• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I'd think that a proposed Heroic mode (or Inferno-Inferno, Inferno 2, whatever) would need a lot more individual player incentive. Bind on Pickup or "tokens" for clearing it to be redeemed (basically, the WoW badge model). Stuff outside the realm of the AH, essentially.

That or start limiting gear you can use to stuff you readily have access to.

The "Seriously, get an Authenticator" warcry will become tremendous.

What they should do is take a cue from the Japanese. Either create a lot of challenges designed for players that have defeated Inferno to complete with incredibly high difficulty or unique objectives and have a ladder to it or create a special new mode, I'd call it "Diablo mode," where they rearrange the content of 1-4 and make it harder.

The challenges idea is the one I'd like and it could be extended to players leveling up as well. Complete this challenge outside of the main game for a unique reward like being able to socket a piece of gear or getting to pick the modifiers on a piece of gear you want but only once per character.

Cipherr

Once PvP goes up, I don't care what they already said. I am 1000% sure people will bitch and they will have no choice but to adjust certain things. Maybe it will be the perfect balance right off the bat. Maybe all of the gripes players are having in PvE now are just results of Blizzard focusing more on PvP balance between classes and this causes us to have issues against monsters. Realistically though, they did not fine tune PvP (just look at how shit the balancing is now at launch) and they are going to have to adjust some stuff.

Ideally they didn't want to have to change mechanics of classes up but if they want PvP to thrive and people to continue to play their game then they are going to have to please the player base. Just my 2 cents.

Whatevs, I say let PvP balance burn. I swear to god I will rage if I start eating un-needed PvE class nerfs in fucking Diablo because of some PvP shit. They had better go the route of nerfing skills PvP effects but leaving the PvE effects in tact.

What they should do is take a cue from the Japanese. Either create a lot of challenges designed for players that have defeated Inferno to complete with incredibly high difficulty or unique objectives and have a ladder to it or create a special new mode, I'd call it "Diablo mode," where they rearrange the content of 1-4 and make it harder.

The challenges idea is the one I'd like and it could be extended to players leveling up as well. Complete this challenge outside of the main game for a unique reward like being able to socket a piece of gear or getting to pick the modifiers on a piece of gear you want but only once per character.

Yea, individual challenges are an amazing idea, would love to see something like that happen.

Whatevs, I say let PvP balance burn. I swear to god I will rage if I start eating un-needed PvE class nerfs in fucking Diablo because of some PvP shit. They had better go the route of nerfing skills PvP effects but leaving the PvE effects in tact.

amen...I really could give a shit about PvP

goldensun

I'll post this once a day until the final day.

Enter this! It costs you absolutely nothing and you can choose whatever the hell you want! I'm not selling any of my drops right now.

Ct39O.png

What is it? ||| I've decided that instead of selling my good drops I get from farming, I will choose (at random) one member that has opted in my giveaway to select any one item of their choosing from my current stash to have for free!

When is it? ||| Whenever I post it! I'll randomly post in any D3 OT that's currently running and say that the giveaway has begun. After that, all you need to do to enter is send me a private message and say you're in for the drawing! I'll announce who's been selected approximately 4 days after I make the post in the topic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! ||| Because I love yah GAF!

DAYS REMAINING TO PM ME: 3

P.S. I have various items for all classes, so don't worry about not having something for your class. And if there's absolutely nothing you need, just take something that'll sell on the AH for a million (or in some cases millions :p).

Booya

Neo Member
play morrowind till blizzard fixes this shit... ;)

well its good to know im not the only one having this.
do you know why its the way it is? i was thinking it has smth to do with us-client / language if you live in a different language country and would normally use their client / language.

derwalde

well its good to know im not the only one having this.
do you know why its the way it is? i was thinking it has smth to do with us-client / language if you live in a different language country and would normally use their client / language.

i had this problem with the last patch aswell. i dunno how to fix it ;(

HenryHSH

So I think I won a bid on a badass item because the AH is down. This would be the second time this happens! All I need now is for the AH to come back up so I can confirm.

zlatko

Banned
I'll post this once a day until the final day (now 3 days from now).

Enter this! It costs you absolutely nothing and you can choose whatever the hell you want! I'm not selling any of my drops right now.

Ct39O.png

What is it? ||| I've decided that instead of selling my good drops I get from farming, I will choose (at random) one member that has opted in my giveaway to select any one item of their choosing from my current stash to have for free!

When is it? ||| Whenever I post it! I'll randomly post in any D3 OT that's currently running and say that the giveaway has begun. After that, all you need to do to enter is send me a private message and say you're in for the drawing! I'll announce who's been selected approximately 4 days after I make the post in the topic.

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?! ||| Because I love yah GAF!

P.S. I have various items for all classes, so don't worry about not having something for your class. And if there's absolutely nothing you need, just take something that'll sell on the AH for a million (or in some cases millions :p).

So does this post count as you starting a giveaway or is it later on we should PM you?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I like how they are going to change the drop tables in 1.0.3 to drop top tier loot even in act I.

I also wonder how long it will be before Blizzard does some event, or new bit of content.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Those patch notes sound...okay, I guess.

Hey remember during the beta thread all those times I said that the design path they are on is probably going to make the devs consider nerfing Inferno mode?

...yeah.

goldensun

So does this post count as you starting a giveaway or is it later on we should PM you?
I posted it once yesterday but it was late in NA so not many people PM'd me, but it's started now so you can send me a PM whenever :)

Each time I repost the contest I'll add a "days remaining" counter!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
wtf at least 50,000 gold is gone when I got back in the game. I was at 60,000 gold trying to save up for the first stash expansion and now it is 9000 something.

pigeon

Banned
Yes, at a very low chance.

Well, it's a quarter of the chance to see them in Act IV Inferno, so it may not actually feel like that low a chance in practice. Lots of items get dropped in Diablo, after all. How many level 63 items drop for people in Act IV?

wtf at least 50,000 gold is gone when I got back in the game. I was at 60,000 gold trying to save up for the first stash expansion and now it is 9000 something.

Oh, thats Blizzard's newly implemented subscription fee. It comes out in gold automatically. Don't worry if you're low on gold, they are implementing a new repo system that takes your stashed or equipped items.

goldensun

Whelp, now that they took out the glitch to get to act iv if you haven't progressed there, looks like my DH will be farming in act iv for a looooooong time since I won't be leaving :lol

That is if they don't find some way to kick me out of it.

8% droprate of top tier items in act iv makes me giddy! Does anyone know what it is right now before the patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom