• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

With the way people talked about the butcher in inferno, I didn't expect to beat him on my 2nd try.

Guess using a wizard is cheating.

Does it matter on what difficulty you are with the bosses? I mean with Butcher and 2nd form Belial you can just dodge everything very easily. They have no guaranteed hit moves...

Kyoufu

With the way people talked about the butcher in inferno, I didn't expect to beat him on my 2nd try.

Guess using a wizard is cheating.

He's only the easiest boss in the game :p

The fact that you don't need to dodge fires in the room makes the fight a total joke. I just end up soloing him in 4 man public groups when everyone else dies.

Thoraxes

He's only the easiest boss in the game :p

The fact that you don't need to dodge fires in the room makes the fight a total joke. I just end up soloing him in 4 man public groups when everyone else dies.

Are you talking about the bottom floor thing, or is there no fire on inferno?

I lost a lot of progress some how... (Act 2)

Last night I was
Done 1/2 getting Kulle's Blood
and this morning I woke up and I was
"Go find the Forgotten Oasis."

That's a lot I have to re-do, and it's the first time this has happened to me (I didn't lose any items or gold from where I last logged off either.)

Tacitus_

Does it matter on what difficulty you are with the bosses? I mean with Butcher and 2nd form Belial you can just dodge everything very easily. They have no guaranteed hit moves...

You have to eat his basic melee swings if you play melee and there's the multishot hook he does occasionally vs ranged.

Protome

I've been messing around with the skills on my level 37 Wizard with some interesting (at least I thought so) discoveries.
I was basically trying out using Storm Shield with Power of the Storm, Diamond Skin and Prism and Ray of Frost with cold blood to see the effect on the arcane usage.

According to the tooltips:

Ray of Frost's cold blood rune reduces casting cost to 12.
Power of the storm reduces it by 3 to 9.
Prism then reduces it by 7 to 2.

so I tried this out believing "Hey I'll have this power which uses barely any arcane power" but in practice my Arcane was actually regenerating while casting it.
It's not the most useful discovery ever and someone else has probably done it before, but I found it interesting.

Thoraxes

I've been messing around with the skills on my level 37 Wizard with some interesting (at least I thought so) discoveries.
I was basically trying out using Storm Shield with Power of the Storm, Diamond Skin and Prism and Ray of Frost with cold blood to see the effect on the arcane usage.

According to the tooltips:

Ray of Frost's cold blood rune reduces casting cost to 12.
Power of the storm reduces it by 3 to 9.
Prism then reduces it by 7 to 2.

so I tried this out believing "Hey I'll have this power which uses barely any arcane power" but in practice my Arcane was actually regenerating while casting it.
It's not the most useful discovery ever and someone else has probably done it before, but I found it interesting.

Gotta love it when your regen is faster than you can use your resource.

Could you guys help me?

I use the button to take screenshots and it does. But when I go to the folder, it says it cant open it because the file is empty.

Im using Vista btw.

How do I get screenshots?

Atrophis

Can someone tell me how im supposed to beat Izual in Hell as a Monk? He has a charge instant kill move that cannot be dodged so no matter how I try and take him on I die as soon as he decides to do it.

Nevermind, didnt have enough health I guess. A quick switch of dex to vit gems sorted it.

Airan

It could also be the Mantra of Evasion and its last rune, the one where it gives off an AoE explosion if you successfully dodge. Didn't view more than a minute of the vid though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hmmph, where do all these 1500 dps weapons drop? I've been playing act I inferno and everything I get is sub 500 dps. What gives?

GorillaJu

I lost a lot of progress some how... (Act 2)

Last night I was
Done 1/2 getting Kulle's Blood
and this morning I woke up and I was
"Go find the Forgotten Oasis."

That's a lot I have to re-do, and it's the first time this has happened to me (I didn't lose any items or gold from where I last logged off either.)

I've lost progress in this exact place. The second time I made sure to get to the archives before I leave the game. :p

Neki

That seems like WAY too much to me. I'd price it 80k but since it's legendary, perhaps 100k.

You can get rings with more int and more attack speed for MUCH less. And people mostly separate their MF gear for their regular gear, so when it comes to MF you want as much as possible and you don't care about other stats.

In other news, check out these pretty sick wizard items: http://i.imgur.com/Amqnw.jpg

80k? lol

you underestimate attack speed + main stat + crit + mf + socket. A ring with just attack speed + main stat is 80k.

selling for 80k would be the stupidest thing ever. He could probably sell it for at least 500k, but if I saw a ring like that with dex, I'd easily pay a million.

I say put it up for a million if it doesn't sell, lower it to 800k

Cipherr

Having a decent morning so far with the normal farming of Act 4 in Inferno.

qhHHf.png

The legendary was nice, but its the blue items that are the bread and butter. Millions and millions a few hundred thousand at a time.

spirity

Is EU down? I can't get in game, it gets stuck at authenticating credentials and tells me I've been disconnected. Can't get on battle.net eu either, and its been that way since yesterday. I can play on US servers.

red731

Getting my ass whopped on Act IV quest one :lol
monk 59n near 60. Seems like I will need to farm Act III - any recommended spots? I know about Azmodan, but any other - except everywhere?

GorillaJu

So aside from gaming the AH, what's the preferred method of gearing up during Act I inferno?

I've made a few mil off of buying low selling high, but yeah.. Doesn't really feel like I'm playing Diablo. Maybe I should start an alt.

Inferno is too difficult to be fun for me. "Difficult" isn't even the right word. Poorly balanced would be better. Bosses, story mode mini bosses etc are fine. But fuck Mortar Invincible Minion Extra Health Jailor enemies :p

Ok, i'm still on the fence about buying this game. I'm not sure if I have enough time in my life to play a game like this and if this game is worth that time investment. What to do...

Riggs

Banned
Anyone else ever sit on "Connected to battle.net server" .... sometimes I have to close game out multiples times to get the next two steps to pass when logging in.

eek5

I've got level 60 monk and 53? barb, melee are rubbish in inferno, my mages 30+ and is rolling through everything, melee need to be buffed asap

Act 1 isn't that bad. I duo with a monk (I am a barb) and we roll through it. I think we cleared the entire thing today and I only died once (I was standing on top of that tree poison with 3 pack of blues around me and 10s left on my charge cooldown).

I've still been gearing up for Act 2 though. I can kind of do it a bit but it's really brutal right now. Instead of actually playing, I'm doing more of dying, chipping away, dying which isn't really fun.

Deadly

There was a 2h on AH that had 900dps and +int AND +vit yesterday and went for 19k. I didn't even think about it after I saw 900dps and clicked buyout but I got there too late =(

That would've been the best bargain deal ever...

Kyoufu

There was a 2h on AH that had 900dps and +int AND +vit yesterday and went for 19k. I didn't even think about it after I saw 900dps and clicked buyout but I got there too late =(

There are similar weapons around 70k. I need a 1H though :(

Tideas

Banned
are ppl still bitching about how the AH ruin the game? even though...it's an opt-in system, and has nothing to do with ruining THEIR enjoyment?

Neki

if it makes you feel any better, 800 dps weapons can't even sell, so they're practically free! :p

Wunder

Whoa OT3 already, well done DiabloGAF! So I just got home for a short break from university and my PC here runs Diablo 3 horribly. 30-40 FPS idle and 10-20 in almost any fight. ;_;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
G'morning D3 GAF :)

Anything new? Any hotfixes? Buffs? Nerfs? Changes overall?
Whoa OT3 already, well done DiabloGAF! So I just got home for a short break from university and my PC here runs Diablo 3 horribly. 30-40 FPS idle and 10-20 in almost any fight. ;_;
This sucks to read ... :(

Deadly

if it makes you feel any better, 800 dps weapons can't even sell, so they're practically free! :p
The stuff in the 900's are about priced the same which is why the 800's might not be selling. I only have a ~780dps weap right now =/ I'd gladly take something in the 800's for cheap. But if I'm going to spend an amount I want a big jump at least.

Neki

The stuff in the 900's are about priced the same which is why the 800's might not be selling. I only have a ~780dps weap right now =/ I'd gladly take something in the 800's for cheap. But if I'm going to spend an amount I want a big jump at least.

you can have them for free lolz if you're NA

Totakeke

The ones with the good stats (IAS, crit chance and damage) are still pretty expensive though, at least the bows are... easily 300k and above. Definitely wish I could sort by dps now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom