• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

berbe12

Neo Member
Fuuuuckkk... Even if the actual game is not blocked by IT here at work it looks like the launcher is (because of the p2p) so I can't even launch the game... That sucks considering that I know the game is already up to date.

Can't you launch DiabloIII directly, if you go to the DiabloIII folder and start this?
Should work, since it launches the game directly, and skips the launcher.

WallJump

Banned
I have a question about co-op as it pertains to story progression. Google has failed me.

Say I join someone else's game and complete quests with them (say we beat the Act 1 boss). If they sign off and I go back to a private single player, will I have to beat Act 1 all over again to progress through the story? Or does the game remember that I beat that in someone else's game and allow me to pick up where I left off?

Quoting for a new page. Help me GAF?

chiablo

I'm on my first playthough, I'm only about half-way through Act I...

Are the "events" randomized? Meaning that I might not see the same events during a second playthough.

Raide

Are the "events" randomized? Meaning that I might not see the same events during a second playthough.

Story based ones will be the same but you get random events all over the place. Makes it fun mixing things up a bit. :D

confuziz

Banned
Need help! I keep getting the message 'input not supported' when booting the game.

Other games work just fine. I got a HD 6670.

Anyone know whats up?

Megasoum

Banned
Can't you launch DiabloIII directly, if you go to the DiabloIII folder and start this?
Should work, since it launches the game directly, and skips the launcher.

Well I can't see your screenshot because of the proxy (lol the irony) but if you are talking about Diablo3.exe then no it doesn't work, it still goes through the launcher.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I would love to talk about what I really love about this game guys... small problem, that's gonna take way too much time and I might get tired if I just type :( might talk about later on, but for now... MORE NIGHTÜMARREEEE

krpiper

Newb question but whats an example of an "event"

also dungeons are random as well?

Kem0sabe

wasnt there talk about blizzard banning for this....

It´s a "graphics injector" (as silly at that sounds), similar to what people were playing around with on Skyrin and Deus ex. I doubt Blizzard is arsed enough to bother with banning something which has absolutely nothing to do with how the game plays. Does the client even check dll´s before launching?

coopolon

What!? Well, I guess my plan of coming home from work and playing just got shot out of the water. 7 gigs is going to take about 10 hours to download for me. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks Blizzard!

Unless something drastic changes, it's going to take you a lot longer than that to download the game at the current speed the downloader is going.

Just got my copy in the mail. I was really disappointed with the box. It's just a bit of flashy paper wrapped around the standard dvd box with a beginner's guide and 3 friend invites for d3 and wow inside. Whatever happened to big manuals and books and whatnot? The last game that did a huge manual was civ 4 i think :(

berbe12

Neo Member
Well I can't see your screenshot because of the proxy (lol the irony) but if you are talking about Diablo3.exe then no it doesn't work, it still goes through the launcher.

Yeah, it was diablo3.exe.
I didn't know it was routed through the launcher anyway. Horrible.
Ah well, I'm sorry man... :(

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

yes many of the events are randomized. there are lots of mini quests and unique monsters that will be completely random on every playthrough. so don't think of a "run" as an old D2 "run" but more of a search the whole map every time.

Quoting for a new page. Help me GAF?

The game will remember where you left off.

In fact you have the option of starting wherever you want. There is a "Change Quest" (or something like that) button that lets you pick where you want to begin. If you pick the last available option under Change Quest, it will be the furthest you have made it into the game.

zlatko

Banned
Does standard edition come with guest passes? Has that been confirmed?

Also, if I were to have a standard edition, and later on found the CE for cheap, can I just "upgrade" the account to CE, or will it be completely separate and not let me tie characters on the SE to the CE ?

Who's the first US to beat it? I'm assuming it's been done by now, if Koreans did it in 8 hours.

Does standard edition come with guest passes? Has that been confirmed?

Also, if I were to have a standard edition, and later on found the CE for cheap, can I just "upgrade" the account to CE, or will it be completely separate and not let me tie characters on the SE to the CE ?

Yes, it's confirmed to have guest passes.

You can upgrade the SE to CE. There's talks of potential of even getting a gift of the SE to give to a friend.

NH Apache

Banned
Fuuuuckkk... Even if the actual game is not blocked by IT here at work it looks like the launcher is (because of the p2p) so I can't even launch the game... That sucks considering that I know the game is already up to date.

Can't you go into options and disable p2p?

Well that's lame, just logged back in from playing until 7am last night and a good number of the achievements I got are missing, so I can't check out the new banner stuff I got. :(

It also shows my character as a "Level 0 Unknown" upon logging in. lol

chiablo

Newb question but whats an example of an "event"

also dungeons are random as well?

Early ACT I spoilers:
In my playthrough, In the Fields of Misery, I found an abandoned mine with a merchant in it; the merchant asked me to help him find two ore deposits and would then sell me items. In another section of the Fields, I found a farm that was overrun and a farmer gave me a quest to clear out the monsters.

Volodja

DAMN
Went hunting for the CE around but didn't find it.
Bought the SE.
Now after seeing that the CE was in stock on Amazon I've ended up buying it.
I'm lucky that it looks like I could have somedoby to give the SE to as soon as the CE arrives at the end of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom