• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Some indefensible shitty game design right here. I don't care what anyone says. Blizzard is to large, and D3 was in the oven far to long for shit like this.

Sure its harmless but it makes them look HORRRIBLE.

jchap

Some indefensible shitty game design right here. I don't care what anyone says. Blizzard is to large, and D3 was in the oven far to long for shit like this.

Sure its harmless but it makes them look HORRRIBLE.

Its may be harmless or the dupe exploit that goes along with this trick may be true.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Hehe, I can't believe they didn't use the server clock! Actually I can. My guess is that was one of the ways they were trying to reduce the lag. Didn't want their servers to get overloaded with having the client continually ping the server to figure out the time :p

zlatko

Banned
So I am a level 20 something DH, and I am enjoying the class immensely. Currently tied between WD and DH as the most fun class for me.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I usually just look at price value to determine if I keep it or trash...saw this for almost 3k and got super excited....

pOYwN.png

....damnit blizzard! Life steal mod makes items way to expensive for vendors lol

zou

What's even more fucked up is that it looks like they don't even hit the server at all. It would be one thing if they "only" forgot to check whether the auction is eligible to be canceled, but I think they actually trust the client... Canceling my items was instantaneous and they showed the incorrect timestamp as well (auction ended 2 days ago). Considering how slow listing items can be and how long it takes to send an item from the auction list to your stash, I really think it's all local. This would also nicely fit in with the recent 50 item limit they added.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just finished the game on Normal :)

So I guess
Adria
will be in the expansion pack as a boss/quest line?

Also I'm guessing getting
Leah's soul
back will be a quest line in the expansion as well?

I imagine the jewel the jewelcrafter is looking for will be a quest in the expansion as well.

Just started Act 1 on Nightmare. Why the fuck is the jewelcrafter so far away from everything else of merit?

Cipherr

Thats what they get for nerfing ZK before I got my Barb to 60 Q_Q

Nah, Barb is at 42 now, so Im at that range where "Reduced level requirement" stuff is starting to pop up from level 60 items on the AH. Once you hit that, its a breeze from there anyway. And besides my Monk is 60 and my Wiz is 59, so I cannot complain at all about having to level the last of the 4 classes I intend to play to 60 at all. I had my fun. Maybe I'll have some idea how to play this class by the time I hit 60 instead of having to solo Hell at level 60 just to learn about the class I just powerleveled ;)

Cipherr

Im not going to try the AH cancel thing though. This is so embarrassing I could see them handing out short term bans in a fit of red faced rage.

Just started Act 1 on Nightmare. Why the fuck is the jewelcrafter so far away from everything else of merit?

Some bad design on New Tristam all over the place. Jeweler all the way by the docks, Town Portal blue circle sits right on top of the goddamn stash. Annoying annoying annoying.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn... finally got to the point where I could progress in Act 2 and made my way up to Zultan Kulle's archives (the area in which you fight him), but the rare packs have just gotten way too hard. Even the normal mobs seem to have powered up somewhat.

I'm out of money, and any further upgrades look like they will cost 5,000,000 or more per item. Not sure if I want to farm Butcher for a couple of days to auction shit and get that kind of cash. I may just quit until 1.0.3

zou

Hm, I wonder if this together with the "fake item" check preview exploit can be used to dupe items. Cancel non-existing item/auction. Then send to stack.

Narag

If you change your time forward a day or so does it reflect that on the time left in the actual auctions?

I listed stuff and changed back after. It came back as Expired and I didn't see the items available on the AH. Reloading the AH seemed to make it sync up though, I think, as listed items appeared under searches.

Woo-Fu

Banned
They're deleting threads about this shortly after they're created in the Gameplay/General forum but people keep making them. After last night's hotnerfs they have a bunch of pissed off farmers hitting the forums to raise hell, this just gives them ammo.

Blizzard makes game require persistent server connection then relies upon the client for date/time checks with relation to player transactions.

It doesn't get much dumber than that.

zou

Very soon I'd imagine. If they did this to spare the AH servers millions of "what time is it" queries, they may even need to upgrade their hardware to fix this.

This is absurd.

That can't even be the problem. There's no reason they would have to implement that, just a simple check with the server every time an action is canceled would suffice and would not stress the server any more.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm sure this is probably already known to everyone, but if you use the enchantress as your minion, lvl 60 2h swords with int are dirt cheap on the AH.

I picked up a 900 dmg, 170 int sword and some vitality for 9k.

zou

xgdqg.png

Curious to see what happens when the original cancel period expires D:

Edit: Lol, it starts a new counter at 60m. Funny.

sPDIH.png

What if you were to change the date immediately (with a script let's say) after someone would have "won" a bid on an item. Say two people are working together. hmm.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Go take a look! Place an int filter with min 150 and set your max buyout for 15 - 20k
You'll see a ton of them with 900 dmg plus or minus 100.

Be warned, it's only really good for your merc though. You may get an extra stat or two in that price range.

Anyone got a somewhat general guide for Hardcore mode ?
(recommended Level, DPS and VIT for each act/bosses)

Pretty sure I saw one, but didn't save it.

Very soon I'd imagine. If they did this to spare the AH servers millions of "what time is it" queries, they may even need to upgrade their hardware to fix this.

This is absurd.

If that's the reason they did it, it would be pretty embarrassing. The server already knows the exact time your auction was placed because otherwise how would it know when it expires?

Changing the date on your client should allow the cancel button to appear, but clicking it should result in an error message (after the client sends the request to the server) that says "This auction can no longer be cancelled"

Darkman M

I tried it with existing auctions. While it does say expired, it wouldn't let me relist anything. It didn't move the items into the not sold queue, and when I moved it back to normal time and then moved it forward past the auction time it didn't work. Unless I did something wrong, it must have sync with the server at some point, in order for it to move them back to your auction queue.

It worked like magic for me, thanks blizzard.

Mitama

So what is the ZK nerf? Is he just not exploitable for triple xp or is it a complete quest cp nerf aka Azmodan?

The laziest possible way. The one that doesn't require any fixing whatsoever: straight up nerfing the quest reward which harms legit players as well. Also, lol at the AH cancelling; I knew it was client-side since you can find the button and click it (programmatically), even though it's invisible but this? Good stuff haha.

HenryHSH

So if you move your clock 5 minutes into the future, does it post your item on the AH right away? I assume you can't move it back (for 5 minutes) after it's posted or it would delist it... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom