• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit I just had the most epic experience ever. I was co-oping with a friend and we were on Hell Diablo. I was Barbarian (32k HP, 7k damage) he was wizard (30k HP, 16k damage). He died almost right before phase 2 started. Somehow I managed to solo all of a 2-person diablo down to death by myself.

At the end I had 0 potions, and it took 30 minutes. Fucking hell, if you want a challenge, try that.

level 55 monk, in the middle of act 2 on hell difficulty, 27.6k health, doing 3.5k dps. so far all is well, but champions/elites/strong packs can sometimes get the best of me.

Holy shit I just had the most epic experience ever. I was co-oping with a friend and we were on Hell Diablo. I was Barbarian (32k HP, 7k damage) he was wizard (30k HP, 16k damage). He died almost right before phase 2 started. Somehow I managed to solo all of a 2-person diablo down to death by myself.

At the end I had 0 potions, and it took 30 minutes. Fucking hell, if you want a challenge, try that.

Impressive

Violet_0

Banned

very impressive indeed, but ... why didn't you rez your friend while Diablo casts one of his spells?

s7evn

You're the King.

Totakeke

Just spent more than an hour on Inferno butcher solo, killed him in a group but found it very tough for myself since my defence is so low. But I finally got the bastard after squeezing in enough seconds to deal damage. I probably did more than 25 tries... and the 5 valor buff still had 2 mins left when I finally made it! The extra +7 maximum discipline from my quiver really helped as it lets me do three smoke screens to run around the panels.

I'm running a crit-oriented build using crit runes from hungering arrow and impale to do damage. Those two are great but lightning bolts on elemental arrow (amazing stunlock against elites in a group) feels like it deals too little damage and the hit box is so small. I guess overall the crit build works pretty well, except I'm always not sure if sharpshooter is worth it, but without it it feels like I'm missing a lot of crits.

aHS0n.jpg

hDvAB.jpg

And... my weapon.

5Cu1U.png

God, I'm so poor. :( I farmed the whole day and almost got a whole new set for my WD friend but only one or two items for myself. :sadface

Staab

try something like

minion shield
horde
molten
vampiric

roughly every fifth or fourth elite mob in inferno is impossible to beat, and that's just act 1

TroLoLol
Screenshot013.jpg

Fucker spawns minions endlessly, horde indeed.
Molten = don't stand close, mortar = don't stand far.
Innate teleporting.
Yeahhh.....

balddemon

Banned
just opened all the chests in the secret level thanks to tonkatsu ( i had 134% MF , idk about the others. but i think one had 89% ) anyways i got 6 rares and a couple good magics. cannot wait until i can farm that place my self

For some reason I was thinking about this, and there's nothing in Diablo 3 that is nearly as heinous as the last ten minutes of Mass Effect 3. So there is that going for it.

Cipherr

Killed Izual yesterday on Inferno. He isnt so tough when Im in my resist set and he can't one shot me with his roomwide AoE. I just ate it and dps'd him down while kiting around the circles. This allowed me to trigger the next checkpoint and farm the Deckard Cain yellows that drop items. Plus Tyrael is still with me. So even though I dont one shot them I can just kite them around the portal dropping slowing traps, a Sentry and Spike grenades, and Tyrael and my Templar kill them in short order while I wear my Magic find set, lol.

Slycoopr

Can't get anywhere on inferno difficulty and practically out of money. where's the best place to farm; is act 4 hell mode the best place to farm?

Instro

So question:

"If you would like us to process this roll back request, reply to this ticket using with confirmation and acknowledgement that you know some progress will be lost. "

How do I reply to the ticket though lol? Do I just click mark as resolved or what?

Sophia

So question:

"If you would like us to process this roll back request, reply to this ticket using with confirmation and acknowledgement that you know some progress will be lost. "

How do I reply to the ticket though lol? Do I just click mark as resolved or what?

There's a reply box below the ticket.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
So I just got to inferno, pretty sure me and my friend are undergear...

Is there any way to start farming for inferno? Should I go back to Hell to farm, it seems like everything dropped there are craps.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Is there any way to start farming for inferno? Should I go back to Hell to farm, it seems like everything dropped there are craps.

The situation to gear yourself without the AH is severely depressing thb..

Yeah, farm Act IV Hell with full Nephalem Valor stacks, sell any good stuff you don't need on AH, use that to buy anything else you need

Sophia

The official forums are a good source of humor. Shame there are no blue posters.

The situation to gear yourself without the AH is severely depressing thb..

Doesn't really bother me. I just wish the Auction House was more extensive in it's search categories. At least let me search by item name or give me an idea the price of an item. Right now I'm shooting in the dark with estimates.

some items are pretty bad, like the boots. 12% ms are a must for me. the shoulders are bad too.

album with all but the weapon

I'm a glass canon. I'm working on getting good items with resi/armor/vit/int.

edit: I only list one ring, because they are the same.

thank you so much for doing this. it pretty much confirms what I suspected: though my weapon is 1007 damage, it's IS the reason why my damage is so low. My other items are fucking fantastic...but my weapon is simply not enough for Act II.

For now, I'm stepping down from trying to beat Belial. I battled all the way through Act II and I tried for 2.5 hours tonight just trying to beat him. In a nutshell: 30,000 dps is just not enough to take down the endless stream of invis trident dudes. I tried every reasonable combination tonight, but ultimately, he just gets overwhelmed. In 2.5 hours, I never even made it to the second part of the fight. I never got part 1 Belial below 60% health. I kept trying because I figured it was just something I needed to do better. Nope. Simply put: damage is king. If you're not doing...by my estimates...40k-50k damage, you're not sniffing a Belial victory. Period. There's not enough space to seriously kite and not doing enough damage means the inviso guys can get a surround and take you down. There is no way to keep them away long enough for the cooldowns to reset. Before the Energy Armor nerf, it was possible with just 30,000 damage and < 30,000 health. No longer.

Fellow Wizards on Act II (Inferno) who want to solo Belial: I encourage you to go back to Act I (or skip forward to Act III) and just farm. Farm a couple of million and buy a weapon like the one la_briola here found. 1200 damage (or that in total if you're 1-handing it), good +damage, maybe a socket, and whatever other stats you can get. Otherwise, you need not apply.

I'm stacking paper tomorrow and I will own an uber weapon by the end of the weekend. fuck this noise.

Regards,

A disappointed Dreams-Visions who is hella grateful to la_briola.

P.S. --> if you're not using the auction house, it will probably be a long, long time before you find an uber weapon good enough to boost your DPS to handle Act II reasonably. you might get really lucky, but understand it's a low-ass probability. Use your time wisely.

511 resist all,
7000 armor with aura
44k hp
10k dps
800 ish life on hit.

Cannot kill a single champion pack on act 2 inferno, I have no idea how a monk is supposed to do this solo.

well i just bought every piece of equipment for 5k or less ( couple of them for 400-500) and im just using it to open a chest in secret level

but yeah it sucks, with my normal gear on i have 0% T_T

I was at least lucky that my 2nd char was untouched.

Got it from 18 to 26 tonight. Hopefully they don't roll that char back...

Sophia

There isn't :\. All I have is "marked as resolved" and "I still have a problem" at the top, and the status is "answered".

Is it because I did this through the account compromise web form?

That could be it. I'd hit "I still have a problem" in that case.

Jubbly

Can I get a price check on this please?

WV3iO.png

Also, just bought this for 12,000 - perhaps the seller forgot a 0 when setting that auction up? :)

ONGxh.png

Combined with my awesome source the DPS is better than any reasonably priced 2-hand staff.

Shouta

Is it worthwhile? Or do Act 2/3/4 drop better loot?

Butcher is steady and fast but it doesn't really give you the crazy stuff from higher acts because it still shoots low. However, you do get the possibility of really nice yellows in it.

511 resist all,
7000 armor with aura
44k hp
10k dps
800 ish life on hit.

Cannot kill a single champion pack on act 2 inferno, I have no idea how a monk is supposed to do this solo.

You can beat champs in Act 2 Inferno with Monk, I've done it myself but it takes some serious work. Serenity - Ascension is essential as well as Life Per Spirit Spent (w/Transcendence). You'll basically want to deal as much damage as you can when you're at full health/invincible and then back off until you can again. Lashing Tail Kick is VERY good for this as well. I got some decent gear on my Monk after killing 2-3ish Champion groups.

Hero

So farming Act 1 Inferno a bit, getting a bunch of rares. My bow is like 690 dps, trying to hold for a bow or xbow with 1000 dps. Would like to snipe an auction.

I got my resistances to about 450 today while maintaining 13k DPS but my health is fucking pitiful at only 20k. Fortunately I'm pretty good at kiting so barring the completely bullshit elites/rares I don't have problems killing them.

Got my first Legendary. Do you guys think at this point it's worth keeping them, or should I be selling before people catch on and the market bottoms out? Is it even worthwhile for a Witch Doctor, and if not, what do you think it'll sell for?'

justicelan.jpg

This a Green Lantern reference?

Starting hell at level 50 as a Monk with 12.7k health
XmSS0.png
mboYV.png

Any advice on getting better gear and abilities?

I spent 70k at the start of nightmare and 90% of it is the same. I only have like... 60k.

wat

I said

wat

yep. Without any additional features (like +damage%, +attack speed, +int), it's just not bringing enough heat. I compared his build with mine and with the exception of his new weapon, my build offers more armor, vitality and int. his brings more resist. In the end, the weapon is the difference between my 25k damage and 40k damage.

and so I'll be farming up to 2 mill this weekend if possible. gold drops are plentiful in Act I inferno, and constantly checking that damn auction house. I have about 700k in extra items that I can sell at any time, along with my primary weapon after I find my next 2h weapon. I shouldn't be in the poor house long.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
So farming Act 1 Inferno a bit, getting a bunch of rares. My bow is like 690 dps, trying to hold for a bow or xbow with 1000 dps. Would like to snipe an auction.

I got my resistances to about 450 today while maintaining 13k DPS but my health is fucking pitiful at only 20k. Fortunately I'm pretty good at kiting so barring the completely bullshit elites/rares I don't have problems killing them.

This a Green Lantern reference?

My hp is 7200 LOL

Check a few pages back.

The mere presence of mob standing next to me is enough to kill my ass lol..

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wizard Act II inferno, solo'd through Magdha and just got Zul's head and took a break. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I probably had about 10 deaths in this period. It's pretty sad that my first decent drop ever is a 650 dps 1 hander with 100 some int and 200 vit, from Mag.

Replaced some int gems with vit and working with 30k hp and 45k dps. So far there hasn't been a pack I had to skip, arcane hydra + orb + snare and 20% movement speed bonus make it possible.

The insects and furry launchers are worse than the packs or bosses to me, lol.

Wizard Act II, solo'd through Magdha and just got Zul's head and took a break. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but I probably had about 10 deaths in this period. It's pretty sad that my first decent drop ever is a 650 dps 1 hander with 100 some int and 200 vit, from Mag.

Replaced some int gems with vit and working with 30k hp and 45k dps. So far there hasn't been a pack I had to skip.

at 45k damage, you shouldn't have to skip anyone.

now, if you were at 20k-30k damage like us peasants...

Starting hell at level 50 as a Monk with 12.7k health
XmSS0.png
mboYV.png

Any advice on getting better gear and abilities?

I spent 70k at the start of nightmare and 90% of it is the same. I only have like... 60k.

Raising your resistances will have a huge effect and at your level it's probably the most cost effective way to improve your defenses. Pick one resistance, pump it and use the One With Everything passive to get it to apply all damage types.

Raising your resistances will have a huge effect and at your level it's probably the most cost effective way to improve your defenses. Pick one resistance, pump it and use the One With Everything passive to get it to apply all damage types.
Should I buy or farm something in nightmare?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
at 45k damage, you shouldn't have to skip anyone.

now, if you were at 20k-30k damage like us peasants...

Even so, I don't think it will be possible for me to solo Act II boss. I don't even want to think about the tight quarters first missions of Act III either, lots of death awaiting me there.

Anything where I have space to run around though is pretty easy, which means most bosses are not much of a challenge. We're just placed in a terrible spot at the end of Act II.

Even so, I don't think it will be possible for me to solo Act II boss. I don't even want to think about the tight quarters first missions of Act III either, lots of death awaiting me there.

Anything where I have space to run around though is pretty easy, which means most bosses are not much of a challenge. We're just placed in a terrible spot at the end of Act II.

Nah man, I don't know if you saw my last diatribe, but I think anyone with your level of skill can do it with 40k-50k damage. Unless Sparkflint is part of that 45k. In other words, if you're gettting 45k with just Glass Cannon + Magic Weapon, you'll at least be able to get to part 2 of that fight (you won't have room for Sparkflint in your build, so if that's a part of the calculus, it will be really tough). I don't know if you'll be able to do enough ducking and dodging in part 2...but the first part (with the tight quarters) will be reasonable for you.

I can't comment fully on the second part of that fight seeing as how I never got to it, but I did watch a few videos and he does the same shit in the same patterns. Only concern I read is that after the Energy Armor nerf, he can pretty much one-shot with a single arm-slam. That will be a problem of a different sort, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom