• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

The CE wings look absolutely awful. That would have been the only reason I would buy the CE so I'm glad I passed.

I thought they were going to look like Tyrael's tentacle wings.

tch

Target apparently had CE in stock now I might be late on this but:

You are a god! Thank you. I'm just going to stick with the Target online one (Which I'll have to wait until Friday-Tuesday) rather than risk not getting one at Walmart.

Squall516

ya i think those wings are kind of dumb and look really out of place. Idk i was going to get the CE but idk it doesn't really seem worth it, not to me at least. I dont care about the behind the scenes or soundtrack. The USB is pretty cool but i mean its only 4Gb you can get like a 16gb for 10 bucks and I already have D2. So idk, i mean if they really had like some good in game content and not just aesthetic things i think it would probably be much more worth it. Besides im sure later on you will be able to buy stuff like that from the auction house. I mean for $99 US, you guys really think it's worth it?

border

If the previous WoW CEs are anything to go buy, the Diablo CE will be difficult to find at launch but the market will be flooded with them for a long time after launch.

You can buy a World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition for $40 at Gamestop right now. So don't flip out if Target cancels your order or gets sold out or something. I think the days of truly limited Collector's Editions are long over, for any major franchise.

Junie12

The CE wings look absolutely awful. That would have been the only reason I would buy the CE so I'm glad I passed.

That's a shame, Eh I mostly got the CE for the Art book and the BD's so the wings was never a big deal to me.

tch

ya i think those wings are kind of dumb and look really out of place. Idk i was going to get the CE but idk it doesn't really seem worth it, not to me at least. I dont care about the behind the scenes or soundtrack. The USB is pretty cool but i mean its only 4Gb you can get like a 16gb for 10 bucks and I already have D2. So idk, i mean if they really had like some good in game content and not just aesthetic things i think it would probably be much more worth it. Besides im sure later on you will be able to buy stuff like that from the auction house. I mean for $99 US, you guys really think it's worth it?

Is for me. Artbook is AMAZING. Skull is rad and the USB stone is just extra awesome. +wings and soundtrack? Hell yes.

So I've got the annual pass. If I download the game tonight and play then pick up my CE in the morning and upgrade my account will the CE extras like the wings just appear on my characters? Or should I just suck it up and wait till the morning to play lol?

theta11

Back from Gamestop with Diablo III! Funny thing is I was 2/20 people there went to pick up Diablo. Everyone else got Max Payne 3.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm ready.

d3desk.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
So I've got the annual pass. If I download the game tonight and play then pick up my CE in the morning and upgrade my account will the CE extras like the wings just appear on my characters? Or should I just suck it up and wait till the morning to play lol?

Yeah the virtual items will just show up.

In regards to the CE USB drive, anyone else notice they use a magnet to hold the USB drive in the skull? Would this not damage/wipe data from the flash drive?

Squall516

ya i agree with you, i was thinking the same thing.

Is for me. Artbook is AMAZING. Skull is rad and the USB stone is just extra awesome. +wings and soundtrack? Hell yes.

Ya i mean im not an artist or anyting so artbook doesn't do much for me. I mean ull look at it once and then what it will just sit on a shelf lol. And yes i agree the skull and USB thing is pretty sick, and the soundtrack is ok i guess But just those things make it worth like 50 bucks more? I dont think so. Like i said you can get like a 32gb stick for like 15 bucks online lolz

neoism

so did anyone get 4 guess passes... damn.

Standard game get... Was surprised by the people their only like 10... guess everyone got the DV. Also I can only active this on one account right, and install it as many times as I wait right.... fuck waiting til 3 to play error 37... BED TIME :p Have fun guys. :p
<3

ya i agree with you, i was thinking the same thing.

Ya i mean im not an artist or anyting so artbook doesn't do much for me. I mean ull look at it once and then what it will just sit on a shelf lol. And yes i agree the skull and USB thing is pretty sick, and the soundtrack is ok i guess But just those things make it worth like 50 bucks more? I dont think so. Like i said you can get like a 32gb stick for like 15 bucks online lolz

When I troll, I use this phrase.....

tch

Cool then yeah it's probably not for you. Yeah I mean the game is by far the most important and valuable thing so I can understand your position

geekamania

Neo Member
Don't want to seem like a beggar, but figured I'd ask again since this thread is moving pretty fast & some kind soul may have missed when I posted earlier:

If anyone has a spare guest pass they'd want to trade I'd be much appreciative. Getting the CE sometime tomorrow, but likely not 'til afternoonish.

Squall516

When I troll, I use this phrase.....

haha im not trying to troll or anything lol so im sry not trying to offend anyone. I just dont understand how they can justify the fact that the skull and USB is worth that much of an increase in price for the CE considering like i said u can get USB sticks for really cheap now

Just got back from picking up the CE. store manager trolled everyone hard saying he had a direct message from blizzard saying due to server instability it wouldnt be playable until early wednesday or thursday at the earliest

I admit, I believed him for like a second

Seth C

I have a copy of the regular edition. I can probably only play it 3-4 hours tomorrow then not at all for a month. I want the CE. If only I had a guest pass I could just order the CE from Target. I can't decide. Argh.

Riggs

Banned
Just got back from picking up the CE. store manager trolled everyone hard saying he had a direct message from blizzard saying due to server instability it wouldnt be playable until early wednesday or thursday at the earliest

I admit, I believed him for like a second

Wow what a dick rofl.

haha im not trying to troll or anything lol so im sry not trying to offend anyone. I just dont understand how they can justify the fact that the skull and USB is worth that much of an increase in price for the CE considering like i said u can get USB sticks for really cheap now

Well the usb stick is obviously more of a novelty than a full blown usb key you will bring to work/ school ect. Also many people "collect" collectors editions. They like having game memorabilia, art, soundtrack ect. Clearly the CE is not for you, but many people out their are happy to pay for the CE.

Squall516

ya no i completely agree. I mean it's not like I never get any CE's lol Just think some really are worth it and some are not. I mean if your not really gonna ever use the USB stick then why get it lol. And the wings are just aesthetic it's not like anything useful. I mean i got the ME3 collectors that's was awesome bc it comes with a lot of stuff you can actually use in game. They need to have more things like that i think. Thats really worth while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom