• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgbball31

Out for delivery at 8:12 AM, probably won't be here till 2:00-2:30, aka the time I have to leave for work.

I hate waiting, and I'm not sure reading this thread is helping or not.

The Chef

This is honestly getting ridiculous. I can't contain myself. I really feel that I need to explain how good this fucking game is right now.

This is what I like to hear. I'm still on the fence and am begging in the other thread for a pass. If I don't get one soon I may just crack.

Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno are NG+ mode kind of things, not "Choose Hard mode?" difficulty selectors.

Ah, I see. I recall reading something about them unlocking once you clear Act I? I guess that was changed some time ago to be a NG+ feature? (Sorry for the questions, I've just been finding conflicting information when I try to find it myself.)

Teknoman

Not really Diablo stuff on my end since I'll probably get around to the game later, but I noticed that about a third of our Desktop team at work (IT division, who also make up the bulk of the company WoW guild) is mysteriously absent today.

Diablo's minions strengthen.

Can someone elaborate on the "Install from DVD -> still have to download 7GB" situation?

So...if you applying the Hardcore modifier to whatever difficulty you're playing on...does it allow an opportunity to find better loot?

So...

Normal gets you loot
Normal - Hardcore gets you loot +1 (or whatever)

Also...are more challenging difficulties available from the start beyond Normal?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Anyone get the guide? Hard cover but its $40! After spending 100 on the ce I dont feel comfortable spending on that guide.

Hows the guide?

Never buy a guide to a Blizzard game.

Dresden

Anyone get the guide? Hard cover but its $40! After spending 100 on the ce I dont feel comfortable spending on that guide.

Hows the guide?

Generally buying guides for any online game that's going to patched to hell and back is a bad idea. Get it if you want something on your shelves.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Generally buying guides for any online game that's going to patched to hell and back is a bad idea. Get it if you want something on your shelves.

I'm pretty sure there are parts of the guide that are already out of date.

scy

Ah, I see. I recall reading something about them unlocking once you clear Act I? I guess that was changed some time ago to be a NG+ feature? (Sorry for the questions, I've just been finding conflicting information when I try to find it myself.)

You might be thinking of Hardcore which is not a difficulty change but merely permadeath mode. It does not give better loot or anything, just better warm fuzzy feelings when you do something awesome. That unlocks once you reach Level 10.

Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno have always been NG+ things.

Edit: Just to clarify, beat Normal, you go into Nightmare. Beat Nightmare, you go into Hell, Beat Hell, you go into Inferno. It's a progression thing.

Beepos

How does the length of the other acts compare to the first?

It felt like Act 1 was much much longer than the first in D2, taking me and a mate (wizard/demon hunter) over 4 hours to finish.

This wasn't even fully exploring by any stretch either, so perhaps melee can really charge through early on, as I don't see us finishing it in 12 hours.

Is anyone else frequently getting a pop-up sayin "removed from game". then being dumped to character select where it says "connection lost"? It's getting kind of rediculous now having to constantly restart from my last checkpoint. Made it through Act 1 though.

Aeana

I don't know if this was answered yet, but for anybody who was wondering about what happens when you try to get the SE key from an SE account that was upgraded to CE, they don't give you a key, they ask for an account to add the game to. It's supposedly done for me now, but I have to wait a little bit for it to be added to my account.

Just started playing. Level 5. I really didn't pay ANY attention to this. Mainly because I wanted to go in blind like I did with D2. I watched very little media and really don't have any clue what heroes have what kind of skill sets. I picked a Witch Doctor and am having a lot of fun, but I think my friend is going to buy the game and he wants to play that, so I might just remake to a Wiz or something. We'll see.

Anyway, game is awesome so far.

Kalnos

Banned
I don't know if this was answered yet, but for anybody who was wondering about what happens when you try to get the SE key from an SE account that was upgraded to CE, they don't give you a key, they ask for an account to add the game to. It's supposedly done for me now, but I have to wait a little bit for it to be added to my account.

Glad it worked out, I know a lot of people were worried about it.

zlatko

Banned
This is what I like to hear. I'm still on the fence and am begging in the other thread for a pass. If I don't get one soon I may just crack.

To be fair, the pass would only let you dive into the tutorial area of the game. The shining parts of that are the atmosphere, and the wonderful audio. You'll get a slight taste of the juicy click click combat, tackle some mini bosses, and a final end boss.

It isn't THE best way to sell you on it, but it is fun for what it is----a tutorial area of a game.

Just dip man. You'll be HARD pressed to find concerning negatives about this game.

Blizzard games are pure dimaonds of quality.

confuziz

Banned
Need help! I keep getting the message 'input not supported' when booting the game.

Other games work just fine. I got a HD 6670.

Anyone know whats up?

Megasoum

Banned
Fuuuuckkk... Even if the actual game is not blocked by IT here at work it looks like the launcher is (because of the p2p) so I can't even launch the game... That sucks considering that I know the game is already up to date.

neoism

woke up at 9est login in first try.. :O 5 hours played Monk level 11 :O sooooooo much fun.. :O Game plays wonderful

Katbot

Re: The lack of reviews.

Blizzard doesn't give out advance copies, so it unlocked for journos at the same time as it did everyone else. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom