• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a plan for Exalted Fine Phantom Bow (5 stats)

Think I'll hang on to it until Blacksmith levelling gets adjusted

How good a bow could it potentially spit out?

exited the game and came back....gone. It was in my inventory space.

Was your inventory full though?

Hmmmm ... sounds like it's a good idea to TP back and put the staff in my stash after each use.

I would say that the bots running D2 were more of a problem than duping. And duping was dealt with via item destruction on duplicates. Aside from that, the items that were duped in D2 were static items (high runes, SOJ (lol), uniques). In D3, we aren't operating on the same economy. If something gets duped, it's going to be a super high value rare--and that would presumably quickly be destroyed on the AH via ItemID duplication (or whatever, presumably more advanced, system they are using now) as it is very easy to tell that it is a duplicate, not just one of a billion Zod runes up for auction.

Look on the bright side. Maybe the bots will force so much money into the economey that prices skyrocket to the point that farming gear becomes the path of least resistence.

Riggs

Banned
Can we start a contest for worst legendary?

Here is my submission!
jbcWakCHYXDeUL.PNG

hitsugi

Bots already is really a bummer. I hope the ban hammer comes down hard.

It won't matter of they get banned. $60 is nothing (maybe 1-2 days of botting).

The economy is already absurdly inflated with gold; the damage is done. When the most effective way to make money/gear up is to run into vases all day, you know something is fucked.

LordCanti

Can we start a contest for worst legendary?

I don't have a picture of it right now, but my Izzuccob roll was slightly worse I think.

The economy is already absurdly inflated with gold; the damage is done. When the most effective way to make money/gear up is to run into vases all day, you know something is fucked.

They made gold farming way too easy. Take the crypts for example. You can run it in a couple of minutes and make 10k or so with the right GF gear. The only enemy that can spawn in a regular skeleton, which can be sprinted past. The map never changes either, so all the bot has to do is kick pots and then reload. They can't find these people either, because plenty of people are legitimately doing it (without a bot) and there's no way to tell the difference.

The same pretty much goes for the chests that are right by WP's and always spawn in the same place (when they spawn).

If gold isn't worthless now, it's going to be.

Look on the bright side. Maybe the bots will force so much money into the economey that prices skyrocket to the point that farming gear becomes the path of least resistence.

Diablo 3: We modeled our economy on Zimbabwe.

zimbabwe_30.jpg

Vodh

God, I'm so bad at deciding on mains... I've been torn apart between pretty much all the classes since before launch and as of today the farthest I got in Inferno is Shattered Crown on my DH. Also got a Barb on 60, Monk and Wiz on 55 and WD on 54... Currently kinda narrowed it down to Monk and Wizard, with a preference for Monk...

inky

http://welol.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/zimbabwe_30.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

As long as they are taking a cut from every transaction they don't fucking care. Their sanctioned gold sell model means they are better off leaving bots be than banning them. Meanwhile, my hard earned 5 million won't buy me a bottom tier item anymore.

V_Arnold

It does not matter how much gold a good item will cost.
Via good blacksmithing plans and MF runs, one will get proportionally more reward from a good roll on a BS rare recipe or a good roll on a rare item that is a stepping stone between bad 1-59 items and amazing 60 ones.

The only thing really going worthless will be pure GF.

TommyT

I see people on D2JSP offering huge amounts of gold (someone was offering 75mil for some gloves)... how are people getting THAT much money?

edit: I've made a total of probably ~10mil but I'm usually hover around the ~2mil mark. This isn't just one person, it seems like lots of people have a consistent how amount of gold to spend.

Riggs

Banned
I don't have a picture of it right now, but my Izzuccob roll was slightly worse I think.

They made gold farming way too easy. Take the crypts for example. You can run it in a couple of minutes and make 10k or so with the right GF gear. The only enemy that can spawn in a regular skeleton, which can be sprinted past. The map never changes either, so all the bot has to do is kick pots and then reload. They can't find these people either, because plenty of people are legitimately doing it (without a bot) and there's no way to tell the difference.

The same pretty much goes for the chests that are right by WP's and always spawn in the same place (when they spawn).

Got to post to prove it man!! This must be a fair contest.

zimbabwe_30.jpg

Well fucking done.

LordCanti

I see people on D2JSP offering huge amounts of gold (someone was offering 75mil for some gloves)... how are people getting THAT much money?

edit: I've made a total of probably ~10mil but I'm usually hover around the ~2mil mark. This isn't just one person, it seems like lots of people have a consistent how amount of gold to spend.

Paying for it is the obvious answer. The other one would be botting.

I've been playing the markets, doing chest runs, etc, and my total Diablo III worth is probably in the 15-20m range when all is said and done (taking into account items not yet sold, and current gold on hand).

That sum is nothing compared to what tons of people out there seem to have. If they aren't botting, I have no idea how they're getting it.

As long as there is a conversion between gold and real money it will never be worthless. Since you can sell gold on the RMAH, that's the link you need.

GoldValueOfitem = DollarValueOfItem x GoldPerDollarOnTheRMAH

It does not matter how much gold a good item will cost.
Via good blacksmithing plans and MF runs, one will get proportionally more reward from a good roll on a BS rare recipe or a good roll on a rare item that is a stepping stone between bad 1-59 items and amazing 60 ones.

The only thing really going worthless will be pure GF.

I'm hoping the patch makes it easier to jump into. I'm on act 1 inferno. I've found two 4 stat recipes. Helm and Shield. I've leveled my smith. I'm just hoping for a price reduction on crafts. I only have about 200K. I can farm tomorrow for another 300K or so, but that's only about 6 crafts. It feels like one needs about 2mil plus AND good recipes to make it worth it currently.

RDreamer

Ok, fuck this. This is some bullshit. Fuck blizzard and fuck Inferno act 2. Seriously why are there about 12 fucking packs of elites in the cave where you get Kule's blood. 12? Seriously, 12? Are you guys kidding me? It's bad enough elites are about a billion times more difficult than even the toughest monster, so you'll cruise along and then bam death death death death death death death death... fuck it, skip them. Bam, another one around the fucking corner. This is just stupid... AGH.

TommyT

I'm hoping the patch makes it easier to jump into. I'm on act 1 inferno. I've found two 4 stat recipes. Helm and Shield. I've leveled my smith. I'm just hoping for a price reduction on crafts. I only have about 200K. I can farm tomorrow for another 300K or so, but that's only about 6 crafts. It feels like one needs about 2mil plus AND good recipes to make it worth it currently.

IIRC they said the smithing reductions were going to be for the lower levels only. So anything at level 10 wouldn't be reduced.

I am DH, the crit hit dmg and socket is nice. But everything else I don't know. Maybe just sell it?

It's a good ring but not great. It's not good for you as a DH and is better for a barb. If it's an upgrade for you go for it, but you can get better with the money you should make from that.

LordCanti

jWk3YwcBwjNZL.PNG

This just dropped, 2nd legendary of the day. Wtf is going on?

And is this even good?

Bul's can roll increased attack speed. Without it, it's not a top tier bul roll. I have no idea how much the lower tier ones go for. Having said that, life on hit + STR + socket might be a winning combo (as well as the crit damage of course).

I wouldn't waste the gold to craft the four prop ones.

mrbagdt

well, no save point existed for my lvl 20 barb that got emptied out. it is what it is. i guess ill try going back and doing some of the previous boss quests a few times and see if i can get geared back up a bit? whole thing is just frustrating.

Again, I really believe that blacksmithing is something that only established players can do. If 100k still sounds like a decent chunk of money to you, it's not going to be a naturally winning proposition. The only thing that makes it a positive is insane inflation making the AH even LESS of a feasible proposition.

But at that point, the game is kind of screwed for anyone who isn't the top 1% of players who is already well established with gear and Inferno on farm. Alternatively, you can just buy gold/use the RMAH to play competitively.

Tokubetsu

Ok, fuck this. This is some bullshit. Fuck blizzard and fuck Inferno act 2. Seriously why are there about 12 fucking packs of elites in the cave where you get Kule's blood. 12? Seriously, 12? Are you guys kidding me? It's bad enough elites are about a billion times more difficult than even the toughest monster, so you'll cruise along and then bam death death death death death death death death... fuck it, skip them. Bam, another one around the fucking corner. This is just stupid... AGH.

It's funny how the dice roll can just screw you too hard. I've never encountered that many in inferno but I've definitely hit cave/dungeons in hell where there was literally an elite/champion mob around every fucking corner.

Love it when they throw a goblin in between two of those packs too.

garath

I hope the gold auction house doesn't go away but really, who's going to want to sell their incredible drops for gold when they can make real money?

I hope the gold auction house doesn't go away but really, who's going to want to sell their incredible drops for gold when they can make real money?

People will realize its not worth the money as people price things way too high?
And then the sellers will balk at selling something for 5 bucks when they thought it'd be worth 50

IIRC they said the smithing reductions were going to be for the lower levels only. So anything at level 10 wouldn't be reduced.

I know crafting is useless from 1-59 currently, but I don't see how lowering the prices for smith 1-9 will help. Prices on items 1-59 will be going down in the AH, and it's already the cheaper option.

Bah ... I guess I need to save up a Mill and just try/hope for somthing good. 2 Mill won't even get me the weapon I want.

I wouldn't waste the gold to craft the four prop ones.

THis is upsetting.

snakeswithlasers said:
Again, I really believe that blacksmithing is something that only established players can do. If 100k still sounds like a decent chunk of money to you, it's not going to be a naturally winning proposition. The only thing that makes it a positive is insane inflation making the AH even LESS of a feasible proposition.

But at that point, the game is kind of screwed for anyone who isn't the top 1% of players who is already well established with gear and Inferno on farm. Alternatively, you can just buy gold/use the RMAH to play competitively.

100K sounds like about an hour or two. I just upgraded my staff of herding though. I had about 750K saved up and still couldn't think about gearing up my Monk.

LordCanti

As long as there is a conversion between gold and real money it will never be worthless. Since you can sell gold on the RMAH, that's the link you need.

GoldValueOfitem = DollarValueOfItem x GoldPerDollarOnTheRMAH

The best items won't be on the gold auction house. That makes the gold auction house kind of worthless for anyone that is at the endgame already =/

Ugh, Servers are going down at 5A Pacific tomorrow morning to deploy Patch 1.02b. I really hope they aren't nerfing the Underbridge chest

That isn't the chest I'm worried about. The other act III one is so much faster.

More people are likely to buy gold than specific items because gold is more generally useful. So you sell your item for gold and then sell the gold on the AH

I think the godliest of the godly items will still be sold on the RMAH, but "pretty good" and great items will still be on the gold AH.

Yes there's a 15% AH transaction fee, but that will be factored into the currency conversion rate between $ and gold.

Just had the same thing happen, I reset the dungeon like 3 times and each time I got incredibly hard combos on the elites. The third time I managed to kill one then go around a corner and bam another pack destroys me. I then manage to run through the cave and try to grab the blood but realize that there is a second level to the cave. So I start to head through it and bam another pack wipes me out. I just logged out...

scy

Ugh, Servers are going down at 5A Pacific tomorrow morning to deploy Patch 1.02b. I really hope they aren't nerfing the Underbridge chest

Ancient Path Goblin, The Keep Resplendent Chests, and Undrbridge nerfs lets go~

Honestly, I'd rather just 5 NV Siegebreaker + Tower to Azmodan (or Spider Queen to Butcher for Act 1). Though, my DH will miss MFing Act 2 gobs I guess.

That isn't the chest I'm worried about. The other act III one is so much faster.

Just for the record, it can also spawn at the normal entrance, not just near the exit with the Waypoint.

Cipherr

Truth, I have been doing this one solo a bit today and yesterday. I plan to do it ALOT today as I have made like 3 million off of it in short time. Although Im doing the elite packs and getting the best of my gear from them, and not from the chests. Took my extremely high MF items and put together a 150 MF set along with a bunch of high dps/ignores durability loss pieces lol. I pickup Tyrael at the Rakkis waypoint and see if theres an elite pack there, then go to the chest looking for elite packs on the way. If I get an elite pack I dps and a bit until I eat a one shot, let Tyrael kill the rest and loot up, loot the chest, port back to town and logout resume game.

Truth, I have been doing this one solo a bit today and yesterday. I plan to do it ALOT today as I have made like 3 million off of it in short time. Although Im doing the elite packs and getting the best of my gear from them, and not from the chests. Took my extremely high MF items and put together a 150 MF set along with a bunch of high dps/ignores durability loss pieces lol. I pickup Tyrael at the Rakkis waypoint and see if theres an elite pack there, then go to the chest looking for elite packs on the way. If I get an elite pack I dps and a bit until I eat a one shot, let Tyrael kill the rest and loot up, loot the chest, port back to town and logout resume game.

How do I get to the later versions of inferno without actually getting there? I know I've seen people talk about an exploit. I've been farming act one and am getting rather frustrated. The fact that people can zone to the place, die, let Tyrael kill the MOBS and then make millions is upsetting. Not that I blame you, or anyone for doing it. Farming act 1 inferno has been rather fruitless.

scy

It can do what now?

We may or may not actually be thinking of different chests, now that I think about it. The Keep? Waypoint and one room over has a Resplendent Chest on a bridge. This is randomly generated and can also spawn at the entrance of the Keep from the city. It doesn't ONLY spawn near the Waypoint and stairs to The Keep 2nd Floor.

Of course, if we're talking about a different chest entirely...

How do I get to the later versions of inferno without actually getting there? I know I've seen people talk about an exploit. I've been farming act one and am getting rather frustrated. The fact that people can zone to the place, die, let Tyrael kill the MOBS and then make millions is upsetting. Not that I blame you, or anyone for doing it. Farming act 1 inferno has been rather fruitless.

Select the quest you want to be in on any difficulty before Inferno, enter game, leave game. Join a public game and you'll end up on that quest in Inferno rather than the difficulty you had selected.

Alternatively, join a friend's game that is on the quest and you'll get it as well. You don't keep the quest until you complete it, however, so don't change quests again until you finish it or are just done farming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom