• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

how are people getting Diablo into steam? or are they not? I thought I saw someone post a pic of it in their library.... Do I have to purchase it through steam?
You can add non-Steam games to Steam via the add game menu. All it does is make it so you can launch it through Steam and have it show up on your "now playing" thing on the friend list, and attaches the Steam overlay.

tc farks

That Eurogamer comments section is real jelly.

I had to check this out, because I'm bored at work and the OP said not to. This one made me laugh though:

Hey maybe he just wanted to get it out the way real quick because he has many social activites to attend later today ......

Come on now, no need to call out your brethren.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
You can add non-Steam games to Steam via the add game menu. All it does is make it so you can launch it through Steam and have it show up on your "now playing" thing on the friend list, and attaches the Steam overlay.

ahhh right. i forgot about that feature. thanks. doesn't seem worth it. i'll leave it in my dock.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
anyone fancy running with someone who has never played diablo before but has all the time in the world to do it?

V_Arnold

At the point where I am in Diablo 3, I am not able to understand anyone being annoyed by visuals or even wishing something else. It is gorgeous, it is unique, and it is DARK. Not "without colors" dark, but mature dark.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW, I completely forgot that you could hire dudes... wowwwwwwww.

Raide

At the point where I am in Diablo 3, I am not able to understand anyone being annoyed by visuals or even wishing something else. It is gorgeous, it is unique, and it is DARK. Not "without colors" dark, but mature dark.

This! Some of the later areas are nasty and dark.

I actually like the general look of the game but I really wish the models had a higher poly count and I'm not a fan of the blur filter. Other than those 2 complaints, I have no problem with the art direction.

V_Arnold

Oh and Yoshi, your barb might have destroyed normal before me, but my lv22 wizard would nuke it out of the orbit even with level differences if there would be pvp duel....yeah, it is that OP!

boosh5

Banned
wait, so I install from DVD and I still have to download 7 gigs? wtf

What!? Well, I guess my plan of coming home from work and playing just got shot out of the water. 7 gigs is going to take about 10 hours to download for me. Maybe tomorrow. Thanks Blizzard!

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
It's already counted in the calculations.

Really? I didnt know that. Always thought you added it on top of the DPS shown. What about if you are a Barb and it add strength (which then increases your damage). Would that also be calculated in DPS?

Has anybody tried any of the harder difficulties yet? The beta difficulty was way too easy, IMO, and there are loot incentives for higher difficulty, if I remember correctly. Cranking the dial up would probably make D3 a bit more fun for me.

My Witch Doctor's awesome

Poison Dart (Splinters)
Haunt (Consuming Spirit)
Spirit Walk
Plague of Toads (Explosive Toads)
Soul Harvest (Swallow Your Soul)

Jungle Fortitude

My strategy when I see a group of enemies is to Spirit Walk, quickly run into the center of them, cast Soul Harvest, then spam the hell out of Explosive Toads. If I haunt a few of the enemies beforehand my health regenerates like crazy and I have the 20% reduced damage already from my passive... it's SOOO good! The toads wreck everything, especially when I have 5/5 Soul Harvest. Poison Darts are my single target nuke obviously.

oneils

Got a guest passed activated on my bnet but once the game launch, it can't find any licence ?

Are you in North America? If so I think you need a north american guest pass. Do you have an EU battlenet account and an NA guest pass? That might cause problems. Not sure.

scy

Really? I didnt know that. Always thought you added it on top of the DPS shown. What about if you are a Barb and it add strength (which then increases your damage). Would that also be calculated in DPS?

Stats are not added to the displayed _Weapon DPS_. The +Damage on Weapons are since they're added to the Min-Max damage range.

Edit: Just to give an example, if a weapon deals 8 - 12 Damage with 1.0 Attacks per second, it'll have a listed 10 DPS. If that same weapon added 1,000 Strength, it would still have a listed 10 DPS despite dealing a LOT more damage.

If it had +2 Damage as a modifier on it, it would list 10 - 14 Damage instead of 8 - 12. With the same 1.0 Attacks per second, the listed DPS is now 12 DPS.

Worth noting that +Damage on non-Weapon slots, however, are not reflected on your equipped Weapon's listed DPS.

Has anybody tried any of the harder difficulties yet? The beta difficulty was way too easy, IMO, and there are loot incentives for higher difficulty, if I remember correctly. Cranking the dial up would probably make D3 a bit more fun for me.

Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno are NG+ mode kind of things, not "Choose Hard mode?" difficulty selectors.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I just read on Twitter that a Korean finished D3 in 2 hours. :O

I don't want to post the link since it's said to contain spoilers.

did he start at level 1?
was he playing with 4 other people at level 1?

whats the details.....

I mean if your sole intent is to speed through i'm sure it can be done but why would you let 12 years of waiting go down the tubes in 2 hours.

Not really Diablo stuff on my end since I'll probably get around to the game later, but I noticed that about a third of our Desktop team at work (IT division, who also make up the bulk of the company WoW guild) is mysteriously absent today.

WallJump

Banned
I have a question about co-op as it pertains to story progression. Google has failed me.

Say I join someone else's game and complete quests with them (say we beat the Act 1 boss). If they sign off and I go back to a private single player, will I have to beat Act 1 all over again to progress through the story? Or does the game remember that I beat that in someone else's game and allow me to pick up where I left off?

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Stats are not added to the displayed _Weapon DPS_. The +Damage on Weapons are since they're added to the Min-Max damage range.

Worth noting that +Damage on non-Weapon slots, however, are not reflected on your equipped Weapon's listed DPS.

Okay thanks, just a mixup on character and weapon DPS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is honestly getting ridiculous. I can't contain myself. I really feel that I need to explain how good this fucking game is right now.

LogicStep

Anyone get the guide? Hard cover but its $40! After spending 100 on the ce I dont feel comfortable spending on that guide.

Hows the guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom