• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: Possible money laundering commencing. Asian servers plagued. US and EU servers possibly effected as well.

tumblr_m5e1yc9CBJ1r0zldoo1_400.jpg

(Could be fake)

But with crafting exploit it is possible. Rollback is a possibility.

> 5 billion gold
> Uses Flawless Square gems

LordCanti

Just converted all my perfect square emeralds to stars and sold them. Juusssssst barely covered the upgrade costs + gold/mat costs. I could have made the same amount selling the perfect squares.

So, yeah, it's not a bottomless money pit, but you won't make much either. Unless you're making anything other than Emeralds of course, in which case good luck with that.

Apparently this was patched in the US and EU already, but it still live on the servers in other places. At least we should be safe from humongous rollbacks. It was patched here before people found out about it apparently.

That's good news at least.

Wait, you can craft items worth 20 million gold? I haven't been bothering with crafting much because items on the AH are better, but I guess maybe I should, I have a whole bunch of materials saved up.

Well, the blacksmith a slot machine with a small chance at an amazing item that can sell for that much, but most of the time people craft garbage or just enough to break even (only 6-attribute recipe I have is for Mighty Belts, and it costs 91k + 35 Inferno Blue Crafting Thingies + 5 Inferno Yellow Crafting Thingies, which totals about 200k in a 'pull of the lever').

People have figured out a player hosting exploit that basically means you can 'take back' a roll if you get a less-than-desirable rare.

Imagine pulling the lever on a slot machine and taking your money back if you get nothing, but reap the rewards if you hit the jackpot. That is basically what is going on.

Holy shit. I know I should have, but I really didn't expect D3 to be as broken/more broken than D2. Especially with their 1337 server-side code and always-on DRM implemented "to protect the game experience."

Man, I have a friend that just spends most of his time on the AH and not even playing it's silly! But the thing is: his gear is so much better than mine it's not even funny! He has millions of spare gold just lying around too. I tried going down that road, but I got bored of refreshing amulet/ring auctions after 10 minutes or so.

Goddammit. :(

eek5

Man, I have a friend that just spends most of his time on the AH and not even playing it's silly! But the thing is: his gear is so much better than mine it's not even funny! He has millions of spare gold just lying around too. I tried going down that road, but I got bored of refreshing amulet/ring auctions after 10 minutes or so.

amulet/rings are heavily, heavily botted

If you're in it to flip, look in the middle of the pack for REALLY good rings instead of looking at the bottom of the barrel for decent rings. You'll almost never win those

Wallach

Holy shit. I know I should have, but I really didn't expect D3 to be as broken/more broken than D2. Especially with their 1337 server-side code and always-on DRM implemented "to protect the game experience."

We aren't there yet, but it was obvious that the shadiest of the shady that already lurked D2 so hard were going to come for D3 even harder. It was the most foregone shit in the world, and they weren't prepared for which there's really no excuse. Glad we sacrificed proper offline play at the altar of the online experience so they could protect the economy from this shit. Looks like it only bought us a few days, maybe they should rip out some more features.

Cagey

Banned

I've been doing this for awhile. Still do, though not amulets (not anymore... that ship sailed a couple weeks ago). You need to find other markets where mods are being undervalued often by sellers. I've had so much more success generating gold from "1d12" (formerly "2d") drops than from any monsters giving me anything.

Not sure why people keep talking about rollbacks. If there's one thing I've learned in 15 years playing MMOs, is that companies will basically never do a global rollback, even for a massive exploit.

I've been doing this for awhile. Still do, though not amulets (not anymore... that ship sailed a couple weeks ago). You need to find other markets where mods are being undervalued often by sellers. I've had so much more success generating gold from "1d12" (formerly "2d") drops than from any monsters giving me anything.

1d12?

Not sure why people keep talking about rollbacks. If there's one thing I've learned in 15 years playing MMOs, is that companies will basically never do a global rollback, even for a massive exploit.

I think they're talking about individual rollbacks, as means of punishment(?) for gold earned by unusual means.

1 day, 12 hours. It means an item was posted onto the AH less than a minute ago, i.e. it's brand spanking new. Most items you can buy cheap and flip for big profits get snatched up before they tick off enough time to go to 1d11h.

lol gotcha, I thought you meant the damage stat that you can't search but in 12 sided die mode

Caerith

Thanks to a blunder (hit train twice) I can now craft Radiant Gem's for anyone in NA that is interested. No charge, just bring the mats (generally 3 of a lower gem, plus 3-5 tomes, and 30-80k depending).
Likewise, I can craft up to Star Gems if anyone in NA needs. But man they're expensive:

Star Gems = 3x Radiant Squares + 9 tomes of secrets + 80k.
Radiant Squares = 3x Perfect Squares + 6 tomes of secrets + 50k.
Perfect Squares = 3x Flawless Squares + 3 tomes of secrets + 30k.

It's ridiculous how fast you can clear Butcher after you're geared for Act 3. Even when I swap out 80% of my gear with garbage that has nothing but MF on it I can steamroll through the entire thing with 200 base MF (not including NV) and get about 15 yellows in 30 minutes.

Even though it's extremely rare to find anything that sells for more than a few hundred k, I'm wondering if this is actually the most efficient way to farm still.

Certainly once iLvl 63 items start dropping in Act I, Butcher will be hands down the most efficient farming spot. I can do ZK and Belial, but it takes like 45 min and I can't wear near as much MF gear so you end up with maybe only 5-6 yellows / run.

I've geared my enchantress up to where she does about 5.5k dps and uses a 1050 dmg 2 hander, so she sometimes walks up to groups of enemies (which I've drawn in with Ground Stomp / Wrenching Smash) and she literally just explodes the entire pack.

eek5

It's ridiculous how fast you can clear Butcher after you're geared for Act 3. Even when I swap out 80% of my gear with garbage that has nothing but MF on it I can steamroll through the entire thing with 200 base MF (not including NV) and get about 15 yellows in 30 minutes.

Even though it's extremely rare to find anything that sells for more than a few hundred k, I'm wondering if this is actually the most efficient way to farm still.

Certainly once iLvl 63 items start dropping in Act I, Butcher will be hands down the most efficient farming spot. I can do ZK and Belial, but it takes like 45 min and I can't wear near as much MF gear so you end up with maybe only 5-6 yellows / run.

I've geared my enchantress up to where she does about 5.5k dps and uses a 1050 dmg 2 hander, so she sometimes walks up to groups of enemies (which I've drawn in with Ground Stomp / Wrenching Smash) and she literally just explodes the entire pack.

Yeah butcher seems really good but A3 barb can do ZK->Belial pretty easily too. I wear mostly DPS gear in A2 and can clear champ packs pretty easily and quickly now. After the patch to fix AI behavior and some of the damage spikes, clearing A2 champ packs then doing ZK->Belly should be cake and it has twice the chance of dropping iL63 stuff compared to A1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So are you done w/ the game man?
Nah, not done... it's just that now that I've beaten the game on inferno, I really do feel that the end game is complete trash. I'll be back when everything is settling down irl.

LordCanti

My Nat chest rolled 3 sockets, 50-60 or so Dex, Vita, +life, +spike trap, but no discipline. I should sell it for the 5m or so I'd get and just buy a regular cloak with the same stats for half the price, but it does look nice in any case.

Cipherr

Was Barbarian the first class designed or something? The more I play it, and now get a gooooooood look at the passives/abilities and the way they currently, and will play out later on in the game, the more polished and well designed and tightly knit it seems compared to the others. Im not a big melee fan at all, but I can see it.

Exactly how are people getting globs of money? I am lvl 29 and I keep getting horrible drops.

There are a lot of people with over 200 hours of total played time at this point. Millions of people playing, lots of time being spent, and a lot of gold starts to appear.

Lazlo

Not sure if it was mentioned before, but logging back in to do some royal crypts aaaaand pots aren't really giving out gold anymore. Guess it was patched?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but logging back in to do some royal crypts aaaaand pots aren't really giving out gold anymore. Guess it was patched?
Hotfixed, yeah.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Barely scraped my way through Act II on Inferno on my Barbarian. Glad I was able to do that before the Inferno nerf hits.

I'm not even going to mess with Act III until tomorrow.

Einbroch

Banned
You know that same brother who made all that money? Yeah. He left his bot on overnight and made another 8 million,

:lol at any sense of a balanced economy.

Got to Hardcore level 60 on my Witch Doctor. It's a shame that pets really do become more and more worthless toward the end of Hell and into Inferno. I was having a good time with my WD until then.

Now that I hit that milestone, I think I'll go back to my DH on softcore until 1.0.3.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know that same brother who made all that money? Yeah. He left his bot on overnight and made another 8 million,

:lol at any sense of a balanced economy.

I can only imagine blizzard is hoping they can plug all the low hanging farming methods and the Auction House will eat the excess cash up.

Home

With Tyreal nerfed hard I can no longer farm Act 3 on my monk. Getting one and two shotted everywhere.

It's pretty frustrating tbh. With 70% All resist and 70% armor reduction, I don't know where to go from here, or which gear to pursue. ugh.

Thrakier

I haven't "praised" this game in over a week. It truly is a bad, bad game though and I'll be surprised if it even holds up until PvP patch comes.

I said this weeks ago but you didn't listen. :p There are things to like though, the combat is nice and I even got used to the "access all builds anytime" strategy.

The basic loot game is shit though. It was shit from the beginning because of the AH/RMAH and now that the game is getting raped by cheaters and bots and whatnot, it's not even shit, it's flatout broken. Diablo though is about 90% a loot game whick makes it shit when loot is broke.

See my Barb Inferno, I got no chance to progress or find good loot for several reasons. I'm basically stuck now. Nothing sells on the AH, even if I undervalue my best items by a lot. I can't make money (besides farming for hours, which isn't a fund gameplay mechanism). So...no chance. That's it.

I'll try again after the patch, maybe it helps, but seeing the decisions Blizzard made so far...they just dropped the ball. They lost the feeling for their own franchise.

Riggs

Banned
I said this weeks ago but you didn't listen. :p There are things to like though, the combat is nice and I even got used to the "access all builds anytime" strategy.

The basic loot game is shit though. It was shit from the beginning because of the AH/RMAH and now that the game is getting raped by cheaters and bots and whatnot, it's not even shit, it's flatout broken. Diablo though is about 90% a loot game whick makes it shit when loot is broke.

See my Barb Inferno, I got no chance to progress or find good loot for several reasons. I'm basically stuck now. Nothing sells on the AH, even if I undervalue my best items by a lot. I can't make money (besides farming for hours, which isn't a fund gameplay mechanism). So...no chance. That's it.

I'll try again after the patch, maybe it helps, but seeing the decisions Blizzard made so far...they just dropped the ball. They lost the feeling for their own franchise.

I am act II w/ my DH, feeling the same man.

I get 1 shot by everything. I am 24Khp / 250 resist all / 80K dmg (SS)

I know my HP is low, but I don't even think another 10k would do shit at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom