• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sothpaw

Whelp, do not go to Shacknews if you don't want any spoilers. Nice juicy spoiler in the first image of the first story on the news page :/

CTE

Was in EB games picking up Darkness II for 20 bucks on sale and the rep got excited at one point and told me he had an extra CE coming en route to join the 2 he had already. There was only 2 guys in line at the time both for CE. So that meant that the third place in line, the one I was looking at, was a guaranteed CE.

Had to leave to do some funeral stuff, though. So no guaranteed CE for me. Bet the next guy looking was one happy camper, though. Backflips and shit kind of happy.

LogicStep

That doesn't help me at all.

It has an interesting story to it and you probably won't know what's going on. But that's what the videos in the OP (I think they are there) are there for. There's videos that recap the whole story from the first games. The gameplay is what makes the game. It's an action rpg and judging by Diablo 2 and Blizzard's pedigree you can count on that being one of the tightest experiences you will get in the genre, if not the best. I say look at some gameplay videos and see if it's for you and look at the recap videos to see if it's interesting enough for you. If you like what you see, get it.

Cipherr

Lol, Walmart just emailed me saying they canceled my CE due to stock issues and will email me a 10 dollar gift card. But I had already secured one on Amazon and canceled my walmart order before they even started canceling orders. /Shrug, if they want to send me 10 bucks, whatevs.

Yeah I think monk makes the most sense for me. Monks won't e expected to tank role, will they?

Yeah no tank/healer/dps dedicated roles in this game, so dont even worry about it. Just Smash.

tumblr_lzm1tn9vAf1qzlvmi.gif

Dresden

I think the beginning is easy for every class. Hard to gauge real difficulty until we go up against harder content with higher level abilities and runes.

Fugu

Given that he said that Monk felt too easy, can you offer an opinion on the difficulty of the other classes?
I'm a pretty longtime Diablo player and I found the game to be unusually easy as the DH.

I know it's the beginning. The first forty-five minutes of Diablo and Diablo 2 are not nearly that easy.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm a pretty longtime Diablo player and I found the game to be unusually easy as the DH.

I know it's the beginning. The first forty-five minutes of Diablo and Diablo 2 are not nearly that easy.

Diablo 2 is stupid easy at the beginning.

tch

Went to Walmart. About 5 guys in line. Store received 2 CEs, said other local stores received zero. Have one ordered on Target, it fucking better not get cancelled

Lain

Killed
Skeleton King
, made it to level 10 and got a nice chest item out of it.
Found out
a man that fell down from the sky
in the crater and I'm wondering, how
did he survive?!

BobDylan

my parents made fun of me for going out at midnight to pick up a game that I played when I was in middle school. parents just dont understand.

valeo

Hilarious that people are still saying this an hour and a bit away from launch when it's simply not true in any way shape or form.

It's gonna be a long day to see that UPS truck to drop off my CE!

The window right next to my computer desk looks out onto the street. So I'll be watching and waiting.

From Amazon tracking, it looks like it's still on the plane though and hasn't arrived locally. Mine was coming from Reno, Nevada, which is pretty far away from where I live in the Midwest.

And kameha5th, quote that image. It's huge.

Amazon scared the shit out of me. I just went there to check if they finally shipped the CE, and what I found in my open orders was this text:

"No orders found.
Don't see what you're looking for?"

They shipped it, but I had to look for orders made in the last six months to find it. It is currently at 348.8 miles away from me.

Have a great opening night. I'll join tomorrow.

my parents made fun of me for going out at midnight to pick up a game that I played when I was in middle school. parents just dont understand.

my parents do, they still play diablo 2. they going to be so jelly. also saw a 60 year old lookin dude getting the game at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom