• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm not Asian.

Something I'm curious about in regards to dual wielding with Monk. Should I bother if my other weapon is lower in DPS? Seems like my character sheet will report my damage is higher, but in application I'll attack just as fast and my attacks associated with the other weapon do less damage, so it seems like they alternate rather than stack. Meaning I'll get more consistent high damage sticking to the one weapon?

Picking this up after work then. I do not PC game anymore and all I have is a 4 year old Toshiba laptop and the video card overheats. I need to crack it open and put some thermal paste on the GPU but I am too lazy/scared.

Anyways, windowed mode keeps my card from overheating. And I have a Geforce 8700M GT so I meet the requirements.

I have avoided the hype and anticipation. Now, I am 100% pumped to install this later.

I played D2 post patch 1.09 online for 4 years or so religously, went through several accounts, would buy items off Lewt. Then later I botted a bit and it killed the game for me. I played WoW off and on and then hardcore raiding pre-cataclysm. I quit a few months after Ulduar. As I spent way too much time raiding and it was really affecting my life.

Anyways, the point is I fucking love Blizzard, and I kept myself from being excited about DIII, I haven't played it at all, just watched a few videos last year. Poked my head in a couple of times on the beta forum and that is it. Now, I have only to be anxious for 7 hours until I can pick this up. HYPE TRAIN AT FULL SPEED until then.

tldr; I am buying DIII and I have been addicted to every other Blizzard RPG. My life is over.

Date Time Location Event Details
May 15, 2012 07:44:00 AM Plymouth Meeting PA US Delivered
iYJfN2ZoZkqbU.gif

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody know if there's a way to launch the game without going through the launcher? I know that the BNet ports are not blocked at work (we used to play the beta and are still playing WOW and SC2) but the launcher is bugging out because the p2p is blocked.

scy

Something I'm curious about in regards to dual wielding with Monk. Should I bother if my other weapon is lower in DPS? Seems like my character sheet will report my damage is higher, but in application I'll attack just as fast and my attacks associated with the other weapon do less damage, so it seems like they alternate rather than stack. Meaning I'll get more consistent high damage sticking to the one weapon?

You're correct that the game alternates weapon swings (MH -> OH -> MH -> OH) so you'd actually lose damage overall if your off-hand weapon is that much worse than your main hand. Yes, you get 15% IAS for dual wielding but if you have a 20 DPS weapon in the MH and a 10 DPS in the off-hand, you're doing less damage overall.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm so glad to read this.
Like, it's no fucking joke. If you liked normal then you'll love nightmare because it's 5x better.

th3dude

I just finished setting up my 'PC in the living room' setup last night. My Razer Nostromo is coming today while I'm at work. D3 on a 50" plasma incoming....

HYPE.

I want GPS tracking, dammit UPS!

And I think I've settled on a title for OT2. I have some other good ones up my sleeve, but I'll probably save them for later as they work better when the game's been out for a bit.

You're correct that the game alternates weapon swings (MH -> OH -> MH -> OH) so you'd actually lose damage overall if your off-hand weapon is that much worse than your main hand. Yes, you get 15% IAS for dual wielding but if you have a 20 DPS weapon in the MH and a 10 DPS in the off-hand, you're doing less damage overall.
Good to know, thanks.

scy

I want GPS tracking, dammit UPS!

And I think I've settled on a title for OT2. I have some other good ones up my sleeve, but I'll probably save them for later as they work better when the game's been out for a bit.

Still *click* *click* *click*-ing

Good to know, thanks.

For the record, that applies to all classes. Dual Wielding isn't always "sweet, more damage!" just by throwing something in there. Try to keep the two weapons relatively close. If your Main Hand is leagues better than your off-hand, you're better off not dual wielding. Typically.

I wish I could give something more concrete than "similar DPS" though :|

zlatko

Banned
My boss and co-worker just bull shitted about basketball for an hour straight, making that go a fuck lot faster lol.

The grind continues.

WallJump

Banned
I just finished setting up my 'PC in the living room' setup last night. My Razer Nostromo is coming today while I'm at work. D3 on a 50" plasma incoming....

HYPE.

Once I get a TV stand and a receiver for surround, my new 47" LED is going to get LIT UP BABY

HYPE HYPE HYPE CAN'T TAKE THIS MUCH MORE

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So how is it? I played Diablo 1 twice back in the 90s.

Should I jump in?

No. It's horrible, and we're all posting in this thread so quickly because we all think it sucks. :p

Yoshichan

If it takes a little bit of planning and strategy I'll love it.
It takes a lot of planning and strategy. At least that's how it is for my frenzy baba. If you press one button wrong, you're pretty much dead. Example: you proc your defensive cooldown two seconds earlier than you should, it runs out and the champions kills you. gg

Justin

It is terrifying when you get several wallers at once. I got trapped in a small box with like 8 champions. It was scary for my demon hunter :(

Waller is going to be brutal for HC.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
OT2 title should really stay the same... people didn't even get to start clicking until around the 15,000th reply. Unless we're talking about clicking the refresh button on our browsers.

ShaneB

Spent a good chunk of my morning here are work browsing the NA launch.

That was chaos indeed, but entertaining to say the least! :p

Venfayth

OT2 title should really stay the same... people didn't even get to start clicking until around the 15,000th reply. Unless we're talking about clicking the refresh button on our browsers.

I find it funny (and awesome) that OT2 will be the same day the game releases :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom