• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

ibkjrFpr1p29oN.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
First time I got in, I made a character and waited ~15 minutes. Closed the game, tried logging in and after about 5 minutes I got in and my character was there! woo!

masud

Banned
Why are you doing this to me Blizzard? Iv'e purchased every game you've ever made. Including Diablo 2 like 4 times. What else do you want?

Gotchaye

Except that there's no problem. This is how it works. It's completely ridiculous to expect them to spent millions of dollars in infrastructure to buid out a system that can handle the needs of a <12 hour usage spike that is about 10 orders of magnitude higher than anything else the game will experience.

That seems to me to be missing the point. Blizzard could easily have designed the game so that people could play single player offline. They didn't, largely to prevent piracy and somewhat in order to encourage RMAH use. It's perfectly legitimate for people to be upset about Blizzard delivering a product that works less well than it could in order to add "features" that don't actually make the people who bought the game much better off.

At minimum, if you're going to force always-online in order to stop pirates, you really need to be going all-out to make sure that you're not inconveniencing paying customers.

Really the games been out for like 30 minutes - a few hours. And everyone is connecting all at once and people are surprised that there are problems.

Goddam white people problems. It's amazing this thing is even out.

I don't think anyone here is surprised.
And I'm more annoyed over the "white people" comment than the server problems.

bonesquad

Ctrl-V...Enter...Dammit...Enter

Doh. Wish it had an auto retry every 30 secs instead.

demolitio

Go to sleep already, Americans.

Uhhhh, there's this whole hell being unleashed thing that we need to fix first and Satan doesn't wait around for people to rest up...

I wish piracy was never an issue and the game industry was healthy. We can't have everything :|

All this ever does is stop people from playing early but does nothing to actual piracy. So really, the only people getting tortured are the paying customers while the pirates just wait around for cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom