• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Took about 30 trys, but I finally beat Belial on Act II. The biggest thing I changed with my gear for Belial was the total amount of Vitality, making sure he couldn't one shot me if I got hit by his double fist pound. I also switched up my skills quiet a bit. I swaped out astral presence for Blur, Celestiral Orb for Tap the source, and got Lightning Blast to help with the first 2 parts.

My stats and boss battle skill build:
actIIInfernalStats.jpg

My normal skill build:
InferWizAct2.jpg

Cipherr

For those still leveling alts, the "Turning the Tide" quest section in early Act II from the start until the part where you TP back to the keep awards about 200k exp per run. And a run takes about 7-8 minutes on Nightmare for my 45 Barb. Its more gear dependant than Kulle runs were though, so if you dont have Reduced Level Req high dps weapons its probably not worth the time. But if you do its hilariously fun and quick. And the paths are always the same.

So you just start the quest, portal over, raise the lifts cleave the packs down on the way, take shortcuts by using Leap here and there and get a level every 12 or 13 minutes. Its probably not as fast as Kulle runs (about 2 minutes of every run is spent waiting on the lifts to raise after you have killed everything in the area), but its much less dull and its still fast as hell.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Got my first legendary at level 27. Feels good man. Anyhow I have a ton of MF on, but that doesn't really impact the % drop chance for a legendary does it?

So far not had any real problems with my Barb up until Belial which gave me a few issues. Once I figured out sprint around the BS it was no prob.

-.- I didnt get my first until like 60 hours in...jeebus.

Got a legendary at about 12 hours in (act II). It's actually pretty crappy, with required level 8 and no notable stats. Probably going to end up auctioning it for very little money.

Deadly

Took about 30 trys, but I finally beat Belial on Act II. The biggest thing I changed with my gear for Belial was the total amount of Vitality, making sure he couldn't one shot me if I got hit by his double fist pound. I also switched up my skills quiet a bit. I swaped out astral presence for Blur, Celestiral Orb for Tap the source, and got Lightning Blast to help with the first 2 parts.

My stats and boss battle skill build:
With enough DPS you could have had a much easier time. You clear part one by dps'ing in the corner and during the second part just use archon mode and you'll kill him before he summons the adds. Then it's just part 3 where you summon venom hydra (add in blizzard and energy twister for an even easier time) and evade his attacks.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I won the cheese lottery. On maybe my 50th cathedral run, some ridiculously good witch doctor set dagger dropped. Sold it for 1 million. Then another really good witch doctor rare for 600k. My wizard's armor is now 6.5k, 400 resists with energy shield.

Just need to work on DPS, but damn rings and amulets are scarce now.

How comparable are attack speed and intelligence for wizards? Seems spells are based on weapon power, but I'm guessing that's without the speed increase..?

Do attack speed buffs on amulets work? I remember some items not working.

balddemon

Banned
which ring should i use gaf?
AvPpy.jpg

current stats with the 2 rings with gems in them:
32k hp
9.2k armor
566-669 resists
190 life on hit
1.29 attacks/second

elfinke

I'm still enjoying the hell out of D3. Moseying along to 60 with my WD, at 60 with a barb and about to fire up either a DH or Wiz next once WD dings 60.

I thought the AH client clock thing was known about already? A mate was joking about it a few days ago. What a hilarious oversight, as others have said, it's not game-breaking or a big deal in effect, but it looks sloppy.

Cipherr

Huge exploit found apparently. Forcing rollbacks. I wouldnt do this if I were you, probably end in bans, but apparently you can have a player invite you to a game, (im not sure if it has to be a quest on you have not gotten too yet or not) but once you join that game, you begin crafting 6 Property items with your mats and gold. If you dont get a good haul, the host leaves the game, which boots everyone else out (so long as the host doesnt start or complete any quests).

When everyone it booted to the char screen, the server forces a short rollback, removing the items crafted/rolled and restoring the materials.

Rinse and repeat until the dice rolls of the item creations are worthwhile When they are, host stays, crafter leaves and posts stuff on the AH and profits if I understand correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cohsGbA_9-A

Luckily Blizzard is already aware. That might not be exactly whats happening, but thats the jest of it. They are getting the best of the RNG crafting by using the host leave > booted to lobby rollback.

Riggs

Banned
Huge exploit found apparently. Forcing rollbacks. I wouldnt do this if I were you, probably end in bans, but apparently you can have a player invite you to a game, (im not sure if it has to be a quest on you have not gotten too yet or not) but once you join that game, you begin crafting 6 Property items with your mats and gold. If you dont get a good haul, the host leaves the game, which boots everyone else out (so long as the host doesnt start or complete any quests).

When everyone it booted to the char screen, the server forces a short rollback, removing the items crafted/rolled and restoring the materials.

Rinse and repeat until the dice rolls of the item creations are worthwhile When they are, host stays, crafter leaves and posts stuff on the AH and profits if I understand correctly.

Luckily Blizzard is already aware. That might not be exactly whats happening, but thats the jest of it. They are getting the best of the RNG crafting by using the host leave > booted to lobby rollback.

Wow ...

LordCanti

How does Blizzard not do a complete rollback after something like this? Just think of all the multi-million gold items that are now floating around that shouldn't be. Ugg.

balddemon

Banned

silly blizzard

How does Blizzard not do a complete rollback after something like this? Just think of all the multi-million gold items that are now floating around that shouldn't be. Ugg.

Just leave my chars at 60, and i'm fine with that. or maybe make the itemisation patch so balls deep in insanity that it renders all other gear obsolete.

HenryHSH

I think I have an idea how to create that mini rollback. At least an instance where if the host leaves the other players are automatically kicked out.

Deadly

Well for once I have to say this is an exploit that Blizzard couldn't really have seen coming. How can they actually fix this though? I assume the rollback is there for some reason...

IcedTea

Well for once I have to say this is an exploit that Blizzard couldn't really have seen coming. How can they actually fix this though? I assume the rollback is there for some reason...
They should just remove multiplayer so that hacks like this don't ruin the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If anyone needs perfect square gems made in NA, it's 30k gold + mats (3 flawless square, and like 3 tomes of secret) per gem. I'd be willing to do it free of charge.
I'm willing to do the same.

They should change it so that the RNG seed also rolls back, making it so that attempts to reroll the crafting system will just result in getting the same items.

Won

Things will only get better as soon the RMAH rolls out!

I think I will switch over to hardcore sooner rather than later.

Junie12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=cohsGbA_9-A

Wow that sounds insane! :eek:

Jesus just how many problems will this game have -_-

All these things Blizz are now fixing are exactly what I expected, Blizz for some reason can not make a good game when it doesn't have a good beta, a part of act 1 really is nothing. Obviously their internal core group of testers can not get everything and this is what happens all the time.

GorillaJu

15 SOJ!

(What's it worth? I'm searching on the AH but not finding this exact combo + socket).

No idea but if I had the money I'd probably she'll out 5 or more million for that. +19 ASI is godlike. The only thing it needs is a little more discipline. I prefer +10 on my quivers.

Generally quivers come fairly cheaply but 19 ASI is pretty special I'd say

No idea but if I had the money I'd probably she'll out 5 or more million for that. +19 ASI is godlike. The only thing it needs is a little more discipline. I prefer +10 on my quivers.

The 19% seems to be the seller. Saw 2-3 that have 20% and similar stats that are going for anywhere between 5 and 20 million.

Silly AH, so hard to sort through this kind of thing, and soooo much inflation.

I dont feel ferrets are good enough to give up another option.

Sometimes I can get the gold just as fast, they should have a faster speed.
Possibly there should be three.
They should prioritize gold instead of attacking enemies first.

I'm just running around killing things fast looting they need to get my gold while I find the next enemies. They actually slow me down though...sometimes theyll sit at a pile of gold and not even grab it right away.

Seems right now its just a silly novelty choice.

GorillaJu

The 19% seems to be the seller. Saw 2-3 that have 20% and similar stats that are going for anywhere between 5 and 20 million.

Silly AH, so hard to sort through this kind of thing, and soooo much inflation.

Yeah it's really difficult to tell. Sometimes I under price my stuff because I run a search and see a ton of auctions that are close to ending and I think "well if those aren't selling fast then obviously they're too expensive"

Then I price mine cheaper and it sells instantly and feels like a missed opportunity to make a little more money

I have a buddy who's an expert on quivers. Let me give him a call and we can see what we have here.

Well, this quiver is only +19% attack speed instead of a nice, round +20% attack speed. Plus it doesn't have any intellect or all-resistance, a trait desirable on so many items in my shop.

I can offer you 50k and that's the best I can do.

I have a buddy who's an expert on quivers. Let me give him a call and we can see what we have here.

Well, this quiver is only +19% attack speed instead of a nice, round +20% attack speed. Plus it doesn't have any intellect or all-resistance, a trait desirable on so many items in my shop.

Sadly, that's as reliable as anything I can gleam from the AH. :p

For some reason price checks and Gaf do not work. Post Legendary-> trollpost

Jackl

Just to recap.

Client side AH functions to insta-cancel your auctions, and duping discovered on the same day!

Coincidence?

P.S. Wasn't online required supposed to prevent these issues?

Just to recap.

Client side AH functions to insta-cancel your auctions, and duping discovered on the same day!

Coincidence?

P.S. Wasn't online required supposed to prevent these issues?

Didn't Blizzard announce that canceling auctions at any time is coming in the next patch anyway? The client side "cancel" seems to be what Blizzard was going to implement anyway.

Now duping.... No excuses, none.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Where my rings at Blizzard? I need some rings, dammit.

Yeah, something is wrong with ring drops.

I'm looking for:
attack speed 12+%
Vitality 100+
Intelligence 100+
< 500K gold

Something remotely in that ball park gets snatched immediately.

There's tons of shit level 30-55 rings being sold for 400k with attack speed.

Did Blizzard nerf rings or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom