• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evlar

Banned
I just read a tweet by someone in my feed that says the first person in the world to beat the game was Yoshichan. Is that true? If so, awesome!

There was a report in the thread last night (and a spoiler image, and a ban) of Koreans finishing the game before Yoshi even got logged in.

What'd you do?

Also, what class are you playing?

Witch Doctor. Game just froze. Could run around and chat, that's it. The menus weren't responding either, had to kill the game by task manager. Can't login anymore, error 3006.

34 page thread on the EU forums with people with the same problems, waiting for a magical fix.

Jeff_Chen

Banned
Still waiting for Canada Post... Internet just went down for a short while. PANIC!!! But now I'm cool again. Rogers your joke is not funny at all!

Prolly 2 hours to go until the guy with my game shows up. HURRY!!!

Witch Doctor. Game just froze. Could run around and chat, that's it. The menus weren't responding either, had to kill the game by task manager. Can't login anymore, error 3006.

34 page thread on the EU forums with people with the same problems, waiting for a magical fix.

Ouch. That really sucks. Hopefully Blizz fixes this quickly. :(

zlatko

Banned

Any blues respond in it?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Why can't we use two ID with one game on the same PC, like you can on PS3 and 360. :( I should be able to use my account ID to play when he goes offline. Now I'll have to use my guy's account and make a separate character on it. :'( That sucks massively!!!

bounchfx

this game looks like wow? are some of you blind? the closest comparison is that it's hand painted.

apparently any game with color now looks like wow.. :\

anyway, this is one of the best looking games I've seen, the style is great, and while it may not be 'dark' or 'gritty' enough for some, it's certainly a work of art and very well made.

itxaka

Defeatist
Let's see theorycrafters! A quick question

When a weapon says 15.5dps and then below it says +2 ice damage (for example) is that extra damage counted in the 15.5dps already or it's on top of it?

thanks!

It's really disappointing to hear that there are game breaking bugs, especially, when apparently the bug is easily replicated.

The server issues are disappointing as well but with a launch this large is wasn't unexpected.

Lombax

Banned
Has anyone found a breakdown of the level ranges per difficulty? For example what level would you expect to be after completing normal mode.

scy

Let's see theorycrafters! A quick question

When a weapon says 15.5dps and then below it says +2 ice damage (for example) is that extra damage counted in the 15.5dps already or it's on top of it?

thanks!

It's already counted in the calculations.

Oh, and just giving an early heads up, but if you read this post, please don't post in OT2 until I have the second post. I'd really like the extra room for expansion, as it will make the thread better for everyone. At most I can save a little more room over what I have now, but that will run out quickly.

There will be warnings at least at the top of the post to hold off on posting.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Holy SHIT I love how I'm adapting my runes and skill depending on the situation... act 1? Need some aoe and cc! Switchin' it upppppp!

Soooooooooo FUCKING GOOOOOOODLIKE

EXCELLENT.

God I am not in the mood to be at work today. I shouldn't have played at all this morning, it's just making this day that much harder to get through. I sense a late night coming up tonight...

Any blues respond in it?

Yeah. This is their latest post:

Hey guys,

A hotfix is in the works and we want to get it implemented as soon as possible. We don't have an ETA for you, but we will try to update you on this situation in this thread and on Twitter.

Thanks!

Let's play the waiting game. And when Blizzard says they don't have an ETA it scares me.

scy

Mine was actually delivered before I left for work this morning. My tracking didn't update until I was already here though. Wish I could have seen the box, lol.

I'm only concerned since it's raining right now and I have a feeling my box will just be sitting outside until I get off work :|

Ainaurdur

55 minute wait to get through to Blizzard support via phone. Neat.

Yeah, I have another friend who has also been waiting quite a while for support to talk to him. Though in his case, he simply forgot his password and needs to get it changed or something. Not sure why the online form wasn't working for him.

Kem0sabe

That direction looks much nicer than the one they went with, still... screenshots are one thing, in movement is another.

Did they focus test this until they came up with "11 million people can´t be wrong with liking WoW´s graphics"?

this game looks like wow? are some of you blind? the closest comparison is that it's hand painted.

apparently any game with color now looks like wow.. :\

anyway, this is one of the best looking games I've seen, the style is great, and while it may not be 'dark' or 'gritty' enough for some, it's certainly a work of art and very well made.

Garrish colors, over saturation, armors, weapons, effects, it all screams "WoW".

If you want to see a masterpiece of Graphics in an RPG, i recommend the Witcher 2.

But anyways, it´s an RPG, people are not playing it for the graphics, but a lot of people loved the style of the first 2 games, there was no reason to change it.

Realyn

act2 spoilers

just beat Belial. HOLY FUCK this encounter is nerv wrecking on HC. I've never been really low ... but knowing that he can hit hard ... :eek:

edit: or should this in the other thread? Sorry, if so. How long do we have to spoiler act bosses and stuff anyway ?

Tonza

Got through this once with a friend and Im kind of underwhelmed.
It was a fun ride and all but Im not sure it will have lasting appeal to me.

I also stopped getting achievements at act 2 so I got pretty much no achievements from the run.

Aeana

Yeah, I have another friend who has also been waiting quite a while for support to talk to him. Though in his case, he simply forgot his password and needs to get it changed or something. Not sure why the online form wasn't working for him.
We're trying to get the SE key released from an account after it was upgraded to CE. I can't play until that happens, so I'm a little bit extra impatient. (._. )

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck YESSSSSSS Life steal weaponsssssss
You aren't going to become too cool for GAF now that you are a celebrity?
Well I'm getting banned today so whatever :3

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
How do you know what act you are in? Is there a place you can check or does it pop up on screen? I have to be pretty far, but I dont rember ever seeing an "Act II" come up...

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
how are people getting Diablo into steam? or are they not? I thought I saw someone post a pic of it in their library.... Do I have to purchase it through steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom