• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

That's why I have LoH as well. LoH when normally fighting, burst with abilities when you need it.

1.80+ AS was the best for me but I'm doing ok with 1.60ish right now.

I actually completely dropped the Shield as a few thousand off after mitigation doesn't feel worth the IAS with LoH and extra Dodge change from Guardian's Path. Might be a race to get the Armor/Resist needed for Act 3+ to give me the survivability during those times where dodge fails me.

We'll see. Well, maybe. I can't afford this new inflation people are talking about :(

If you can gather the LOH from accessories, you can get LpSS from your weapon or helm, that'd be the ideal, IMO. Unfortunately, I don't have much extra LpSS at the moment, only 5 points from my monk-only headgear.

I hit the damn lottery for cheap weapons for Act 1/Act 2. ~600 DPS IAS weapons with a Socket and +~20 LpSS. That's 600 LoH (2x Star Amethysts) and ~2.2 APS.

Edit: ~300k total, I think. Then again, those Gems...

I know everyone hits a wall in Act 2 Inferno...but I think I'm giving up on my WD in that area. It is 100% unfun.

If I'm going to be a glass cannon, I might as well be a DH. I can't even take a hit on the WD really and my DPS isn't anywhere near that of DHs...so I might as well jump on the wagon. Both suit my style.
This was me last night. I'd been doing my best to get my WD DPS up there and was at 40K with about 16K in life. Just felt it was still not nearly enough and I had DH envy.

Started one last night and right from the get go I just felt a LOT more powerful. Things were dropping with ease and I rushed through all of Act 1 and a good chunk of Act 2 in a very little amount of time.

ToyBroker

Banned
This was me last night. I'd been doing my best to get my WD DPS up there and was at 40K with about 16K in life. Just felt it was still not nearly enough and I had DH envy.

Started one last night and right from the get go I just felt a LOT more powerful. Things were dropping with ease and I rushed through all of Act 1 and a good chunk of Act 2 in a very little amount of time.

Yep. I'm sitting at decent gear with 2.40 atk speed and like 42k DPS and like 28K life--11% crit and 110% crit dmg. I couldn't even down a single pack. Got a bomb mojo too with ~240 avg dmg spread and 10% dmg on poison darts.

DH time!!!

Absolutely none of the best items in the game are available from the 6 affix patterns - they are all SECOND BEST base items. You will not make a profit if you're just praying for that one good craft to pay for the bad ones, that's a logical fallacy. CAN you craft once, get lucky, and stop crafting? Sure, it's just like the lottery. You cannot make long term profit, however.

It was always meant to be like that, Its diablo 3's version of gambling. You can supplement slots you need gear for so you can progress better and you can spend gold at a chance at hitting it big. Of course you can make a long term profit off second best items per slot if the cost to craft them is balanced right which is why it isn't profitable right now.

Even in d2 stuff that wasn't absolute BiS gear sold for alot. To say that its a logical fallacy that you can't make a profit off crafting because its randomized seems incredibly weird to me.

pigeon

Banned
Now even in theory, if you could craft the best item (and weren't relying on a drop to be able to craft them, which is just as bad. The difference between a pattern and non-pattern drop is just that you have to sink more gold into a pattern to get the item you want) it would STILL not be profitable. The profitability is determined by the scarcity, and crafted items are not scarce at all, they're an unlimited resource. Sure, there are gold/commodity costs, but let's face it those are unlimited resources in diablo. If it is suddenly profitable to craft, somehow, EVERYONE starts crafting and the market crashes. Only the people who crafted first make any money, It soon becomes just as cost effective for you to purchase a hammer you want for less than it would cost you to craft one and with none of the risk. Those selling them dump them at wholesale prices rather than vendor them as the market moves more towards perfect rolls.

Wait...but...that's the exact point I've been making. The purpose of crafting in the game is to pull down the costs of items, by requiring fixed inputs to create items with variable AH costs. In your scenario, the price of an item of X efficacy in terms of playing through Inferno just collapsed in response to crafters profit-taking -- that's deflation. That's exactly what I was saying crafting was designed to cause.

Gotchaye

It was always meant to be like that, Its diablo 3's version of gambling. You can supplement slots you need gear for so you can progress better and you can spend gold at a chance at hitting it big. Of course you can make a long term profit off second best items per slot if the cost to craft them is balanced right which is why it isn't profitable right now.

Even in d2 stuff that wasn't absolute BiS gear sold for alot. To say that its a logical fallacy that you can't make a profit off crafting because its randomized seems incredibly weird to me.

But that's not what he's saying. It's not randomization as such. Crafting isn't going to be worthwhile long-term because everyone can craft and items last forever. Once the percentage of accounts with good recipes hits a critical number (or the number of drops equivalent to great crafted items reaches a critical number, and this may have happened already), this will be a textbook perfectly competitive market. Further drops can then drive the value of crafting down.

But that's not what he's saying. It's not randomization as such. Crafting isn't going to be worthwhile long-term because everyone can craft and items last forever. Once the percentage of accounts with good recipes hits a critical number, this is a textbook perfectly competitive market.

That's the same thing as farming items though, everyone will be able to do it once balance and gear level normalize a bit. Is it then not profitable because supply will be higher? Are people not going to play because they have to spend gold on repair costs to have a chance at good items dropping?

Crafting is non profitable because its not balanced well. When its balanced well randomization is the only thing that will determine if its profitable or not much like everything else in a game like diablo.

Riggs

Banned
Was all hyped up about playing DIII tonight (haven't been able to do it for 2 days now) but then I watched the season finale of Game of Thrones. Turned out to be such a big fucking cliché disappointed that I now don't feel like doing anything.

Just get on mumble Jesus Christ. I need to tell you things.

Won

How does Life on Hit work with DH attacks that fire a lot of arrows? If I were to use rain of vengeance with the dark cloud rune (the one where it rains guided arrows for 12 seconds) would that give me life on hit for every arrow that hit an enemy? How about with multishot? It seems like if you went with a shadow power build and got a lot of life on hit you could tank pretty well with either of those.

I still haven't completely figured it out, the life after kill on my weapon makes things hard, but so far I would say everytime the game displays "white" damage (or crit for that matter) if you have the scrolling combat text on, it triggers the Life on Hit.

holy shit.

prices have really increased.

Of all the things that have increased in price, mediocre high DPS weapons are not one of them. The uber good, 1300+ DPS weapons have gone up, but the market is completely flooded with ~1000 DPS blue shit dropped from aspect farmers. The prices on those 1100-1200 DPS weapons have not fluctuated much in the last week or two.

The things that are really shooting up right now are dexterity based crit chance, IAS and crit damage gloves and jewelry. You will not find something with those modifiers below 5 million gold because people now understand that those are the most valuable stats in the game to the current FotM, the demon hunter. All dex gear in general is far more expensive than everything else.

Do the following searches: level 60 shoulders with 150+ dex and 70+ vit. They run about 750k or more. If you change that to 150+ str and 70+ vit, they will run you about 4k. It's laughable how much more valuable dexterity items are than strength items.

scy

Do the following searches: level 60 shoulders with 150+ dex and 70+ vit. They run about 750k or more. If you change that to 150+ str and 70+ vit, they will run you about 4k. It's laughable how much more valuable dexterity items are than strength items.

High INT/VIT is also fairly expensive :(

Just get on mumble Jesus Christ. I need to tell you things.

Reminds me that I've had Mumble installed since like Day 0 and still yet to pop in there. Hm...

scosher

Inflation wasn't as big of a problem in D2 because you had a gold cap for each hero and stash. Hell, you even dropped all your carried gold when dying in D2. Plus without a centralized and accessible AH, gold wasn't really worth much except to gamble away. It was all about the SOJ as currency, or just straight up bartering. And SOJ as currency obviously slowed inflation because of its rarity. Gold in D3 is plentiful, and obtainable by mass botting sadly.

Then there's the issue of no items being BoA or BoE. Absolutely ridiculous that the game shipped in this state, especially when Blizzard had plans of using a RMAH to monetize this game long after its release. I highly doubt the D3 team had any foresight as to the impact their decisions would have on the in-game economy.

You definitely could manage D2 without touching them, but they were definitely not small time, as already evidenced. Again, I think people are conflating "I personally did not go to them" with "They were not popular or important."
We can't actually have a quantitative argument over D2JSP vs. Battle.net as a population, so I'm fine with discussing this point here, because it may be the crux of the issue.

Trading in D2 (and particularly on D2JSP) was something that super nerds took upon themselves. It fell distinctly outside of the core gameplay loop that was both enjoyable and effective. In D3, Blizzard have intrinsically linked this unnecessary (but for you, enjoyable) side activity directly into the gameplay loop.

You personally may enjoy playing the AH, and you may have loved D2JSP. But D2JSP wasn't necessary--as evidenced by the fact that within this thread a lot of people are claiming it had little impact on the community, or that you are exaggerating its impact. Nobody would make that same claim about the D3 AH.

You could play all of D2 on your own, or with your friends, and have an enjoyable time and be completely oblivious to D2JSP's existence. You could be effective. You could run Ubers. And it wasn't that different of an experience than running with D2JSP, or rather, it wasn't inherently unfun, which is how I would describe D3 without using the AH.

In the end, D2JSP was really just an excuse for everyone to arms race their bots for the most efficient returns over time. In D3, the same arms race will affect everyone playing and is already hurting the core experience, at least in my opinion. (See also, my Zimbabwe post.)

So, basically they should have made gear BoE.
Or this.

High INT/VIT is also fairly expensive :(

Yeah wizards are also popular currently. And I understand that barbarians are currently valuing all resistances much higher than stats, but the price disparity is so vast on something with just straight primary stats that it makes me laugh.

Opiate

Crafting cannot yield profit unless it's just a random rare crafting pattern, period.

I think this is the important bit though Yanger (and something I hadn't thought of). If you can buy random junk rares, salvage them and convert them in to a good-to-great rare for (on average, accounting for bad crafts as well) 2M gold, then any price above that would not be logical. If I want a great 1hed sword but all the good ones on the AH are 20M+, but I can craft one by taking junk rares -- or better yet, even buying the commodities directly if we ever can -- and I do this for well under that price, then either commodity prices have to go up or great item prices have to come down.

I suspect they will simply go up in tandem, however, because this doesn't solve inflation, it just makes sure the disparity between junk items/great items doesn't become too big. The ratio between the should remain relatively constant, even if prices go up in absolute terms.

I agree though that blacksmithing needs to be buffed. All of this is moot if blacksmithing patterns cannot possibly achieve top-tier item status as is the case now.

scy

Yeah wizards are also popular currently. And I understand that barbarians are currently valuing all resistances much higher than stats, but the price disparity is so vast on something with just straight primary stats that it makes me laugh.

Witch Doctors too, to a lesser extent. It's part of the climb of Movement Speed, INT, Attack Speed items.

Resistances are still hilariously overpriced though. Good resistances with decent other stats still makes massive money when it probably shouldn't be.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Honest to god, I thought it was. That's the only way to truly control the economy.

I don't think it would really help, it would just remove the resell market. 95% of everything I sell, I would never touch. I actually think it would make it worse.

Of all the things that have increased in price, mediocre high DPS weapons are not one of them. The uber good, 1300+ DPS weapons have gone up, but the market is completely flooded with ~1000 DPS blue shit dropped from aspect farmers. The prices on those 1100-1200 DPS weapons have not fluctuated much in the last week or two.

The things that are really shooting up right now are dexterity based crit chance, IAS and crit damage gloves and jewelry. You will not find something with those modifiers below 5 million gold because people now understand that those are the most valuable stats in the game to the current FotM, the demon hunter. All dex gear in general is far more expensive than everything else.

so my 1300+ dps weapon is now worth a fair sum? more than the 1.5 mill i paid for it?

J-Rzez

So maybe this was asked before, but I seem to have hit a brick wall in Act 2 inferno. The open areas are fine, but in the caves/sewers I get the worse combo of mob pack ever. I had to lead some of them away from where I wanted to go just to get through. Sometimes I can't do this and just hit a brick wall. It's evident I need more gear I guess.

Problem is, where does this gear drop? In there and Act 1 I'm getting crap for gear for my DH. Apparently Act 3 is where it's at? Problem is, why do you have to farm Act 3 to get Act 2 gear?

Wish I had -50% to AH prices. Everything I want/need is ridiculously priced right now to add insult to injury. I'm getting burnt out on gold runs in Act 1. :(

scosher

Actually, the fact that gear is not BoE is keeping prices lower than they might otherwise be, I feel. Basic supply and demand. Items being recycled at least is keeping a healthy supply in the economy, and it's actually killed the price of lower-end items and sent them to the bargain bin.

The root of the problem is too much gold dropping with no real gold sink. Inflation is going to continue and only get worse.

scy

You could play all of D2 on your own, or with your friends, and have an enjoyable time and be completely oblivious to D2JSP's existence. You could be effective. You could run Ubers. And it wasn't that different of an experience than running with D2JSP, or rather, it wasn't inherently unfun, which is how I would describe D3 without using the AH.

You can do the same with Diablo 3. Until Inferno. But, personally, comparing Inferno with anything Diablo 2 just doesn't work.

We can't actually have a quantitative argument over D2JSP vs. Battle.net as a population, so I'm fine with discussing this point here, because it may be the crux of the issue.

Trading in D2 (and particularly on D2JSP) was something that super nerds took upon themselves. It fell distinctly outside of the core gameplay loop that was both enjoyable and effective. In D3, Blizzard have intrinsically linked this unnecessary (but for you, enjoyable) side activity directly into the gameplay loop.

You personally may enjoy playing the AH, and you may have loved D2JSP. But D2JSP wasn't necessary--as evidenced by the fact that within this thread a lot of people are claiming it had little impact on the community, or that you are exaggerating its impact. Nobody would make that same claim about the D3 AH.

In the end, D2JSP was really just an excuse for everyone to arms race their bots for the most efficient returns over time. In D3, the same arms race will affect everyone playing and is already hurting the core experience, at least in my opinion. (See also, my Zimbabwe post.)

Or this.

The only people online in d2 that didn't know about sites like d2jsp are people that are blind because those sites had 24/7 spammers in every channel, joining every public game, sending every account whispers about said sites.

Also these "super nerds" are what kept D2 going 8 years after release, the vast majority of people that just played to have fun or played solo or whatever didn't play every day for years on end which is what contributed to the d2 lifespan people like to throw around. There is no way diablo 2 online would be a fraction of as popular as it was down the road without stuff like d2jsp and trading and there's no way d3 will have a fraction of d2's lifespan without a AH or sites like d2jsp.

I concede it may be annoying for alot of people, but a AH done right is absolutely the way blizzard should have gone with d3. The AH simply isn't implemented well right now and hopes should be that they fix it as opposed to just being angry that it exists.

KKRT00

Honest to god, I thought it was. That's the only way to truly control the economy.

Not really. Make crafting relevant and salvaging more deep, like if You have legendary with IAS and Armor, You get crafting materials that have much higher chance to spawn them on crafted items, or smth like that.

They also dropped a ball with commodities, gems could easily control part of inflation if for example max gem lvl required 200-300k gold and there wouldnt be ability to take out gem gems just destroy them. Making more gems and combination of two and having more slots and ability to make slots in items [like 100k per item etc] would also fight inflation of gold and gems.
There are many smart ways to balance economy and avoid inflation, just Diablo 3 hasnt any. Repair costs are almost not existant and crafting is mostly useless, except for 6 prefix stuff.

Number45

Ive heard the best way to prevent it from disappearing is to equip it onto your witch companion
It's safely stashed at the moment, while I try and accrue the means to upgrade it to a useful level.

Thought I'd run through the early areas of Act I to see if I can get any useful upgrades, I've only run across one champion pack so far (nightmare + illusionist + frozen + electrified... so no walk in the park) and it's fucking bugged. Seems to have spawned a fourth that I can't get down past 1 HP so no drops or NV. :(

EDIT: Actually that's the second pack I found. The first was in the Damp Cellar and utterly kicked my ass - nightmare + illusionist + reflect damage + electrified.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So maybe this was asked before, but I seem to have hit a brick wall in Act 2 inferno. The open areas are fine, but in the caves/sewers I get the worse combo of mob pack ever. I had to lead some of them away from where I wanted to go just to get through. Sometimes I can't do this and just hit a brick wall. It's evident I need more gear I guess.

Problem is, where does this gear drop? In there and Act 1 I'm getting crap for gear for my DH. Apparently Act 3 is where it's at? Problem is, why do you have to farm Act 3 to get Act 2 gear?

Wish I had -50% to AH prices. Everything I want/need is ridiculously priced right now to add insult to injury. I'm getting burnt out on gold runs in Act 1. :(
Have you tried Warder/Butcher runs? You get about 5-7 rares and a shit ton of blues in a 20-40 minute session run. I got a bunch of money reselling the good rares that I couldn't use.

calder

Like a lot of people, I just assumed it was. Imagine my shock when I realized I could sell my old shit... what a bizarre decision.

Is the commodity AH up yet? It's killing my desire to keep playing, I have empty fucking slots and need to get some gems. So irritating. And whatever books I need to skill Shen up more.

Shouta

The 6 property items produce some really nice results, at least in armor. Weapons are likely bad but I've gotten some very sick pieces from my stuff. I've made a good 10 million from helm crafting already personally.

Chris R

Should I be DW 1h Crossbows on my DH or using a 2h bow? Right now I have some decent yellow crossbows I'm using right now that seem to be doing fine but should I switch to a bow if one drops? Only level 26 so don't laugh too much :p

The 6 property items produce some really nice results, at least in armor. Weapons are likely bad but I've gotten some very sick pieces from my stuff. I've made a good 10 million from helm crafting already personally.

Even the weapons are only one base item tier below the absolute best in the game, crafting will be in a good spot if they can get the balance of cost nailed down right like they say they intend to.

RDreamer

I don't know how you guys farm this Act 2 goblin. The little piece of crap keeps running into other monsters, so I can't kill him in time...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Nice... I may have to look into gambling with the Blacksmith. I only leveled him up to 6, though.

I guess I'll wait until I have a six-property book drop before investing anymore gold into him, though.

Shouta

It's expensive to get started but once you do, BS is not bad if you're lucky. As I said, 3 Helms, 10 million gold overall. All wizard gear though... Khatoz got a nice Barb helm when I did it for him as well so.

scy

I don't know how you guys farm this Act 2 goblin. The little piece of crap keeps running into other monsters, so I can't kill him in time...

On my DH, just Caltrops + Torturous Ground spam on his head so he doesn't go anywhere. On any of my other characters, I clear a larger area and try to block his movement so he runs where I want him to.

It's a lot easier on the DH, as you can tell.

Opiate

In the end, D2JSP was really just an excuse for everyone to arms race their bots for the most efficient returns over time. In D3, the same arms race will affect everyone playing and is already hurting the core experience, at least in my opinion.

Right, so here's the dilemma: balancing the game around no AH -- as Diablo 2 was -- means that the game has to be relatively easy, by design. If you expect most players to rely mostly or even exclusively on items they happen to personally get as drops, then you have to tune the encounters around that. Nothing can be so difficult that only top geared people can achieve it, because being "top geared" may take years if you never trade, or only trade with a couple friends.

The consequence, for people heavily involved in trading, was that the game was far too easy. Anyone who traded aggressively for any length of time would be capable of crushing Hell Baal so easily and quickly that the only real question was how fast you could do it, to increase your farming time. It was a less-than-ideal situation, but these people were often also Diablo 2's most consistent, long term customers.

So Blizzard had to make a choice between balancing this new game around the solo/small party D2 players (who did not trade) and the social/trading/big community players (who did). Blizzard clearly chose the latter. I don't mean that to be snide: I'm just pointing out that it isn't poor design, it's just design you don't happen to personally prefer. Generally speaking, games are becoming increasingly community/social oriented, with less and less emphasis on single player experiences.

And to be clear, I'm not suggesting there is no such thing as poor design; there are things in Diablo 3, such as the limited effectiveness of summoner spells for Witch Doctors in late Hell/Inferno difficulty, that pretty much everyone would agree are bad design. But many cases aren't really a matter of "poor design" vs. "good design," but rather different designs that will please different groups of players.

(See also, my Zimbabwe post.)

Inflation is a real problem, I absolutely agree -- I have already written several posts wringing my hands about it -- but the existence of the AH is not causing it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Because D2 is a good game, and Inferno is poorly balanced and tested beta content? Agreed.

D2 didn't really take off until the expansion in my opinion.

I honestly don't think the current implementation of Inferno is even that terrible. Obviously, some classes have it easier than others in terms of progression ability, but it's not impossible for anyone to progress with enough farming, which is the point of the game.

In the last few days, I've already moved from struggling through Act 1 to breezing through it on my Barbarian. I imagine that I'll be able to tackle Act II within a week or so.

I really think most of the complaints come from people who just aren't willing to accept a brick wall/gear check that Act II represents. They want to advance through the content and they want to do it now. I don't think this desire is entirely valid, but I'm also a long-time MMORPG player, so this kind of thing appeals to me.

The only real complain I have is that the game actively discourages playing with more than 2 people because of how ridiculously powerful the mobs gets with 3 and 4 players. You end up killing things slower, dying more, and not seeing any more or even better rewards for doing it.

pigeon

Banned
I suspect they will simply go up in tandem, however, because this doesn't solve inflation, it just makes sure the disparity between junk items/great items doesn't become too big. The ratio between the should remain relatively constant, even if prices go up in absolute terms.

This seems likely to me, with commodities keeping pace -- if commodity prices are too low, people will use them instead of salvaging, and if they get too high, people will just take items off the market and salvage them instead. Of course, this part of the system requires the commodity auction house to actually function, but it's possible we could see a steady state with high inflation that still allows new players to enter the economy by salvaging/selling junk (since their income in terms of commodities will keep pace with inflating prices). In a situation like that, you'd expect to see people store their wealth in items to avoid devaluation -- which means an SoJ market again, probably, but not as forbidding to new players.

I agree though that blacksmithing needs to be buffed. All of this is moot if blacksmithing patterns cannot possibly achieve top-tier item status as is the case now.

I don't think crafting needs to be able to produce the absolute best items in the game necessarily -- a luxury market isn't a problem as long as people can cover their "cost of living." But it needs to able to produce items that can get people to the end of Inferno, probably.

Torraz

Right, so here's the dilemma: balancing the game around no AH -- as Diablo 2 was -- means that the game has to be relatively easy, by design. If you expect most players to rely mostly or even exclusively on items they happen to personally get as drops, then you have to tune the encounters around that. Nothing can be so difficult that only top geared people can achieve it, because being "top geared" may take years if you never trade, or only trade with a couple friends.

The consequence, for people heavily involved in trading, was that the game was far too easy. Anyone who traded aggressively for any length of time would be capable of crushing Hell Baal so easily and quickly that the only real question was how fast you could do it, to increase your farming time. It was a less-than-ideal situation, but these people were often also Diablo 2's most consistent, long term customers.

So Blizzard had to make a choice between balancing this new game around the solo/small party D2 players (who did not trade) and the social/trading/big community players (who did). Blizzard clearly chose the latter. I don't mean that to be snide: I'm just pointing out that it isn't poor design, it's just design you don't happen to personally prefer. Generally speaking, games are becoming increasingly community/social oriented, with less and less emphasis on single player experiences.

And to be clear, I'm not suggesting there is no such thing as poor design; there are things in Diablo 3, such as the limited effectiveness of summoner spells for Witch Doctors in late Hell/Inferno difficulty, that pretty much everyone would agree are bad design. But many cases aren't really a matter of "poor design" vs. "good design," but rather different designs that will please different groups of players.

Inflation is a real problem, I absolutely agree -- I have already written several posts wringing my hands about it -- but the existence of the AH is not causing it.

A well thought out and logical post which I sadly have to agree with, even though I liked being able to progress on my own in D2...

I'm still wondering how, especially once the RMAH goes live, blizzard will tackle things like ladder resets. A simple ladder reset, once some fixes (classes, farming spots etc.) have been tackled might already fix some problems, at least in the short term. However, once people start paying real money for items I'm not sure how agreeable they would be to ladder resets...

snip

I really think most of the complaints come from people who just aren't willing to accept a brick wall/gear check that Act II represents. They want to advance through the content and they want to do it now. I don't think this desire is entirely valid, but I'm also a long-time MMORPG player, so this kind of thing appeals to me.

I'm probably really unlucky because I did around 10 butcher runs in the last days and did not get anything that would be sellable on the AH, only some gold - and not a lot since I can't compromise on survivability for gf/mf without being a gigantic liability to a group. In fact, I think I have only found 1-2 marginally useful items in many hours of farming act 1 inferno. Furthermore, the constant ticking down on the NV timer is horrible for the health of my heart, especially people keep standing in the fire - but I'm too weak to solo it so I have to keep cooping.

Opiate

I also think inflation was acceptable until very recently. Some early inflation is normal: as a larger and larger percentage of the userbase reaches 60, a greater percentage of people will have access to more gold, and the inflation should exist at a slow and steady pace for a while.

I think prices were doing just that for a while, but the last couple days have far exceeded this. I strongly suspect that bots are the root, primary and perhaps exclusive cause of the rapid inflation over the last few days.

Artanisix

As fucking awful as the inflation, class balance, and Inferno are, I'm still very excited for the PvP mode in this game. Just looking through the spells for a Barbarian, I can already tell there are going to be way more useful skills I can choose (IE ANCIENT SPEAR).

Although I'm still not looking forward to bullshit DHs in PvP either. SURE WILL BE FUN FIGHTING THOSE 9 SECOND IMMUNE DHS WITH INSANE MOVEMENT SPEED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom