• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT| Stay Awhile And... *click* *click* *click*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In WoW at least (and I think SC2 as well), it doesn't show what Feats you don't have, unlike achievements with associated point values. People won't notice missing it.

I'm a bit of a completionist/OCD with WoW Feats/achieves myself (over 9k points on my main), and while I will be getting this beta FoS, I know there are dozens of mounts, achievements, and feats in WoW I'll never be able to get. It bothers me slightly, but I get over it, especially having a fair stable of Feats myself.

FoS ? Full of shit, or what?

edit: Holy fuck at that wall of text. He really wrote ALL that because of that one sigil? People need to get lives.

Feat of Strength (Generally very difficult, limited time only, or very luck-based achievements that have no point value. In WoW, more so than SC2, a lot are now impossible to acquire.)

Ferrio

Banned
So you get skill runes from drops right? And you can't actually access all the skills they provide unless you meet a level requirement right? Are the runes in the calculators the only ones, or is there more that haven't been listed?

Dresden

Anyone else thought what will be the 6th class in the inevitable expansion pack? We can speculate, we have some time to kill still :D
They have to bring back the Druid. Shapeshifting...
Problem with that build seems like you will be regaining too much mana but no low cooldown spell to spam.

I thought Spirit Barrage had no cooldown? Also figured the build would have to deal with increased mana cost from Pierce the Veil.

LowParry

So you get skill runes from drops right? And you can't actually access all the skills they provide unless you meet a level requirement right? Are the runes in the calculators the only ones, or is there more that haven't been listed?

No. Runes you get as you level up. On the diablo 3 site you'll see a progression tab that shows ya how they work, etc.

bengraven

Anyone have a decent arcane Wizard build?

Or a good Demo Hunter build?

70XzI.jpg

This was my basement growing up. Well, without the PC. Instead of a PC it was a shitty little 12 inch black and white TV with an N64 hooked up to it.

And replace the piss bottles with a drain in the center with piss stains around it (cement floor, obviously).

Junie12

Anyone else thought what will be the 6th class in the inevitable expansion pack? We can speculate, we have some time to kill still :D

I'm hoping for a pet class or a rouge like class.

Assassin and Necromancer where my go to classes in D2 so I hope the new class would be similar to them.

Sephon

I can hardly believe that it's just 4 days left, and I'm going out drinking tonight so technically there's just 2 days left...
So close, so exciting, so terrifying!

Czigga

haha funny reading peoples posts about getting their comps ready. I defragged my hd, updated vid card drivers, uninstalled old games, and cleaned up my desktop hsrdcore. I'm ready!!

gillFTR

They have to bring back the Druid. Shapeshifting...

I thought Spirit Barrage had no cooldown? Also figured the build would have to deal with increased mana cost from Pierce the Veil.

My bad, I never played a Witch Docter, I assumed spirit barage was like a primary for a Demon Hunter and it would cost no mana.

A class that shifts from corporeal/ethereal forms would be pretty badass. Not sure what it would be called, but it would be a unique play-style since certain abilities would only be cast-able in one form or the other, so it would probably play similar to the Druid.

"Voidwalker" or someshit.

So I ordered Diablo on Amazon and today I recieved a weird mail :

Sociology, our best sellers :
- fondamental laws of human stupidity
- social integration and radical decisions
- and so on

Is amazon judging me ?!

Never played Diablo in my life but this game has caught my attention.

Anyone have any videos/resources that could give me an idea of what I'm getting into? I'm scared, guys.

profit

Anyone have any videos/resources that could give me an idea of what I'm getting into? I'm scared, guys.

I would say start here:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/game/

Look at the class videos first, maybe some youtube videos from the Diablo III beta aswell.
If youre still in doubt, the game will launch with guest passes, so you can always request one here to try the game out.

anyone have what they feel is the best build for the witch doctor? its been so long since ive played diablo I have a feeling I'll make some major mistakes....

Ferrio

Banned

It's the ultimate "Carrot on a stick" game. Makes wow's look like amateur night. The quest for better weapons/armor.

anyone have what they feel is the best build for the witch doctor? its been so long since ive played diablo I have a feeling I'll make some major mistakes....

You can't make mistakes in this game as far as "builds" go. You can always change out skill loadouts, which gives you freedom to experiment. Which is pretty awesome.

There's no penalty for making mistakes. You can change your skills and runes at any time without penalty besides a short cooldown (except at 60 when dealing with Nephalem Valor).

Just experiment and try things out!

profit

How is pvp handled in this game? In diablo 2 it was pretty damn stupid, is there any specific pvp arena/modes for III?

It's handled like this: there is no pvp....

.... at this moment, they are still working on it to make it a fun addition to the game, not pvp for the sake of pvp.

I think the pvp is just going to be arena, but Blizz has stated that they do not want this to be conscidered as an e-sport, cause they know it'll be impossible to balance.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How is pvp handled in this game? In diablo 2 it was pretty damn stupid, is there any specific pvp arena/modes for III?

It doesn't exist, they going to patch it in sometime in the future, last time I heard it is going to be something like 5 vs 5 battleground. They also talked about 3 vs 3/2 vs 2 like WoW arena, not sure if they going to keep it.

haha funny reading peoples posts about getting their comps ready. I defragged my hd, updated vid card drivers, uninstalled old games, and cleaned up my desktop hsrdcore. I'm ready!!

haha now that you mention it i still have to screw open my school laptop and clean the ventilation this weekend so i can play atleast more then 5 min at school.

Those biased network administrators blizzard games are the only one that have access to the internet every other game is blocked.

Ferrio

Banned
It doesn't exist, they going to patch it in sometime in the future, last time I heard it is going to be something like 5 vs 5 battleground. They also talked about 3 vs 3/2 vs 2 like WoW arena, not sure if they going to keep it.

Ah no biggie then, was just curious. Cause 2's was so stupid I was curious if they were going to make the same mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom