• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey GAF! I need some more people to play with, I'm not as far along as everyone. Still in Nightmare, as a level 40 DH. But if you want another person on your friends list give me an add, I'll be sure to play with you.

Add: Inferno313#1370

LordCanti

why is it such a big deal? no one bids on anything anyways

It undermines the auction process when someone can just cancel an auction if they don't like the bids they're getting.

I wonder if this trick works for making cooldowns shorter... hotkey a button to cast preparation (or whatever) and then set your clock 45 seconds forward...

Mother of God. Someone try this :p

Whooter

Go take a look! Place an int filter with min 150 and set your max buyout for 15 - 20k
You'll see a ton of them with 900 dmg plus or minus 100.

Be warned, it's only really good for your merc though. You may get an extra stat or two in that price range.

Ooooooh! Okay, I get it now. I read your original post as saying "If you have the enchantress as your companion, it'll make these things appear on the AH", not "If you're using the enchantress, there are some good deals for her on the AH."

lol :)

balddemon

Banned
the only time i've ever bid on an item is when the min bid was 1489 and the buyout was 200k for some godly item i needed. sadly someone posted the bin :(

FrankT

Got my first legendary at level 27. Feels good man. Anyhow I have a ton of MF on, but that doesn't really impact the % drop chance for a legendary does it?

So far not had any real problems with my Barb up until Belial which gave me a few issues. Once I figured out sprint around the BS it was no prob.

ShaneB

Just reading the thread and getting caught up, that cancel auction fiasco is hilarious. I have no idea what is going on at Blizzard anymore with this game.

That auction house bug is just embarrassing. Not that it's a huge deal.

At least the RMAH isn't live yet. This may cause them to delay it further (it's been tentatively scheduled to go up on the 12th if you clicked on the button in-game.)

I'll update the OP with news and stuffs on Monday (I know there have been hotfixes, etc.) - I haven't read this thread as much with all the glut of new (mostly E3) threads. Haven't played much Diablo either, being on the Mac side of my partition - I can't do much but play games when I'm in Windows on this computer.

And please try and keep price checks and trading in the other thread. The OT will be moving to community next week as per forum rules being a month after release (even if it's OT4 at that point.) So anyone playing Diablo will be looking in that forum. If we decide we just want to keep it all in here if the thread slows down enough, that's fine too.

xgdqg.png

Curious to see what happens when the original cancel period expires D:

Edit: Lol, it starts a new counter at 60m. Funny.

sPDIH.png

good job, Blizzard.

good job.

Jackl

Billion dollar company using half baked tricks?(Especially when they pushed online verification DRM to prevent client side shenanigans.) Yea. Feels bad man.

inky

Wonder if all these hacking are because of some simple flaw somewhere like this.

The ease with which people get a hold of emails+passwords makes me wonder the same thing. Sure, it might be pure coincidence, but it is not far out there to believe there could be some leaks in Blizz system as well. *shrugs*

ShaneB

it's been constantly delayed since the game came out...and other than that i dont really know lol

I think the delays are more to do with trying to get control of any sort of economy and make things seem stable in the game itself, or at least trying to figure out how to balance things knowing it'll get out of control no matter what they do.

Who knows.

LordCanti

If anyone needs perfect square gems made in NA, it's 30k gold + mats (3 flawless square, and like 3 tomes of secret) per gem. I'd be willing to do it free of charge.

The ease with which people get a hold of emails+passwords makes me wonder the same thing. Sure, it might be pure coincidence, but it is not far out there to believe there could be some leaks in Blizz system as well. *shrugs*

One of the recent news pieces (which I'll officially add to the OP by Monday) was that they changed it from just requiring SMS notifications to use the RMAH. You now also will NEED to have an authenticator.

Curious that wasn't to begin with, but there you go.

so you cant actually win auctions his way. i jut tried sniping something but i left the AH and then came back in and the timer is back to normal. bo urns lol.

inky

Got my first legendary at level 27. Feels good man. Anyhow I have a ton of MF on, but that doesn't really impact the % drop chance for a legendary does it?

Don't know about legendaries, but afaik MF affects the quality of the items you are getting (not the stats), that is, an enemy has a chance of dropping the same number of items but the MF stat affects how many of those could be whites/magic/rare. With MF above 200 in Act I I don't ever get grey items to drop for example, while moving to Act II and losing my MF I see a ton of them and a lot less rares per area run. I suspect it does affect legendary drops because I seem to get one every few runs as well whereas I didn't before when I wasn't focusing on MF + didn't have NV stacks.

So how long does it take to get to 60 with whatever method now?

Is it really that hard to hit 60? I have been playing at a steady pace and just finished Nightmare half way into 50 on my Wizard. 10 more levels doesn't seem like such a big deal and something that you need to grind hard...

BTW if anyone wants to play with me my tag is mrilyam1367 about to start Hell.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Is it really that hard to hit 60? I have been playing at a steady pace and just finished Nightmare half way into 50 on my Wizard. 10 more levels doesn't seem like such a big deal and something that you need to grind hard...
I have 137 hours Invested in my main.

There's no reason for me to spend 30+ hours when I could spend 5 or whatever to help my main gear farm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You go back and forth between how awesome and how horrible the game is SO much.
I haven't "praised" this game in over a week. It truly is a bad, bad game though and I'll be surprised if it even holds up until PvP patch comes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Then stop fucking playing it?

Who keeps playing a "bad,bad game" of their own will?
People who wants to help other people, silly!

I'm getting a few spam friend requests for gold websites now and I haven't played the game with anyone else at all.

I suspect this has something to do with that damn auto join general chat thing. I always leave it but I've seen people selling gold in that too.

What crazy fool thought that was a good idea? My account better not be at risk.

Wedge7

Did I luck out with this helm, or is it missing some key components, besides I guess ResistALL/Socket. Dunno if wizards prefer AttackSpeed or crit dmg as opposed to crit chance. I know for my DH, I tend to go for crit dmg/attack speed over crit chance, as it goes well with the crit dmg gem/passive, wondering if it was the same for wizards?

helm.png

I'm not asking for a pricecheck or anything of that nature, as I know theirs a thread, but just wanted to know if its a great item or just mediocre.

SUPARSTARX

Did I luck out with this helm, or is it missing some key components, besides I guess ResistALL/Socket. Dunno if wizards prefer AttackSpeed or crit dmg as opposed to crit chance. I know for my DH, I tend to go for crit dmg/attack speed over crit chance, as it goes well with the crit dmg gem/passive, wondering if it was the same for wizards?

[]http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh542/thewedge777/helm.png[/IMG]

I'm not asking for a pricecheck or anything of that nature, as I know theirs a thread, but just wanted to know if its a great item or just mediocre.

It's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom