not about to recommend a game I've only played the first 45 minutes of, but I can tell you for damn sure that Diablo 2 has surely earned its legacy.

There is a demo, but you need a pass to play it; there's a thread dedicated to begging for passes already. You will probably be able to follow the plot, but maybe not. Again, as I haven't played the game, I can't really answer that. The story of 2 is pretty self-contained, but there will be some major details missing if you haven't played the first one. I assume that 3 will be similar.

krpiper

I'm still annoyed that "midnight launch" === 3am eastern. Bought the game not realizing that an was really excited to play tonight. Sigh.

What class should I do? I generally like simpler classes (no pets or complex magic); in WoW, I think I preferred rogues and paladins.

a Monk or a barb I would think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom