• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiablo

cmc7J.png

Economan

Diablo
4 minutes ago
Welcome to Diablo III! The fight for Sanctuary has begun.

Please note that due to a high volume of traffic, login and character creation may be slower than normal. If you're unable to login to the game or create characters, please wait and try again. We've temporarily taken our Battle.net websites offline and launched more servers to accomodate for the traffic. We hope to resolve these issues as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

http://www.facebook.com/Diablo

More than 800 likes!

That's a rather weak excuse. Someone with foresight could e.g. design the server infrastructure so that it runs on the cloud, and automatically only ever rents as much capacity as is required at a given moment in time.

That's actually a terrible idea. You can't run the servers of a game like this on the cloud. For one thing, you don't have control over the hardware. And you don't have your own people in charge of fixing things when something goes wrong. Also, it's slower.

Source: Someone who has evaluated the use of cloud based infrastructure for an online game.

Magnus

What? He cracked the egg by slamming his hand on it. You've never seen an egg that isn't white have you?

Good lord, I'm retarded. The whole thing looked flat to me and I was barely paying attention. And yeah, the color threw me off, since I typically only see and use white eggs in my life. :p

Phenomic

I got some weird party message and now everything is grayed out at the character selection screen. I dunno if I should just keep waiting for just give it up.

tirminyl

Good lord, I'm retarded. The whole thing looked flat to me and I was barely paying attention. And yeah, the color threw me off, since I typically only see and use white eggs in my life. :p

It's ok. I'll attribute it to the stress of Diablo launch night.
insert that's_racist.gif j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom