• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh god, I just got a Hord of those things that spin and reflect projectiles. I can only imagine the horrors if they were also Invaluable Minions.

Edit: Oh god, I just had it where I went out side to try and escape some elite enemies and heal up, only to find more outside.

"Bail out, bail ou- OH GOD, BAIL IN, BAIL IN!"

Bliany

So what are people's routines for town runs/selling? I usually just merchant most blues and crappy golds, then throw decent golds into storage to AH later.

How many people here are salvaging?

I'm only lvl 39 and pretty new to the game for reference.

GJS

So what are people's routines for town runs/selling? I usually just merchant most blues and crappy golds, then throw decent golds into storage to AH later.

I vendor everything except a couple of good items, probably like 1 or 2 a run and most of those end up not being worth the time on AH.

No point salvaging atm as commodity sales are still down so I have no idea what they would be worth, and I don't use the blacksmith my self.

EDIT/
Commodities are back up on the AH.

Riggs

Banned
GsLGn.jpg

I found a picture of Yoshi's gaming set up for D3.

Oh shit, I laughed.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

With the current black smithing system, it is really only worth it to salvage Infernal Items IMO.

So when I go back to town, I put all the items I think I can sell on a page in my stash, along with gems and such, salvage all the level 60's, and sell off the rest.

Also, While this may just be a random marking, it just looks signicantish. Found this in the Vault of the Assassin when you have to get Kulle's blood back:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/Diablo/marking.jpg

Edit: you know, there are actually a bunch of those, likely just random markings.

Cipherr

Was anyone else able to get into the AH? I bought up some nice stuff, exited and joined a game to make room in my stash, jumped out to send to stash and now its down again.

Oh well, still put together a much much better whole set of great Dex/Vit/Max Discipline gear, all with "Ignores durability loss" modifiers.

Except for jewelry, couldn't find any jewelry pieces with it.

Opiate

Goldensun, if you get your PM box in order (apparently its full), I'll put your contest in the OP, if you don't mind. It's a nice idea we can promote.

balddemon

Banned
WTB 800 DPS 1h/2h with 500+ Life on Hit

thats what i'm spamming in trade :( no one has one

edit: someone just showed me a 1k dps 2h polearm with 793 loh and wants 2m :( i have 120k, lmao

scy

WTB 800 DPS 1h/2h with 500+ Life on Hit

thats what i'm spamming in trade :( no one has one

edit: someone just showed me a 1k dps 2h polearm with 793 loh and wants 2m :( i have 120k, lmao

Eh, you're probably better off looking for a weapon with a socket and putting an Amethyst in it. 800-ish DPS 1H with LoH are still like 1M Gold.

farming act 3 hell for money so i can try and beat inferno. 430 all resist apparently doesn't help that much

What class? I did Act 1 Inferno with my Monk in the upper 200s. It's a pretty easy Act all things considered, really.

Opiate

farming act 3 hell for money so i can try and beat inferno. 430 all resist apparently doesn't help that much

That's definitely sufficient for most of Inferno (at least in to act III), so you're lacking in some other area. Weapon DPS is a possibility, yes. Perhaps your HP is low. Armor is. Perhaps your DPS is low that even with survivability you can't take them down fast enough.

goldensun

Goldensun, if you get your PM box in order (apparently its full), I'll put your contest in the OP, if you don't mind. It's a nice idea we can promote.
That'd be awesome, thanks man!

I just got everyone's name down who has entered and cleared my PM box, sorry you had to wait gatisimo! Good luck to anyone and everyone.

Edit: Also, could you add the deadline to enter is June 9 @ 10:00 PM PDT? That'd be super awesome, thanks again.

LordCanti

Is there an ETA on the NA Auction House coming back up?

Edit: Logged out/back in (for the third time) and it appeared.

Edit 2: Oh hey, this is fun. Apparently I won three Square Emerald auctions, and one auction for a page of jewelcrafting. None of which are currently available for sale in the AH. 3k gold each.

Edit 3: Not as fun; My 1200 DPS (socketed) spear w/ 200 dex sold for 500k. Blizzzzarrddddddd!

scy

Perhaps your DPS is low that even with survivability you can't take them down fast enough.

A lot of tanky builds seem to miss that you still need to kill things. Diablo survivability is more about surviving a few hits and getting back to full rather than through sheer mitigating all damage to nothing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is there an ETA on the NA Auction House coming back up?

I am just hoping they are back up by the time I finish Act II. I think I am going to plow straight through the rest of it, then theory craft my gear and find out which piece of gear is the worst.

My goal is to get a slow 2H weapon with 100 more DPS (from 950 to 1050, preferably at .9 attacks per second, and maybe a bit more int), and flat out double my armor, while keeping at least ~30k HP and 900 buffed AR.

balddemon

Banned
Eh, you're probably better off looking for a weapon with a socket and putting an Amethyst in it. 800-ish DPS 1H with LoH are still like 1M Gold.

What class? I did Act 1 Inferno with my Monk in the upper 200s. It's a pretty easy Act all things considered, really.
barb. and dont u need a high level amethyst for worthwhile loh?
That's definitely sufficient for most of Inferno (at least in to act III), so you're lacking in some other area. Weapon DPS is a possibility, yes. Perhaps your HP is low. Armor is. Perhaps your DPS is low that even with survivability you can't take them down fast enough.

With 1h/shield (710.5 DPS)
32k life, 6.6k armor, 429 all resist.

With 2h (1114.6 DPS)
29k life, 5.2k armor, 332 all resist.

moop1167

Whoa, is the auction house bugged? I logged in and it's showing that I won a TON of bids on gems that I never bid on lol. However, they don't show up in my completed items. I wasn't hacked because all of my money is there and I have an authenticator.

Anyone else see this?

steadfast

With the current black smithing system, it is really only worth it to salvage Infernal Items IMO.

So when I go back to town, I put all the items I think I can sell on a page in my stash, along with gems and such, salvage all the level 60's, and sell off the rest.

Also, While this may just be a random marking, it just looks signicantish. Found this in the Vault of the Assassin when you have to get Kulle's blood back:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/Diablo/marking.jpg

Edit: you know, there are actually a bunch of those, likely just random markings.

Yeah, I think it's just part of that tile set.

scy

+300 on Stars which is ... okay, I guess that is a lot of money if you have 120k Gold to spend.

US Servers? I'll see if I have anything when I get off work (/when I'm done farming).

Brashnir

With 1h/shield (710.5 DPS)
32k life, 6.6k armor, 429 all resist.

With 2h (1114.6 DPS)
29k life, 5.2k armor, 332 all resist.

Are those the DPS ratings on the weapons or your overall Damage rating? If it's the first one, you should be able to annihilate Act 1 Inferno. If the second, you need a weapon.

balddemon

Banned
+300 on Stars which is ... okay, I guess that is a lot of money if you have 120k Gold to spend.

US Servers? I'll see if I have anything when I get off work (/when I'm done farming).
yeah US. that would be great, i'll pm you battletag
Are those the DPS ratings on the weapons or your overall Damage rating? If it's the first one, you should be able to annihilate Act 1 Inferno. If the second, you need a weapon.
ya with the 2h i do 11.2k damage and the 1h/shield i do 7.2k damage. i'll go try inferno again. i made it to just before the skele king with a friend earlier but he was doing all the killing

xanavi

Whoa, is the auction house bugged? I logged in and it's showing that I won a TON of bids on gems that I never bid on lol. However, they don't show up in my completed items. I wasn't hacked because all of my money is there and I have an authenticator.

Anyone else see this?

Yeah, my auction page looks like this too, but I'm not missing any gold.

5 hours trying to kill inferno diablo with no success.

Part 1 is pretty straight forward, but part 2, the friggin clones keep killing me. I've managed to kill 2 and got shadow diablo down to 1/4 health. But I ain't got anywhere close to that again.

DH shadow clones 1 shot me with arrows and most of their abilities, sometime I get lucky and they fire something slow or vault or spike trap.

Bloody frustrating.

I can only assume that some posters think that Diablo 2's "longevity" consisted of a bunch of people playing it on and off, maybe dusting the game off every few years and beating it again with friends.

This is not the case. The people who kept the game going often played it consistently for a decade, perhaps with a few breaks, but generally with a good deal of consistency. These people were not there to dust off the old Diablo 2 copy and beat it again, but to PvP and trade at very high levels. They played it like one might play an FPS at high levels; it was their game of choice for years on end.

This may not be you, personally. It also isn't me. But these people were the meat of the Diablo 2 empire, not the people who simply played it as a "loot whore" game with a small group of friends or even alone.
I don't mean to be snide, but how is your conjecture about a 'Diablo Empire' even relevant? Meaning, what question are you trying to answer? What solution are you offering, and for which problem?

I'm thinking of rolling another class to 60 while waiting for patch 1.0.3 to come out. I'm tempted to start a WD class, but am hoping to hear something positive after the patch before I do though. I play a Monk now.

Either this, or I'm going to help my friend get too 60 and run through hell with him. I figure I'll make a good amount of golf running through hell with 5 stacks the whole time. Maybe when the patch comes out I"ll have enough for a slight weapon upgrade so I can beat the butcher before time runs out. Then farm act 1 for a while more.

Kyoufu

Wow Stormshield is AMAZING.

I went from getting destroyed by the fat dudes with clubs to being able to tank them straight on in 2 player mode and soloing it. Then I soloed a pack of elites.

And I haven't even spent 100 million gold yet!

Opiate

I don't mean to be snide, but how is your conjecture about a 'Diablo Empire' even relevant? Meaning, what question are you trying to answer? What solution are you offering, and for which problem?

The question is who Diablo 3 should cater to primarily, who the game should be focused and balanced around, and so forth.

Again, tuning Diablo 3 around people who mostly solo or play in small groups and don't trade is going to make the game trivially easy for those who do trade with any seriousness. Obviously if you can beat the game fairly quickly just using drops you got from your own adventuring, then it will be extremely easy if you can trade for much better gear.

By contrast, if you balance around traders, then solo/small friend group players are going to find the game extremely difficult. The game might take months or even years to complete without trading.

And so the question is: who do you balance around? Because one of the two groups is going to lose out. Either its too easy for people who can trade (as was Diablo 2), or too hard for people who can't.

I am suggesting that it is far more sensible to balance around the traders, because they are simply a more important and more substantial part of the Diablo community, and are the most important part of keeping Diablo alive for so long. Of course, this is precisely what Blizzard has done, and so I don't think there is a problem. Blizzard is correct focus more on people interested in the AH/trading and less on people who simply want to loot whore/solo play, because the former group is the primary driver behind the persistent success of Diablo 2.

This has been and remains my contention.

Quick reminder - the Reddit AMAA starts in 40 minutes. A full list of the questions and answers will be posted later, but if you're around to watch/participate in it live, all the better.

MrDaravon

So I spent about 160k (most of my money atm) and bought a better 2h crossbow and put an Emerald on it, as well as traded out my two rings that were both Dex + Vit for Attack speed % + (higher) Vit, and went from this:

s9LgL.png

to this:

yxkr6.png

I lost my life on hit bonuses but those weren't making or breaking it for me at this point, I do more damage AND have way more health, awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom