• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

511 resist all,
7000 armor with aura
44k hp
10k dps
800 ish life on hit.

Cannot kill a single champion pack on act 2 inferno, I have no idea how a monk is supposed to do this solo.

I have worse stats than you and was able to get past Magda today. I was scared to even try Act 2 for a while so I farmed Butcher. Act 2 was really, really, really hard when I first tried it. For some reason, I did really well today. Stacked up to 5 for at least 2 hours. Decent drops too.

Try using Earth Ally & Deadly Reach with Keen Eye.

Danielsan

Beat Diablo on nightmare solo and started my Hell run. Already progressed past the fields of misery. My Witch Doctor is level 52 now, with 20k health and 2050dps unbuffed. Aside from the fact that elite mobs have more modifiers it really hasn't felt much more difficult than nightmare.

igTcFtj3IGzHK.PNG

Beat Diablo on nightmare solo and started my Hell run. Already progressed past the fields of misery. My Witch Doctor is level 52 now, with 20k health and 2050dps unbuffed. Aside from the fact that elite mobs have more modifiers it really hasn't felt much more difficult than nightmare.

igTcFtj3IGzHK.PNG

That's pretty much the main reason for the difficulty jump, especially Act 2 onwards

Torraz

Been doing act 2 hell belial runs at 58 (monk) to level up. One run seems to give at least 5 blue items (2 from the purple), and three - four from belial. Its still 21k + 77k xp for the quests alone. I'm at around 32kish HP (unbuffed) and 3k atk (unbuffed). I think I overdid the HP but im not finding any better weapons.

Just had the worst run ever, the belial kill took around 10 minutes and everyone, except for me, died around 5-15 times (no joke... (i ressed them...)) a piece. Then a racially infused flame war started with one of the dudes saying that I should suck my french male resproductive organ and being especially racist toward some player with a name made up of chinese symbols.

zoukka

Just had the worst run ever, the belial kill took around 10 minutes and everyone, except for me, died around 5-15 times (no joke... (i ressed them...)) a piece. Then a racially infused flame war started with one of the dudes saying that I should suck my french male resproductive organ and being especially racist toward some player with a name made up of chinese symbols.

Hehe I've yet to try public fails.

aznpxdd

Halfway through Hell Act I with my Monk, doing okay so far.

Pretty average stats:
19k health
5k dps
100 all resistance

Sucks that there isn't a channel function...Gaffers can just meet there and party up. Much easier.

Alex

igTcFtj3IGzHK.PNG

Starting in Act II and III in Hell is where I felt the difficulty in the game kicked in really well. Champion packs got really obnoxious and also a lot more (sadly!) natural with their placement and melding with normal mobs.

We got a lot of brutal combos during that period, but that's when it started to get really fun for me. It's so satisfying when you claw by a rough pack.

Audioboxer

As others have said Blizzard should really let you cancel at least some of your Auctions, 1~3 to make room for new items if like me you've out priced your ten slots :p

Btw the ring market is crazy, missed out on some deals by seconds. Hit search, see the ring a few seconds later and an error pops up saying ring bought already.

511 resist all,
7000 armor with aura
44k hp
10k dps
800 ish life on hit.

Cannot kill a single champion pack on act 2 inferno, I have no idea how a monk is supposed to do this solo.
My highest resist is 140 I have 5k armor, 25k hp, 10k damage and 400 life on hit. (I'm trying to avoid the AH as much as possible)

I can kill some Act II packs the same way every other monk has to. Cast your ally, turn on serenity and try to do as much damage as possible....and then run around like an idiot until it comes back. It's retarded. We will be farming Act I for a while.

Haha, I must be showing early fucking signs of parkinsons diseases cause I keep accidentally dragging my skills out of their slots and fucking up my Nephalem valor perk! I had 5x stacked going into Diablo and I accidentally fucked up.

Blizz should totally add an option for you to lock your skills so this dumb shit doesn't happen. Goddammit. It has happened to me three times now, to be honest. I always just alt+F4 out when it does. Shits too depressing.

Raide

Haha, I must be showing early fucking signs of parkinsons diseases cause I keep accidentally dragging my skills out of their slots and fucking up my Nephalem valor perk! I had 5x stacked going into Diablo and I accidentally fucked up.

Blizz should totally add an option for you to lock your skills so this dumb shit doesn't happen. Goddammit. It has happened to me three times now, to be honest. I always just alt+F4 out when it does. Shits too depressing.

What happens if you turn off Elective Mode after changing your skills?

I'd price it close to 1.0m to 1.5m.

That seems like WAY too much to me. I'd price it 80k but since it's legendary, perhaps 100k.

You can get rings with more int and more attack speed for MUCH less. And people mostly separate their MF gear for their regular gear, so when it comes to MF you want as much as possible and you don't care about other stats.

In other news, check out these pretty sick wizard items: http://i.imgur.com/Amqnw.jpg

Holden

How do you guys get your post-flawless square gems, buying them or crafting them? cause the gem auction house seems to never work for me, so annoying.

no idea, honestly. Seems like they were making the in-game jewel crafting useless.

I wonder how panicked Blizz is as nobody is crafting shit. What's needed is a patch, or a different market.

Prices for the absolute best weapons in the auction house will keep going up, but there's lots of almost top tier stuff that's going for real cheap. You can get an >800 2 hander for around 10k, which is pretty cheap if you think about it. To craft such an item would take LOTS of money and time.

Raide

I wonder how panicked Blizz is as nobody is crafting shit. What's needed is a patch, or a different market.

Prices for the absolute best weapons in the auction house will keep going up, but there's lots of almost top tier stuff that's going for real cheap. You can get an >800 2 hander for around 10k, which is pretty cheap if you think about it. To craft such an item would take LOTS of money and time.

I wonder how much of the AH stuff is drops versus people crafting gear and selling it?

Kyoufu

For all you Monks out there, please explain what the hell happened. Some guy was destroying everything with some kind of aura. It looked really flashy like a burst of light, sparkling all the time. Seems like anything caught in his proximity would drop fast.

He literally ran to elites and just demolished them in seconds. Are people cheating already?

The problem with commodities is that for someone on normal, trash drops from Nightmare/Hell are amazing. So the market gets flooded with gems that are dropping every 2ms and the price gets ridiculously low.

If I recall correctly, squares were going for about 5000 gold last week. A couple days ago before the commodities market went down they were worth 800

Tacitus_

The problem with commodities is that for someone on normal, trash drops from Nightmare/Hell are amazing. So the market gets flooded with gems that are dropping every 2ms and the price gets ridiculously low.

If I recall correctly, squares were going for about 5000 gold last week. A couple days ago before the commodities market went down they were worth 800

Hah, if this continues it'll be cheaper just vendoring or salvaging the item instead of getting the gem back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom