• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's stupid combination that exist for no purpose other than to hinder Barbarians and no other class?

As a wizard, I can say the same about several combinations.

invulnerable + anything

fast + anything

jailer + freeze + fast (had this once; endless stun and speed to keep me from running)

it's usually not a question of if you'll die, but how many times. some combinations are simply OP. no other way to discuss it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All right, I'm gonna make the best MF-gem in the game... gonna cost me like 800k.

Fuck it, here we go.

Heading to bed after this, gotta get this alcohol out of my body.

I've been going with the following set-up:

Shock Pulse (piercing orb)
Blizzard (rune that increases damage)
Hydra (venom)
Energy Armor (the nerfed rune)
Magic Weapon (force weapon)
Diamond Skin (the rune that increases the amount it absorbs)

And it's been working kind of good for me. As long as I've got enough room to kite.

Thanks Yoshi, that build has been quite a help, even in hell.

Alex

The immune ones are the primary thing I think should go, otherwise it's fine, sometimes you have to skip a pack or even refresh a quest, but it's not too bad.

I just want the tuning patch to come and make it less spiky, as they say.

Jubbly

Oh yeah? What about in Act 3 Inferno what I'm currently come up against / trying to get around.

Molten Mortar Invulnerable Minions Frozen .... Demonic Tremors (The guys who shield up and mini enrage) ....

Yeah. FUCKING THANKS BLIZZARD.

The elite versions regularly bug the fuck out as they move about 100000000000 million miles per hour even though they haven't got a Fast affix (same speed as Capcom's lickers and those frogs).

Sophia

This Rare mob is turning into a match of "Wait for shielding to go down and bumrush him like no tomorrow, then run away and wait for shielding to go down and then...."

It's not even difficult, just time wasting. ;_;

Well at least I got a decent rare one handed axe out of it. +100 strength +100 vitality.

WHERE. ARE. MY. POTIONS?

Narag

The elite versions regularly bug the fuck out as they move about 100000000000 million miles per hour even though they haven't got a Fast affix (same speed as Capcom's lickers and those frogs).

Oh that's a bug? I killed a pack of those last night and freaked out.

Yeah, mobs I can't kite are mobs I can't kill.

I'm sure a barb or a monk with a tank build would be able to handle them but as a DH, I can't do shit.

:|

I usually hit SS asap, drop spike traps, and start spamming NT while hoping for the best!

Jubbly

This Rare mob is turning into a match of "Wait for shielding to go down and bumrush him like no tomorrow, then run away and wait for shielding to go down and then...."

It's not even difficult, just time wasting. ;_;

Well at least I got a decent rare one handed axe out of it. +100 strength +100 vitality.

WHERE. ARE. MY. POTIONS?

That's not the potion vendor. Go to the top right of the area, near the companions.

LordCanti

Yeah, mobs I can't kite are mobs I can't kill.

I'm sure a barb or a monk with a tank build would be able to handle them but as a DH, I can't do shit.

:|

If you turn your sound up, they make a fairly noticable noise before you can ever see them. When you hear it, spam hungering arrow until it finds a target, and then SS. Caltrops + trap kite them dead after that, unless you have the DPS to just mow them down.

Shouta

Goobies halp.

I'm close to shelving the game until an Inferno balance patch comes, my spirit is breaking. I only have 1.1 mil gold and I feel like the barrier to entry is way above that.

I'm a monk with 488 Resists with One of Everything, 30k health, and 14k DPS using a 2H. Any tips I'd love to hear them. I can beat Act 1 Inferno but most elite backs take crazy kiting and sometimes multiple deaths to kill.

What stats should I prioritize? I have another set of armor that gives 16k DPS, 44k health, but only around 180 resists.

Halp.

Resists are important as is DPS. But after that, you need a method to heal yourself. Life on Spirit Spent or Life on Hit. If you go LpSS you'll need double the value Transcendence gives you, at least. If you go with Life on Hit, 700 at the minimum is recommended if you combine it with Transcendence and your healing skills. If you can get both, then you're perfect. Damage reduction isn't the issue for Monks, it's the ability to keep yourself healed while you do the damage.

Volodja

Goobies halp.

I'm close to shelving the game until an Inferno balance patch comes, my spirit is breaking. I only have 1.1 mil gold and I feel like the barrier to entry is way above that.

I'm a monk with 488 Resists with One of Everything, 30k health, and 14k DPS using a 2H. Any tips I'd love to hear them. I can beat Act 1 Inferno but most elite backs take crazy kiting and sometimes multiple deaths to kill.

What stats should I prioritize? I have another set of armor that gives 16k DPS, 44k health, but only around 180 resists.

Halp.
What are your skills?
I ask this because my Monk has much lower stats than those and I can steamroll through Act 1, save for relatively rare bullshit elite combos.
Yeah, I have to kite quite a bit, but that's more because it is easier compared to staying in place when Arcane Sentries and Desacrations are popping everwhere, a lot of times I just tank the elites.

I still get destroyed in Act 2, but my equipment is pretty bad because I only use what I find.

Why tentacles? It has a worse hit box than ball lightning and... there's a good chance you get one hit anyways.

Tentacles is the most common hate dump of choice right now. Lightning has a larger hit box, but look at the damage ticks: they are a LOT smaller than tentacles. With tentacles and a big boss (i.e. Azmodan) you're going to get multiple hits.

You should try it out though and see if you like.

Managed to slay Belial finally.... Now act 3 inferno is another story, died to the first champ-pack with my barbarian in five different games... those bastards hurt.... only managed to get one neph-buff up before next pack was fast, horde, arcane, frozen and I left.

Edit: I'm finding it harder and harder to get upgrades now, have no idea where I am going now, I'm already at 11k armor and 900 resists. dps about 35k

Me too, but only with the help of DH and monk friends :/ (I'm a Barb).
My next assignement is to be able to handle a2 solo easily by spending 2m+ on each gear.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
why can't I have 10 character slots. 1 for each class in regular mode, 1 for each in hardcore? :(

Wallach

Tentacles is the most common hate dump of choice right now. Lightning has a larger hit box, but look at the damage ticks: they are a LOT smaller than tentacles. With tentacles and a big boss (i.e. Azmodan) you're going to get multiple hits.

You should try it out though and see if you like.

Well, it's not just that but Nether Tentacles actually does 155% per single hit, whereas Ball Lightning doesn't do anywhere near that. I'm not sure if Ball Lightning is based around getting 2 hits per target, but the DPS isn't even close to Nether Tentacles on single targets.

why can't I have 10 character slots. 1 for each class in regular mode, 1 for each in hardcore? :(

I'm pretty sure 10 is the character limit?

Neki

I died like 7 times just getting to the part with the footprints in the beginning.

Shits ridiculous. I could change equipment to focus on resistance but a DH without really high DPS is worthless. Opiate made this sound easy, where he be at.

I had 320 resist and 23k hp when I did act II as a DH. If you don't have those kind of stats, prepare to get one shot by every single thing in Act II. I also ran past elite mobs in the sewers/cramped areas because it's impossible to kite against them, especially when they have waller.

Thanks Blizzard, I needed this.

R9u87.jpg

Price Check?

I had 320 resist and 23k hp when I did act II as a DH. If you don't have those kind of stats, prepare to get one shot by every single thing in Act II. I also ran past elite mobs in the sewers/cramped areas because it's impossible to kite against them, especially when they have waller.
I have almost 40K HP but I haven't gone for resist at all yet because I just figured I'll get one shot anyway. Guess I could try to shed some vitality for resistance, see what happens.

Wallach

I have almost 40K HP but I haven't gone for resist at all yet because I just figured I'll get one shot anyway. Guess I could try to shed some vitality for resistance, see what happens.

Also keep in mind armor affects all damage, so you do want to try and at least grab level 60 gear for the armor increases.

Neki

Resists help a ton. Straight HP is going to do nothing for you. With Shadow Power + Gloom, I can actually tank elite mobs in Oasis area.

I die a lot when my barb (lvl57) encounters mobs with arcane lasers or fire. What can I do? More intelligence?

wWTXa.jpg

I've found Superstition and Juggernaunt helped me out a bunch dealing with elite mobs. I would ditch tough as nails and weapons master.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Because it's stupid combination that exist for no purpose other than to hinder Barbarians and no other class?

Huh? There are some bullshit combinations that are nigh impossible to beat.

yeah he should just restart the game, it's part of the inferno experience. Tons o' fun.

You don't need to restart, nor do you need to act like that specific combination hinders your class specifically. It may be completely impossible with your skill set at that time, but if you change things up, it really wouldn't be that difficult. Use the environment to kite them around and fight back with ranged attacks if you run into something that murders a melee-ranged strategy.

A high damage weapon combined with Seismic Slam (reduced cost rune) and some run speed gear can make you pretty strong against anti-melee enemies, for example.

Shouta

I thought that was because of some farming exploit that they took it down to fix, though, or am I incorrect? When they put them back up I'd imagine they won't be as cheap if so.

I don't know the reason but it's stupid. I doubt it's because of some farming exploit though, the system was causing problems so.

Wallach

They're only cheaper up to tier 8, because that's when they stop dropping. Anything higher is being sold above combine cost.

What is a good spirit dump? I am using Cyclone Strike with +dodge now. I want to try one more but not sure what else is effective. A2 Hell lvl 56.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom