• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

notsol337

marked forever
Are character names tied to the realm, or are they tied to your battletag? I'm going to cry if I don't get the name I want for my everything.

Rokam

Oh god I don't know what to play, Life Stealing Regenerating Barbarian, or Holyfire Monk. Putting Witch Doctor on the backburner.

Magnus

Do you have your authenticator serial number?

Why would you have to call blizzard?

I can see a serial number when I log into this installation of the app, yeah. This app doesn't appear to be synced to my account with Blizzard though. When I attempt to use their new 'Restore' feature for fresh installations of the authenticator app, it tells me to use the serial number/restore code I would have been asked to write down upon my initial installation of the app, except that version of the app a year ago or whatever didn't have that feature, lol!

So here I am with an installation of the app and without that original serial code, as far as I can tell.

I'm on the phone on hold now; looks like customer service is actually open outside normal hours, given D3's launch. 15 min wait, not bad.

Bebpo

Banned
So I don't know anything about how Blizzard works as I haven't bought a Blizzard game in two decades, but I bought this tonight off their site, downloaded the client, and for the last 3 hours its sat at 1%. Am I doing something wrong or are their servers so hammered it will be impossible to download the game for the next day or two?

And sometimes when I quit and restart the launcher it says "updating blizzard launcher 0%" and sits there.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh god I don't know what to play, Life Stealing Regenerating Barbarian, or Holyfire Monk. Putting Witch Doctor on the backburner.

image.php

Monk.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Pretty surreal that the game is finally coming out. Fond memories of picking up Diablo 2 at CompUSA on a whim and loving it. Can't wait to dig in!

I can see a serial number when I log into this installation of the app, yeah. This app doesn't appear to be synced to my account with Blizzard though. When I attempt to use their new 'Restore' feature for fresh installations of the authenticator app, it tells me to use the serial number/restore code I would have been asked to write down upon my initial installation of the app, except that version of the app a year ago or whatever didn't have that feature, lol!

So here I am with an installation of the app and without that original serial code, as far as I can tell.

I'm on the phone on hold now; looks like customer service is actually open outside normal hours, given D3's launch. 15 min wait, not bad.

Ah, I removed the authenticator I had on my ipod and installed a new one on my android

But if you have the ios app then redownloading it from the app store should have the same serial number as your old one....

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So I don't know anything about how Blizzard works as I haven't bought a Blizzard game in two decades, but I bought this tonight off their site, downloaded the client, and for the last 3 hours its sat at 1%. Am I doing something wrong or are their servers so hammered it will be impossible to download the game for the next day or two?

And sometimes when I quit and restart the launcher it says "updating blizzard launcher 0%" and sits there.

It's a torrent, so make sure the relevant ports are open, and your firewall's not blocking anything.

zroid

Banned
Let's be honest here: That nap will not happen.

It may have except my PC crashed twice during installation and I had to take a wad of Q-tips to clean out the fans before it finally went through...

I don't play PC games very often ~_~

That pretty much devoured any potential naptime. 14 minutes.

My pregame nap was a fail. I can never sleep when I'm excited. I will play play play and probably nod off during my 9AM staff meeting at work. Totally worth it!

Evlar

Banned
Was closer to an hour, hoping Blizzard have used the Asia and EU launches to prepare and plan accordingly.

Panic and terror are not great prep tools, I'd imagine. (Besides, it's not like the same people are on the ground in each location... what a hellhole THAT would be).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom