• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Not surprised whatsoever, but you'd seriously think a multibillion dollar company with this many years of planning could've done this better, or at least give an official acknowledgment there's problems and a time estimate

Why do that when you can just be a bunch of cheap, penny-pinching fucks without an ounce of decency or professionalism?

Not surprised whatsoever, but you'd seriously think a multibillion dollar company with this many years of planning could've done this better, or at least give an official acknowledgment there's problems and a time estimate

Except that there's no problem. This is how it works. It's completely ridiculous to expect them to spent millions of dollars in infrastructure to buid out a system that can handle the needs of a <12 hour usage spike that is about 10 orders of magnitude higher than anything else the game will experience.

who the FUCK thought that it was good idea to launch the to the whole Americas (whole, you know, like me in Argentina) at the same time?!

kotick.jpg

Really hope this works out within the hour, friends and I are waiting around :(.

Think I'm gonna go ahead and just watch some Mad Men or somethin'

Give you guys a clear line to create your characters and I'll try again in 20 minutes or so

Really the games been out for like 30 minutes - a few hours. And everyone is connecting all at once and people are surprised that there are problems.

Goddam white people problems. It's amazing this thing is even out.

depths20XX

Except that there's no problem. This is how it works. It's completely ridiculous to expect them to spent millions of dollars in infrastructure to buid out a system that can handle the needs of a <12 hour usage spike that is about 10 orders of magnitude higher than anything else the game will experience.

Exactly. lol @ people flipping their shit about this.

Juice

Unfortunately for Blizzard, they've trained all of their fans to keep clicking the same thing over and over even when no positive reinforcement is given.

Not sure when the traffic will subside.

UberTag

My current routine...

1. Click Create Hero.
2. Alt-TAB
3. F5 on NeoGAF D3 thread.
4. Read bitching.
5. Smile and nod.
6. Alt-TAB back to D3, get 300008. Wait 15 seconds. Get 3006.
7. Repeat Step 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom