• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally logged into Diablo III around 4AM EST time this morning and played until work (~4 hours). Got my WD to lvl 11, got some good drops, & had a blast! Ned to play more!!!!

injurai

Banned
It takes a lot of planning and strategy. At least that's how it is for my frenzy baba. If you press one button wrong, you're pretty much dead. Example: you proc your defensive cooldown two seconds earlier than you should, it runs out and the champions kills you. gg

Cream all over... me gusta

At work now. Wish I were home playing.

I have to say, this is the prettiest game Blizzard has released to date. The art direction is flawless. From design to color, its just so god damned good looking. A lot of developers are interested in making games look good by "pushing" gfx, but Blizzard does the same by being smart, IMO.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
OT2 title should really stay the same... people didn't even get to start clicking until around the 15,000th reply. Unless we're talking about clicking the refresh button on our browsers.

OT2 should be *type* *type* *type* in reminiscent of this thread. lol

Peterthumpa

At work now. Wish I were home playing.

I have to say, this is the prettiest game Blizzard has released to date. The art direction is flawless. From design to color, its just so god damned good looking. A lot of developers are interested in making games look good by "pushing" gfx, but Blizzard does the same by being smart, IMO.

QFT, I don't know why people were saying that this game looks bad.

marjo

Does anyone know if you can use a Guest Pass key with a retail install? I want to give my friend a guest pass, but he's got a relatively slow net connection. If I can, I'd rather loan him my DVD so he can install using that.

TheKurgan

Canada Post seems to have lost my copy of Diablo III. Was out for delivery yesterday and never arrived. If my thoughts could kill world population would be dropping rapidly...

For anyone who has played and beaten the game on normal, how long did it take? How was the length compared to Diablo II?

I feel like I have been at work for hours, and I still have 7 more hours to go - not going to be a good day...

Canada Post seems to have lost my copy of Diablo III. Was out for delivery yesterday and never arrived. If my thoughts could kill world population would be dropping rapidly...

For anyone who has played and beaten the game on normal, how long did it take? How was the length compared to Diablo II?

I feel like I have been at work for hours, and I still have 7 more hours to go - not going to be a good day...

Yoshi beat it in 12 hours.

Korean Diablo III only takes 5 hours.
I assume they're rushing through it.

marjo

That sucks. Did you check your mailbox? I thought I was in the same boat yesterday because my wife said no deliveries arrived, but it turned out they left it in the mailbox.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy SHIT I love how I'm adapting my runes and skill depending on the situation... act 1? Need some aoe and cc! Switchin' it upppppp!

Soooooooooo FUCKING GOOOOOOODLIKE

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I woke up this morning, logged in for 2 mins, just enough to see the character creation screen.

I shouldn't have.

Now my day at work suuuuuucks.

Thorhald

Question for anyone:

I'm level 16 and I'm wondering if I join my friends who are much lower level, will I be gimping them of XP if I play with them?

Kem0sabe

QFT, I don't know why people were saying that this game looks bad.

I honestly prefer Diablo 2´s color scheme and art direction more than 3´s.

It´s too colorful, too cartoony and too much in line with WoW. Diablo 1 and 2 set a distinct art style and color palette that Blizzard simply abandoned in favor of the current one.

Personal taste´s and all.

zlatko

Banned
I will say the Skeleton king was a smidge harder here in the retail on normal with my Monk than beta. Maybe I was better equipped in beta? Not sure.

I remember my first time in beta solo normal I was just standing there and didn't need to avoid shit. Healed myself 1-2 times?

Retail I had to avoid him, heal often, kill his minions, etc. Took some actual work since he could easily drop you to 50% health or less if you let him bonk you.

injurai

Banned
I honestly prefer Diablo 2´s color scheme and art direction more than 3´s.

It´s too colorful, too cartoony and too much in line with WoW. Diablo 1 and 2 set a distinct art style and color palette that Blizzard simply abandoned in favor of the current one.

Personal taste´s and all.

the game doesn't look Diablo, are what people are saying.

perhaps you guys would have preferred this

http://kotaku.com/5761172/this-is-what-diablo-iii-looked-like-a-long-time-ago/gallery/1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WTB life steal gear please. PM or qote

TheKurgan

That sucks. Did you check your mailbox? I thought I was in the same boat yesterday because my wife said no deliveries arrived, but it turned out they left it in the mailbox.

Yeah I checked my mailbox, had a deliver key, opened up the delivery box and it was a package for someone a block away from me. I don't have a lot of faith in Canada Post so I will pick up a second copy from Future Shop on the way home and then return my mailed copy if it ever arrives.

DoctorWho said:
Yoshi beat it in 12 hours.

Sounds like it is close in length to Diablo II - which is good enough for me.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just read a tweet by someone in my feed that says the first person in the world to beat the game was Yoshichan. Is that true? If so, awesome!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Holy SHIT I love how I'm adapting my runes and skill depending on the situation... act 1? Need some aoe and cc! Switchin' it upppppp!

Soooooooooo FUCKING GOOOOOOODLIKE

Originally I thought I'd hate how "EZMODE" they made this. But after remembering how many hours I poured into D2 just to realize my build wouldn't work in Hell...I welcome this. I welcome this a lot. <3

DrBo42

Made it to the beginning of Act III with friends, gotta be honest..pretty underwhelmed. It's my first diablo game so perhaps that's why. I dunno, not seeing anything special here yet.

scy

Holy shit that is magnificent. I never got into that game but a friend is trying to get me to play it.

lol~ I get bored at work, I guess. The Disgaea 4 one was probably more in-depth but I think the math-y stuff scared people away.

@Dual Wielding - Just doing some random out of thin air numbers, just try to stay within 25% of your Main Hand (e.g., if 10 DPS MH, 7.5 DPS or better off-hand; if 40 DPS MH, 30 DPS or better off-hand). To be safe, I'd probably say within 20%.

..or just use the in-game stat sheet DPS. It's fairly good at telling you things.

Venfayth

Which I don't get at all, The game absolutely looks like Diablo.

Yeah, I agree.

act 1 spoilers, maybe
Even with its own unique twists. That fucking fiery place at the end of Act 1? Amazing. I loved the art direction for that dungeon. I'm even going to go back and run through it once more just for fun because I want to see more fiery zombies exploding :)

eek5

Just finished Act 1. The game is a ton of fun so far. I'm loving the skill system. It makes the combat pretty enjoyable.

Justin

No, being serious, as I edited in to my first post I know basically nothing about the skill system. I've been on complete media blackout for this game.
There are no specs. You can change your skills and runes at any time. It is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom